We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X.

Discus and support We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know about you, but I bought my Xbox One X to have the best gaming experience possible. I don't own a 4K TV, but I was hoping to benefit from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZombieOrbit44, May 14, 2019.

1. We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X.

I don't know about you, but I bought my Xbox One X to have the best gaming experience possible. I don't own a 4K TV, but I was hoping to benefit from the upgrades to have better framerates. However, it seems that the content downloaded in the 4K updates
    seem to take most of the processing power. I propose that Xbox One X owners should be able to disable 4k content downloading so that they can save hard drive space and maintain better framerates in games. It can also solve problems that some of these 4K updates
    bring to the table. Have you played Skyrim on an Xbox One X? With the 4K update, the game is more unstable and has a weird shadow/textures bug going on in the bottom right corner of the screen when playing.

:)

ZombieOrbit44, May 14, 2019
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X.

I think the whole point of the X was 4k.
    It's not. It's about the most power, and the best experience. You don't need a 4K panel to get the benefits of X.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

There is a misconception of what 4K content actually means here on these forums. I can understand that, most of you are console only gamers and are not technically minded.

A 4K update doesn't always mean you get new graphics. In most games, these updates simply instruct the console to run an updated game in a
    higher resolution when run on the One X. Skyrim does this, there are no new graphics in the Xbox One X version.

This is especially true for Enhanced Xbox 360 software. Take the game Ninja Gaiden II - recently updated for the X - for example. When it ran on the Xbox 360 console, its resolution was a rather low 1120x585 and it still runs at this resolution on the original
    Xbox One and the One S. But play this game enhanced on the Xbox One X and the game now renders at 3360x1755, a 9x increase over the original version.

Digital Foundry Ninja Gaiden II

Also, 4K updates only apply to older software released before the Xbox One X was released, and then later 'Enhanced'. All new games, be they on disc or digital download
    will already have the necessary files to run 'Enhanced' on the Xbox One X hardware. They don't get 4K updates.

I would also like to point out, as a technical person, this isn't my opinion on the matter, it's fact.

It's up to developers in what state their games are released in, not Microsoft.
  4. XA_Triumvirate00 Win User

I completely agree, but at the same time, I'm thankful it auto updates. If it didn't, there would be a lingering question in my head of "what would this look like with the enhanced graphics?", so in all, it's better to just have it out of the way early
    in my opinion.
  5. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

To me not from anxiety problems in some games I can decide whether to have more graphics and less FPS or the contrary
  6. H3PA80R Win User

I don't have any issues with the performance of the One X. If you are in the insider programm you could report any issue. Also you could go to https://xboxideas.uservoice.com
Thema:

1. We should be able to choose whether or not to install 4K game content on Xbox One X. - Similar Threads - should able choose

2. Games bought on the Xbox 360 Should be able to get for free on the Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games bought on the Xbox 360 Should be able to get for free on the Xbox one: All games you have bought on the Xbox 360 should be free on the Xbox One because buying the same game on a different console but made by the same company is just a waste of money that could be...
  3. Everyone Should be able to play Battle Royale without Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everyone Should be able to play Battle Royale without Xbox Live: As you do not need PlayStation Plus to play Battle Royale I think it should be the same on the Xbox platform. Bill’s the richest in the world anyway what more does he need ???...
  4. Every game i buy on my xbox i should be able to easily get on my PC as well.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every game i buy on my xbox i should be able to easily get on my PC as well.: Why should i have to pay for a game 2 times if i want it on both depending on who i play with that night after all its not my fault its not cross platform so i can just play on my pc on all games...
  5. Should be able to trade or transfer tickets to coins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should be able to trade or transfer tickets to coins: I have 29,000 tickets, can't give them away or trade them for coins. I would like to transfer 25,000 into coins. Lightestcrab40 5bc66721-6b5c-4ba7-a492-3480763d06d9
  6. You should be able to defend yourself before having your account suspended

in XBoX on Consoles
    You should be able to defend yourself before having your account suspended: I think it is unfair that my account got suspended without any proof of what I did wrong. You should be notified that you are about to be suspended, and then shown why you are about to be...
  7. We should be able to file a case review for communication suspensions

in XBoX on Consoles
    We should be able to file a case review for communication suspensions: I'll admit it, it wasn't nice of me to send "f*** you" to the person that killed me. However, I feel like it is slightly justified considering they intentionally team killed myself and squadmate...
  8. Doesn't anyone else think that we should be able to delete achievements

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doesn't anyone else think that we should be able to delete achievements: So, I have been playing Xbox for a while, and over that time, I have acquired some achievements I would happily delete from my account. But I can't! Doesn't anyone else think that we should be...
  9. I think we should be able to change our gamer tags for free

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think we should be able to change our gamer tags for free: I think we should be able to change our gamer tags for free df6ce6a6-a066-4e7b-9544-c002f3780c3e
  10. Xbox 360 Controller should be able to be used on the Xbox One directly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Controller should be able to be used on the Xbox One directly: Recently, I have had an incident involving me not able to use my Xbone controllers, and I figured I could just use my wired 360 controller by plugging it in the back. Unfortunately, it didn't work...