we can't find xbox one console with the IP address provided

Discus and support we can't find xbox one console with the IP address provided in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; my laptop xbox beta app is not able to connect with xbox one console. both laptop and console connected with the same router via cable. windows 10 is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SohaibKhan1, Apr 27, 2020.

1. SohaibKhan1
    SohaibKhan1 Guest

my laptop xbox beta app is not able to connect with xbox one console. both laptop and console connected with the same router via cable. windows 10 is fully update.

The IP I am using in app for console is the one I see in router. I don't have TV so can't open console on tv.

Please guide.

Thanks

:)

SohaibKhan1, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

if the console is not connected to hdmi then usually it never fully boots, it waits for a signal that its connected to hdmi before fully booting.

the app would normally autodetect the console.
  3. SohaibKhan1 Win User

yup, app should auto detect the console, but its not happening, rather error is popping out. console is connected to hdmi but still no response, I appreciate if you can look in this matter more.

thanks
  4. WARTHOGWRATHMAR Win User

Xbox Companion App Changed?

I am entering the Xbox IP address and it has the same message "we are not able to find an Xbox One console with the IP address you provided".
  5. AlecRO1 Win User

"We couldn't find an Xbox One console with the IP address provided"

I am having the exact same problem.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

"We couldn't find an Xbox One console with the IP address provided"

Are the following 2 options enabled on your console?

1. Under This Xbox, select Allow game streaming to other devices.
    2. Under Other devices, select Allow connections from any device or
      Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox.

Also, check to make sure AP isolation is not enabled on your router settings - which it should not by default.
Thema:

1. we can't find xbox one console with the IP address provided - Similar Threads - can't find console

2. Got a replacement console, can't find my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got a replacement console, can't find my games: Had to send in my console for repair. They said it was repaired and on the way back to me. However, when I got it I checked the serial number and they replaced it! I followed all the steps and my...
  3. Xbox Console Companion can't find console

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion can't find console: When I try to connect my Xbox One to my Xbox Console Companion app using my Xbox's IP address it gives me an error message saying "We couldn't find an Xbox One console with the IP address...
  4. Can't log into console companion or xbox beta, because it can't find the file

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't log into console companion or xbox beta, because it can't find the file: I've recently updated my PC so that I could try the Xbox beta, but since the update it won't let me log into the app or Xbox companion. When I try to log in it says that I couldn't log into xbox...
  5. Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.: I'm currently traveling and have been using the console companion app to show games on my laptop screen as the place I'm staying at doesn't have a TV. Everything was going fine until the update...
  6. 360 Smart Glass issue: Can't find console no matter what I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 Smart Glass issue: Can't find console no matter what I do: I can't connect to x360 smart glass. I am using an xbox360 and I have enabled devices in the settings. The smart glass App says "Can't find your console". I have tried my android phone, an iPhone,...
  7. Fornite says owned but can't find it anywhere on my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fornite says owned but can't find it anywhere on my console: So I bought the free version of Fortnite through the xbox app on my phone. When on the xbox store on my console, I can't even find it and it is no where to be found in downloads or queue....
  8. Xbox 360 smartglass.....can't find your console?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 smartglass.....can't find your console?!?: I really don't know what to do! For the first time, yesterday, i've decided to install the smartglass app on my iphone 5 to sync with my 360. I found my account perfectly! I see all the games...
  9. Xbox App can't connect to console, doesn't find it if the console isn't turned on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App can't connect to console, doesn't find it if the console isn't turned on.: The Xbox app sees my console only when the console is turned on. If I put the Xbox's IP in it doesn't find it. It used to work before but after the last app/Windows update it just doesn't work....
  10. Smartglass can't find console Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smartglass can't find console Xbox 360: for the last 2 weeks Smartglass on my android and computer won't find my Xbox 360 anymore. I've double checked that the console is enabled and even gone as far as to make a completely new gamertag...