"We didn't recognize this serial number" when registering Xbox Controller to Microsoft Account.

Discus and support "We didn't recognize this serial number" when registering Xbox Controller to Microsoft Account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I go to register my Xbox Controller to my Microsoft account, it says that my serial number wasn't recognized. I have inputted the serial code many... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 6ixsaeed, Jan 11, 2022.

1. 6ixsaeed
    6ixsaeed Guest

"We didn't recognize this serial number" when registering Xbox Controller to Microsoft Account.

When I go to register my Xbox Controller to my Microsoft account, it says that my serial number wasn't recognized. I have inputted the serial code many times and I am typing it correctly and it is definitely the serial number, but it just won't work. Any help is appreciated!

:)

6ixsaeed, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi 6ixsaeed! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If your controller isn’t working and needs replacing, enter the controller’s serial number at the bottom of this page. You can find the serial number inside the battery compartment, below the barcode.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. JxS Draco Win User

Devices page doesn't recognize serial number

It says "We didn't recognize this serial number" and I got the number from behind the battery and from the box the controller came in
  4. HarryBrown6 Win User

xbox elite controller series 2

Unfortunately, because i bought the elite controller on its own, i cant seem to register it. When asking where to find the serial number there is no option for the xbox elite series 1. Other people have said unless you bought the package (Which i didn't)
    there the serial number option doesn't register the serial number of the controller. the only way to register a xbox elite controller is to by the paddle package and then the serial number is accepted. Personally i don't want to have to buy something just
    to be able to see if a warranty is still active.
  5. x Born Red Win User

Elite ver.2 ghosting

For some reason, I was able to register my Series 2 under my Microsoft account when I bought it. I can go in a request a replacement from there, but not through the Xbox support site where it tells me the serial number doesn't exist.

Try logging into your Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com , register your controller under devices if you haven't, and hope it recognizes you have the extended warranty when you request a replacement
  6. MFH99 Win User

How to escalate support?

No I didn't, and now a cannot:

"We didn't recognize this serial number

Please check your serial number, then try entering it again. If you need help, go to the support page for your device"
Thema:

1. "We didn't recognize this serial number" when registering Xbox Controller to Microsoft Account. - Similar Threads - didn't recognize serial

2. I Bought The Far Cry 6 Season Pass But I Didn't Get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Bought The Far Cry 6 Season Pass But I Didn't Get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help with this problem. I Just purchased the far cry 6 season pass that was supposed to come with far cry 3 blood dragon but it didn't. I can't see...
  3. Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.: I have been trying to change my Gamertag for three days now to no avail. In total I paid twice and got refunded once (I'm going to apply for a second refund now). I contacted Microsoft through...
  4. Bought a code For Ark: Survival Evolved Explorer's Edition and didn't receive the add-ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a code For Ark: Survival Evolved Explorer's Edition and didn't receive the add-ons: I just recently purchased a code for base game and add-ons and only got the base game. I have no add-ons ready to install and no in game content to install. What can I do?...
  5. Gears 5 achievements "The Centaur Set" and "Seriously part 2" didn't unlock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 achievements "The Centaur Set" and "Seriously part 2" didn't unlock: Hello. A week ago I met the requirements to unlock "The centaur set" achievement (max level every tank classes), but the tracker shows 97% Today I met the requirements for "Seriously part 2" but...
  6. Why didn't they do this yet (Content Transfer via Ethernet Connection)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why didn't they do this yet (Content Transfer via Ethernet Connection): The ps5 can let a person transfer all their ps4 game content (game, dlc, save data, etc...) via an ethernet cable connected between the two consoles in question. While microsoft only seems to...
  7. Didn't receive operators from the Game Pass Bundle of R6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Didn't receive operators from the Game Pass Bundle of R6: I bought the base game of R6 around a year ago and have gotten most of the Y1 and Y2 operators just from playing the game, but a few I don't want to pay renoun for so when I got Game Pass I...
  8. Halo Infinite didn't uninstall properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite didn't uninstall properly: This game has a new error every time I play. Usually I can Google a fix but this time I got the arbiter.dll error and everything online said to uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled on the PC...
  9. Space being used for a game that didn't download on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Space being used for a game that didn't download on pc: When i try to download a game on my computer it will sometimes stop the download when i shut it off and when i go to redownload it, it will now have less space then i had before and don't know how...
  10. I got billed for some reason. I didn't buy anything. I want my money back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got billed for some reason. I didn't buy anything. I want my money back.: I got billed for a purchase i didn't make. I want my money back NOW. 30779f82-d263-4ac8-8d00-4f004bb9405c