We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

Discus and support We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a My Book 2TB Hard drive and I've had it for about 5 years now hooked up to my xbox one. I went to play on it today and in the middle of a cut... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BethF85, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BethF85
    BethF85 Guest

We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

I have a My Book 2TB Hard drive and I've had it for about 5 years now hooked up to my xbox one. I went to play on it today and in the middle of a cut scene to the game I was playing, it died out and ever since then I have gotten the error that my signal
    is too weak.

I have tried doing a soft reset, power cycle and even a hard reboot. This issue has come up before and I've always gotten it to come back up without a problem until now.

:)

BethF85, Jan 19, 2020
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Gary,

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!
  3. CruellerMist903 Win User

OP I have that same exact drive with the same issues of the xbox one saying that the connection is too weak to use, I tried different micro-usb cables and it still hasn't yielded results. I have even sat it through the SeaTools diagnostic tools (free software
    from Seagate that can usually repair drives that have glitches) to no results, admittedly I have not tried using using the micro b 3.0 cable (the cable that the port is actually made for) so maybe that will fix the problem. Once I give it a shot I will post
    an update.

Thanks

-Pat
  4. vX dioptric Xv Win User

Flash drives can be slower than external drives and the claimed speeds are usually not what you actually get.

It may just be on the cusp which is why the xbox sometimes works with it, perhaps it would be an idea to get a different drive if possible to save the headaches.
    Thank you for your time and answer to my question. Have a great day.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

ive had that twice in the past, one time was caused by the hdd enclosure being a cheap usb 3.0 enclosure and not worth the time and the other time was due to the usb 3.0 cable being dodgy.
  6. lllWormWoodlll Win User

I see it's connected with the cable I'm sure you've already tried but make sure you switch out the cable to see if that's the problem.. you say this is happened before and you've been able to fix it, it may be your hard drive going up..
Thema:

1. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d) - Similar Threads - external storage connection

2. External storage message keeps popping up

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage message keeps popping up: Quite often my storage keeps on popping up with a message saying external storage ready, when im playing on a game that is located on the storage and this happens, i get kicked out of the game,...
  3. Xbox One External Hardware Storage Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One External Hardware Storage Problems: Hello, I recently ran out of space on my Xbox one. I found a 1TB USB 3.0 external hardware. Upon plugging it into my Xbox One, it prompted the format of this device. I clicked it and chose games...
  4. Xbox series x external HDD storage connecting and disconnecting with multiple storage ready...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x external HDD storage connecting and disconnecting with multiple storage ready...: On series x since latest skip ahead build my external drive is connecting and disconnecting several times with the storage ready notification happening over and over until i unplug the drive and...
  5. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I've connected my external hard drive to my Xbox One but I get a warning come up saying that the connection is too weak and to try another usb port or cable. I have tried this but nothing has...
  6. My external storage device is not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device is not connecting: [img] [img] I have check every thang. usb ports and if it die and it runs fine it just don’t want to connect it did this ones be for and i had to reformate it and xbox is up to date. I payed...
  7. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I've got a Kingston HyperX Savage USB 3.1 256 GB Flash drive that just doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. Reads 350Mb/s Writes 250 MB/s, that has to be enough tho, right? So the storage doesn't...
  8. ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak

in XBoX on Consoles
    ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak: Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung T1 500GB SDD. I also have 3 other HDD's, however, the only other one currently used is a Sea of Thieves Edition Seagate Drive for Xbox 2TB. I also have a...
  9. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I have a 2tb Seagate external hard drive. It has worked perfectly until the last few months. The blue power light/connection light started to do one of two things either doesn't come on at all or...
  10. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I have a 2tb Seagate external hard drive. It has worked perfectly until the last few months. The blue power light/connection light started to do one of two things either doesn't come on at all or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we see your external storage but the connection is too weak to use