We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

Discus and support We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got a Kingston HyperX Savage USB 3.1 256 GB Flash drive that just doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. Reads 350Mb/s Writes 250 MB/s, that has to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vX dioptric Xv, Oct 2, 2019.

1. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

I've got a Kingston HyperX Savage USB 3.1 256 GB Flash drive that just doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. Reads 350Mb/s Writes 250 MB/s, that has to be enough tho, right?

So the storage doesn't seem to work properly. At least not all the time. It's not that it won't work at all, it seems that for some reason the XBOX loses the connection or that the power of the I/O is to weak to power the unit. But, it's a Flash drive ...
    and it's not that slow, it's faster than the internal storage that's been shipped installed on the XBOX We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d) ;) but I dunno, just thinking as Ím writing, I'm going to stop now and let you guys point me in the right direction I guess.

Is there a fix for this or do I need to find other solutions for storage?

Need to point out that i've tried to (1)reformat USB. (2)Change different ports. (3)Reinstalled XBOX completely. (4)Only insert nothing but the 1 USB in case it was maybe a power I/O problem. (5)Rebooting with USB storage plugged in, not plugged in. Uhm,
    what else. (6)I've tried different games to see if there is anything to get from that, but it's really down to wether or not the system want to reads the storage properly or not. Because when it stops working, it's not working.

:)

vX dioptric Xv, Oct 2, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

Hey Gary,

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!
  3. CruellerMist903 Win User

OP I have that same exact drive with the same issues of the xbox one saying that the connection is too weak to use, I tried different micro-usb cables and it still hasn't yielded results. I have even sat it through the SeaTools diagnostic tools (free software
    from Seagate that can usually repair drives that have glitches) to no results, admittedly I have not tried using using the micro b 3.0 cable (the cable that the port is actually made for) so maybe that will fix the problem. Once I give it a shot I will post
    an update.

Thanks

-Pat
  4. vX dioptric Xv Win User

Flash drives can be slower than external drives and the claimed speeds are usually not what you actually get.

It may just be on the cusp which is why the xbox sometimes works with it, perhaps it would be an idea to get a different drive if possible to save the headaches.
    Thank you for your time and answer to my question. Have a great day.
  5. IRB Win User

Flash drives can be slower than external drives and the claimed speeds are usually not what you actually get.

It may just be on the cusp which is why the xbox sometimes works with it, perhaps it would be an idea to get a different drive if possible to save the headaches.
  6. GaryMusic Win User

Hi there, same problem here. Tried all suggested troubleshoots, updates, swithcing consoles, etc and still nothing. It’s
    very frustrating to have to delete 3 games just to download one new one. Hoping there will be a fix soon as this has only been happening since around the first or second update of 2018.
Thema:

1. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d) - Similar Threads - external storage connection

2. External storage detection

in XBoX Accessibility
    External storage detection: My external hard drive is only being detected sometimes, if i connect it through one of the base usb ports, it doesnt show up but, if i connect it into my usb hub, it will show up and say that”...
  3. Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic: Hello everyone, So I've been having an issue with XCOM 2/War of the Chosen where my game crashes in most loading screens, and trying to reload previous saves similarly causes the game to crash...
  4. External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.: I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this the final step to restart console completely,...
  5. Seagate 4 terabyte external storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate 4 terabyte external storage: I have be having problems with my external storage randomly disconnecting or not starting up the game to begin with it worked fine like a month ago and I’ve had this for 2 years and I have no idea...
  6. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  7. Game DVR and external storage.

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR and external storage.: Currently trying to get my head around an issue I'm having with capturing to external storage which I have tested on two 4TB drives, when the drive gets half full of recordings the game DVR stops...
  8. ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak

in XBoX on Consoles
    ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak: Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung T1 500GB SDD. I also have 3 other HDD's, however, the only other one currently used is a Sea of Thieves Edition Seagate Drive for Xbox 2TB. I also have a...
  9. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I have a 2tb Seagate external hard drive. It has worked perfectly until the last few months. The blue power light/connection light started to do one of two things either doesn't come on at all or...
  10. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I have a 2tb Seagate external hard drive. It has worked perfectly until the last few months. The blue power light/connection light started to do one of two things either doesn't come on at all or...