Weird Microphone Issue?!

Discus and support Weird Microphone Issue?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m having some trouble with the microphone on my official Microsoft XBox headset. I can hear friends (and others) talking via the single-sided... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AudemarsPiguet, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Weird Microphone Issue?!

I’m having some trouble with the microphone on my official Microsoft XBox headset. I can hear friends (and others) talking via the single-sided earpiece, but no one can hear my voice. I can confirm that I have not muted the microphone on the headset itself,
    nor on the XBox. In a party chat, the circle surrounding my profile picture flashes a few times when I connect the headset, but does not flash when I speak ...

I first experienced the issue on my XBox One 500GB. I eliminated a few steps by trying a different controller, updating the firmware of the controller, bought a new Microsoft headset and checked all my audio/privacy settings. Nothing.

I’ve now upgraded to the Series X and thought, “problem solved!”. I was somewhat surprised to find the problem has followed me across consoles! I’m wondering if it’s XBL profile related? I cannot find anything within the controller options, audio options
    and my privacy is pretty much fully allow/open! The controller does recognise that the headset is connected. I can’t see anywhere to test the microphone though?

So ... I can hear friends via the headset on the Series X, but much like when I had a XBox One 500GB, I can’t talk to them. Same issue with two Microsoft headsets, one of which is brand new.

The functionality was working in March, as I used the headset to chat with friends!

Any help is hugely appreciated!

Cheers!

Chris

:)

AudemarsPiguet, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Winryy Win User

Micro sur manette fusion pro[Microphone on pro fusion controller]

C'est bizarre, il n'y pas d'onglet pour régler la sensibilité du micro ?

[Translation - It's weird, there is no tab to adjust the sensitivity of the microphone?]
  3. Jomari Arc Win User

Microphone has a weird noise according to my friends

Thank you for your reply. May we know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?
  4. Jomari Arc Win User

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Xbox App to make weird noise from your microphone when joining a party. Here are steps on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Let us know how it turns out.
  5. Supreme Jogan Win User

I'm not the guy who posted this, but I've tried everything, including deleting the temporary files, run the troubleshoot, etc.

Are you going to fix this problem or what? It's been almost 2 weeks with it and it can not be solved, unveliavable.
  6. BiohazardBR Win User

Astro headset

I bought a pair of Astro A50's, but they won't connect. I've tried contacting them, but they don't know why it won't work. They suggested contacting xbox, so here I am. The audio works but the microphone won't detect no matter what I do.
    That's weird, the problem it's with the xbox or you have problem on pc too?
Thema:

Weird Microphone Issue?!

1. Weird Microphone Issue?! - Similar Threads - Weird Microphone Issue

2. Xbox One having weird graphical issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One having weird graphical issues: I have had this Xbox for about 5 years now and it only recently started to do this. I have tried all of the basic things such as power cycling, unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable, and...
  3. Controller acting weird

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller acting weird: My controller taking double inputs i press the direction key once and it inputs twich also my right analog stick random has the up input 63cf1705-bd5c-4c70-94f6-99700e615c75
  4. Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update: I don't have an Xbox but I use a Series X controller on Windows, and ever since I updated it the L2 and R2 triggers haven't been working right in games but when I test them out in Xbox Accessories...
  5. When turning on series s i hear a weird noise and then it stops.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When turning on series s i hear a weird noise and then it stops.: Hello, when i turn on my series s it makes a noise then, when the fan starts moving it stops, i wanna be sure if its normal, its the reason im here. 573c69fb-d2e7-454b-9785-2ca5d83b1fac
  6. My Xbox makes a weird noise when I put black ops 2 in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox makes a weird noise when I put black ops 2 in: Hi I have a question of how I could fix this. My Xbox is make this weird noise and won’t play my disc it just like it gets stuck but when I put in a different disc it’s fine so is there a way I...
  7. Forza Horizon 5, my game is acting weird.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5, my game is acting weird.: Hello! My Forza horizon, since the last update is acting really weird when I join my friends convoy or when they join me. (I am on PC and they are on XBOX) In specific, I can't see them on the...
  8. X box makes weird noise

in XBoX on Windows
    X box makes weird noise: Hello I have a x box one x and every time I put a game in it makes a strange noise I looked it up and got nothing but I know for sure that it’s the disc drive but definitely not the grinding sound...
  9. So um my Xbox one is having some weird issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    So um my Xbox one is having some weird issues.: So um my Xbox one is having some weird issues and I had already changed the controller but the Xbox console keeps not allowing me to select apps. It's just like lagging and not allowing me to...
  10. Microphone has a weird noise according to my friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microphone has a weird noise according to my friends: The xbox app is broke as its nothing to do with my microphone as it works on discord but soon as i join a party on the xbox app there is a really loud noise for other people, sounds like a...