We can’t find a microphone for these people

Discus and support We can’t find a microphone for these people in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using a PXN steering wheel on an Xbox One. I plug the steering wheel into the console via USB and it works fine. Then I plug my normal... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrentInRochester, Aug 1, 2021.

1. BrentInRochester
    BrentInRochester New Member

I'm using a PXN steering wheel on an Xbox One.

I plug the steering wheel into the console via USB and it works fine. Then I plug my normal controller to the USB on the steering wheel and that works, too. I can control my cars with the steering wheel or the controller. Then I plug my mic into my controller but the console doesn't recognize it.

My party chat in Forza 4 shows "We can't find a microphone for these people". But if I disconnect the steering wheel and just use the same controller and mic, the chat works fine.

Is there any way to make this work together?

BrentInRochester, Aug 1, 2021
  2. BrentInRochester
    BrentInRochester New Member
    Thanks for the great suggestions. To answer a few questions.

@Arminator and @niwshki The controller is an XBox series X. Plugged into the PXN steering wheel. The microphone is the Official Xbox One Chat Headset plugged into the controller.

@AquarrzSudnnym The IPv6 is not the problem. If I unplug the steering wheel the chat works. If I plug it back in the chat stops. I don't change my network in between.

@REN AERO the link you posted has no solution and doesn't mention anything about steering wheels.

@XBF Javier R thanks for the links. My headset works when connected to my controller until I put the steering wheel in the middle of the chain. The troubleshooting steps there all work for me until I use the steering wheel.

My setup is
    XBox One <----USB----> PXN Steering Wheel <-----USB----> XBox Series X Controller <------ Xbox One Chat Headset

I'm trying to use the party chat and I see "We can't find a microphone for these people"

Does anyone use the party chat with a steering wheel? Can I hook it up this way?

BrentInRochester, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Arminator Win User

We can't find a microphone for these people

If you use a headset with a 3.5 mm plug and 3 rings on the connector, know that there are two standards for those headset connectors called "OMTP" and "CTIA".

If you have 3 headsets with a OMTP setup, then the headset is "talking" to the ground pin of the controller, and the controller is "listening" for the microphone on the ground-pin of the headset.

You need to get a CTIA to OMTP adapter, which simply reverses these two contacts. You can get these adapters online or in most cellphone stores.
  4. niwshki Win User

We cant find a microphone for these people.

What do you use for chatting: Xbox One Chat Headset, Stereo Headset, or a 3rd party headset?
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"We cant find a microphone for these people"

When you check System>Settings>Network, do you have a IPv6 address?

Support for IPv6 on xbox one has more detail which may assist you.

What’s IPv6?

Internet Protocol version 6 is the most current network protocol, bringing several improvements over IPv4. Most important, IPv6 expands the number of possible IP addresses (the unique numbers that represent every device on the internet).
    And—most useful for Xbox—the expansion removes the need for
    Network Address Translation (NAT)
    , which can interfere with multiplayer gaming and chat over IPv4 networks
  6. REN AERO Win User

"We cant find a microphone for these people"

7. XBF Javier R Win User

"We cant' find a microphone for these people"

Hello KP,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the message of not being able to find a microphone for your account on your Xbox One console.

This can either be due to the headset itself, or this could also be because of the current network connection.

To test this, attempt to follow both our Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting and
    Xbox One network connection solution support articles for assistance with checking both of these considerations.

Try this out and let us know the results.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. We can’t find a microphone for these people - Similar Threads - can’t find microphone

2. Can’t find Xbox Series X Purchase pilot

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t find Xbox Series X Purchase pilot: I don’t see it in previews or anywhere else, does that mean that it’s not offered to me? Or is it just somewhere else now? submitted by /u/LoganCook11 [link] [comments]
  3. Can’t Find Games on my XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t Find Games on my XBOX: Ok so I bought Madden 22 on my Xbox with a Promo Code but now I go to my games and apps and look in my full library and I don’t see Madden. What could be the problem?...
  4. Can’t find Halo infinite July preview even though I am invited

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t find Halo infinite July preview even though I am invited: Checked the Xbox insider hub as instructed from halo insider. Yet, I can’t find it. Has my invitation been perhaps revoked or is this a common issue? submitted by /u/PrepDogg9 [link] [comments]
  5. Can’t Find Halo Infinite. Help? At a lost

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t Find Halo Infinite. Help? At a lost: Anyone know why I can’t find Halo Infinite on Xbox Insider? submitted by /u/MichaelL9504 [link] [comments]
  6. Can’t find the Halo Infinite Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t find the Halo Infinite Preview: I just downloaded the Insider Hub for the first time just to play Halo Infinite but I can’t seem to find the game anywhere on the app. It only shows me 5 previews which are Minecraft, Xbox Update...
  7. I can’t find tabs in the previews so I can get the beta version

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t find tabs in the previews so I can get the beta version: So I got Xbox insiders for the whole purpose of getting the tabs beta for the unit creator and it is not showing up and submitted by /u/Savings_Barracuda_71 [link] [comments]
  8. “We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be...

in XBoX on Consoles
    “We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be...: This seems to be a recurring issue with many people around the nation. All the Microsoft agents and Xbox Ambassadors just don’t have a finite answer for this issue. We keep getting the “try this...
  9. Keep getting a “We can’t find a microphone for these people” message in the party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting a “We can’t find a microphone for these people” message in the party: Just started earlier today, I got to my controller about to finish a video and I couldn’t get any sound to fo come through my headset. I did the usual unplugged the headset and plugged it back in...
  10. Mic says “We can’t find a microphone for these people”.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic says “We can’t find a microphone for these people”.: so a few weeks back I had an issue where I was getting the message “we can’t find a microphone for these people” when I had my mic plugged in. I use a Turtle beach 50x recon. It definitely isn’t...