"We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data

Discus and support "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm getting this error when I try and start Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I understand that this is in the 'known issues' thread, but I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Total Cereal, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Total Cereal
    Total Cereal Guest

"We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data

I'm getting this error when I try and start Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I understand that this is in the 'known issues' thread, but I have followed the troubleshooting steps in that thread to no avail. I haven't made any changes to my Microsoft account recently, so I doubt that is the issue. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so have you resolved it? I have searched all day for answers on this site and others, but I just cannot seem to find a solution.

:)

Total Cereal, Apr 3, 2021
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Como recuperar mi progreso [Mod Translation - How to recover my progress]

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with being able to recover your save data.

Are you receiving any error messages when you were attempting to sync your save data?

Did you recently relocate your console to an area where you are unable to connect to Xbox Live?

Are you sure your signed into the same account that had all this save data?

If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the article that covers

Syncing Xbox One game Saves on the cloud error messages
    and see if these scenarios help you with recovering your save data.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Mundo borrado[Translation-World Erased]

Hey Diego

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

If you experienced any "Syncing data" menu when loading up your game, it is possible that the data could have been overwritten or not synced correctly.

At this point it is possible that you could attempt to recover your save data, by forcing your game to re-sync your save data by

removing and re-adding your account
    back onto you console.

However, if you received any error messages when syncing your data, you could take a look at the article that covers

Syncing cloud error messages

Keep in mind that if you are unable to recover your world using either of these methods, it is likely that you will be unable to recover your world.

I'm sorry about any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

When starting a game offline and the sync data loads, could it retrieve my data to keep going?

You have to be online to sync data with the cloud. Your local save is always saved to your console. If you don't sync to the internet when you haven't in a while, if you somehow lose your saved data you can not sync it back, but you rather get the last synced
    data sent to the cloud.

For more info see here:
    https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq
  5. GrowlingYapper Win User

Lost Save Data

Your saved games data is stored in the cloud as well as the HDD if you delete the saved games data from HDD by accident it will sync from the cloud, at the moment there is a service alert which could be causing your problem.
  6. YoshiMax-71C511E1-71 Win User

Cloud Sync seems to be having a serious problem

I should have said I get the same error as Wolverine - the 80004005 "we were unable to sync your data with the cloud just now"
Thema:

1. "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data - Similar Threads - are unable sync

2. Unable to sync worlds after system reset keeping games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sync worlds after system reset keeping games and apps: Hello, so I am trying to sync the data of my nine year minecraft world. I bought a realm on my xbox one so I could download the world on my xbox series X because it said that the data was...
  3. Hi I am unable to sync 2 x contollers on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I am unable to sync 2 x contollers on xbox one: Hi I am unable to sync 2 x controllers on xbox one wired or wireless ( new batt packs ) I had to take apart as kid posted 2 discs it is up and running have i done somethingto stop the sync ?...
  4. Alien Isolation Windows 10 "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment"

in XBoX on Windows
    Alien Isolation Windows 10 "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment": *Exasperated sigh* ANOTHER evening lost because of Microsoft's inability to make anything that works. I'm trying to load Alien Isolation on my laptop. I pay for the Game Pass subscription and...
  5. Unable to launch Forza Horizon 3 - Unable to sync cloud data/account details have changed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Forza Horizon 3 - Unable to sync cloud data/account details have changed.: I have recently installed Forza Horizon 3 on PC, however, each time I run the game I am greeted with an error stating"We can't sync your data with the cloud right now", then the dreaded "The...
  6. Unable to sync data with cloud - error is on a PC using x-box for PC Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sync data with cloud - error is on a PC using x-box for PC Beta: Trying to launch Forza 4 and MSFS 2020, both show this error. Forza will play offline, but MSFS 2020 won't get past checking for updates as it can't sync? I am trying to run the games from a PC,...
  7. We are unable to sync your data with the cloud running MS flightSim 2020.

in XBoX on Windows
    We are unable to sync your data with the cloud running MS flightSim 2020.: I think the main installation is done of the Delux PC game. Its paid for and appears in my MS account. I have logged into my Xbox account with same email and Im able to launch it from there too...
  8. Unable to sync data with the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sync data with the cloud: Hi constantly getting error message ' we were unable to sync your data either the cloud just now ' 0x83860012 Have tried hard reset, deleting local saved game data. Any ideas please? Trying...
  9. Unable to sync any controller to base model Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to sync any controller to base model Xbox one: Hi guys. I’ve got a launch Xbox one that isn’t connecting to any controllers. My only controller broke today so I went to get a new one. I found when I got home that pressing the sync button on...
  10. Hitman the complete first season unable to sync data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman the complete first season unable to sync data.: After downloading Hitman the complete first season through games with gold I am unable to play it. After launching and pressing the A button to start the game fails to sync data. I am given the...