We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error when playing Halo Infinite on PC

Discus and support We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error when playing Halo Infinite on PC in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I try to log on to Halo Infinite I'm getting an error telling me that I couldn't sign into Xbox Live with the error code (0x80070057). I've tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AidenFord7, Jan 23, 2022.

1. AidenFord7
    AidenFord7 Guest

When I try to log on to Halo Infinite I'm getting an error telling me that I couldn't sign into Xbox Live with the error code (0x80070057). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but no luck. I'm launching the game from the xbox app if that helps at all. Can I get some help on how to fix this issue?

:)

AidenFord7, Jan 23, 2022
  2. thatClarkguy Win User

(PC) We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)

No luck, I

1. Updated everything, including windows
    2. Reset the app
    3. Ran the Troubleshooter
    4. ran wsreset.exe
    None of these helped. Any ideas?
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Clark,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Man, that is truly a bummer and I'm sure that it is also equally frustrating. You may wish to attempt a clean boot of your system, then attempt to fix the Xbox app. I'm placing the links below with
    the instructions on how to do these steps and would love to hear the results.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

I also found a couple of applicable posts from our Windows forums that may additionally helpful as well:

Error code 0x80070520 when signing into Store and/or XBox Live games

error code 0x80070020

Lastly, you may wish to try deleting the Windows Store cache as that can cause the error code you're getting to pop up as well:

• Press Windows key or open Windows Start, then type
      wsreset in the search bar
    • Right-click on wsreset.exe and select Run as Administrator
    • This will clean the Windows Store cache. Make sure you don’t press anything while the command prompt is working.
    • Windows Store will open when it’s been reset and you should restart your PC.

Give these a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that these help you out!
  4. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi thatClarkguy,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a
    new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    thatClarkguy

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox support forums.

After researching online, I came across these troubleshooting steps within our community for the issue that you're describing.

[ Direct Link: Can't sign into Xbox App 0x80070520 ]

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Navigate to the following:
      • C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    3. Delete the Accounts and Cache folders.
    4. Try the Xbox app again.

Let us know if that helps!

Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi ThatClarkGuy,

Thanks for reaching out to us and responding. We appreciate your efforts and want to help as best as we can. I was looking into this issue and found that someone else had the same thing happen. They said "I redownloaded and reinstalled the Xbox
    app and the Xbox Identity provider via the windows store with a little help from the
    powershell app to sort out the Microsoft store."

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

5. Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

As for the Identity portion:

1. Copy the link provided Xbox
    Identity provider

2. When you copy and paste the link open it in Microsoft Store.

3. Install the app then launch Xbox App

4. it should ask you to sign in again completely.

I hope this helps. Let us know the results
Thema:

1. We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error when playing Halo Infinite on PC - Similar Threads - couldn't sign Live

2. "We couldn't sign you in to XBOX Live" err: 0x87DD0005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "We couldn't sign you in to XBOX Live" err: 0x87DD0005: Pulling my hair out tbh. I have bought Minecraft for Windows using the same MS account I have Office with for my family. Everything went well until I wanted to play the game I receive the error:...
  3. We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live, An illegal state change was requested - Error 0x8000000D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live, An illegal state change was requested - Error 0x8000000D: I recently added a second email to my microsoft account to consolidate everything as I didn't want to lose my old xbox profile. Since then, I've signed up for xbox games pass and attempted to sign...
  4. couldn't sign into xbox live with Dirt 5 (0x89235107)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    couldn't sign into xbox live with Dirt 5 (0x89235107): Unable to sign in xbox live with Dirt 5 when launched through the xbox app in PC. This does not happen with other games. Interestingly, the sign in xbox window is different from when I launch...
  5. Can't log in xbox pc app. We couldn't sign you in xbox live.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log in xbox pc app. We couldn't sign you in xbox live.: So i'm getting this message when i try to log in in xbox app we couldn't sign you in xbox live. I tried a few posts options but none of them did work. I unistalled the app used the power shell...
  6. "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x8015DC0B)" error when trying to launch Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x8015DC0B)" error when trying to launch Minecraft: I migrated my account in September and since then a didn't really play Minecraft. I wanted to play Minecraft but when I tried to log in this Error occurred. I read about (0x8015DC0B) error And it...
  7. "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Access denied."

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Access denied.": I can't sign into the Xbox live app or any of the companion apps with my Microsoft account. Every time I try, I get "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live. Access denied." I have tried everything...
  8. We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live: in Xbox pc app when I want to play some games or lunch them a error code appears which is 0x87DD0005 my internet is 300 MBPS and my ping is 6 to 9,i also check that Xbox all services are working...
  9. "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live": Hello, I am having some troubles signing into the xbox application on my computer. Everytime I try and log in it's the same error code and message each time. I have been researching all day...
  10. Couldn't sign to xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Couldn't sign to xbox live: It's been 3 weeks I haven't use my xbox app on pc because there's an error code keeps popping. 0x80048888 to be honest I literally tried EVERYTHING. Reading forms to watching youtube & a friend of...