Weird slow (500kb/s) download issue

Discus and support Weird slow (500kb/s) download issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a weird issue, which does not appear to be a network issue at my end, giving me slow download speeds on the One. I'll run through the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Guntrigger, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Guntrigger
    Guntrigger Guest

Hi,

I have a weird issue, which does not appear to be a network issue at my end, giving me slow download speeds on the One. I'll run through the sequence of events:

Started downloading Warframe, left it for a half hour or so until I realised it was only at 11% (which seemed slower than usual), went to check bandwidth usage in settings > network and see that it's running at 500kb/s.

I realise that this is weird (as I normally get 3-4mb/s) so do a speed test on my PC and try downloading a file. It's running at a solid 30 meg and I get 3.5mb/s download speed.

So I power cycle my Xbox One (holding the power button on the box for a proper power off) and when it comes back on I have a solid 3.5mb/s. I put this down to it needing a good power cycle and leave it downloading the rest of Warframe.

I come back to it 20-30 minutes later and it's 65% downloaded Warframe but it's back to 500kb/s!! Power cycling it again got it straight up to 3.5mb/s again and until the download finished but thus seems like very unusual behaviour to me.

My question really is to ask if there's any kind of download speed cap on Xbox Live, perhaps only at busy times or after downloading a certain amount (seemingly about 3-4gig)? Also just to see if anyone else has noticed anything like this.

It's certainly not my Internet playing up and there no wireless interference, as the router is pretty much touching the One. Besides, this wouldn't explain the steadiness of the drop in speed. Seems suspiciously server side to me.

:)

Guntrigger, Sep 2, 2014
  2. OchoMilla
    OchoMilla Guest
    Online installs/ game updates at god awful speeds...

I have the same issue.. it seems like it's always been slow to download or install anything even though my Internet is 35mbs. Everything I download is around100-500kbs. I checked on my pc also and it's fine on there so I'm guessing it's something to do with
    the servers not allowing us to do download at our real speeds?

OchoMilla, Sep 2, 2014
  3. Is this fast enough internet speed for xbox 360 gameing?

If that is 5MB/s and 500KB/s then yes that is more than enough. Mb is Megabit and MB is Megabyte difference being there is 8 bits to a byte. 5mb/s is 625KB/s and 500Kb/s is 62KB/s. Which is still more than enough for 360 multiplayer gaming. You're good either
    way.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Sep 2, 2014
  4. TheBrain1976
    TheBrain1976 Guest

Actually I have had similar Problems every once in a while, especially with wireless Connections. All devices seem to work just not the xbox one. I usually unplugged the one, the router and then did a wired LAN Connection and it worked. I dont think ist
    an xbox error, probably a router Problem/compatibility issue.

TheBrain1976, Sep 3, 2014
  5. TheBrain1976 Win User

Actually I have had similar Problems every once in a while, especially with wireless Connections. All devices seem to work just not the xbox one. I usually unplugged the one, the router and then did a wired LAN Connection and it worked. I dont think ist
    an xbox error, probably a router Problem/compatibility issue.
  6. OchoMilla Win User

Online installs/ game updates at god awful speeds...

I have the same issue.. it seems like it's always been slow to download or install anything even though my Internet is 35mbs. Everything I download is around100-500kbs. I checked on my pc also and it's fine on there so I'm guessing it's something to do with
    the servers not allowing us to do download at our real speeds?
  7. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Is this fast enough internet speed for xbox 360 gameing?

If that is 5MB/s and 500KB/s then yes that is more than enough. Mb is Megabit and MB is Megabyte difference being there is 8 bits to a byte. 5mb/s is 625KB/s and 500Kb/s is 62KB/s. Which is still more than enough for 360 multiplayer gaming. You're good either
    way.
  8. Don1190 Win User

Fix for the horrendous Download Speed for Xbox Game Pass Beta!

did not work for me. was happy to see the toggle set to "on"

but download speeds are still 2,2MB/S -> 1,1MB/S ->500KB/S -> 0 B/S -> 2,2MB/S and so on instead of 12MB/S which is full speed with my 100k cable connection. steam, uplay, hell even origin are able to deliver enough bandwith for full speed downloads but
    MS on PC and xbox and sony on PS, man they didn't do their freaggin' homework at all.
  9. OSUBuckeyes Win User

Party Error

Thanks for the reply, i will try all the steps listed from this forum and hopefully figure out what the issue is. The reason i switched from wifi to hotspot is the wifi i am provided is embarrassingly slow, to give you an idea of certain speeds my hotspot
    usually averages 10-30mb/s for downloads and such, my wifi used to do 500kb/s before i switched. So even if i can connect to the wifi instead, the quality of play is so low its almost unplayable. Im hoping i can find a way to continue to use the hot spot as
    the speeds aren't even comparable. Again thanks for the advice tho, i will try your steps later today.
Thema:

1. Weird slow (500kb/s) download issue - Similar Threads - Weird slow 500kb

2. Brand new Xbox one S weird ticking noise when fully powered off but still plugged in to socket

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one S weird ticking noise when fully powered off but still plugged in to socket: Hello, my new xbox (first time plugged in) is giving weird ticking noise when powered off (power-saving mode). It gives noise when plugged in to mains socket and extension sockets. My socket is...
  3. Tried console streaming it worked but now my xbox one x is acting weird

in XboX Insiders
    Tried console streaming it worked but now my xbox one x is acting weird: So the console is getting stuck on simple tasks to the point that I have to force restart, then it gets stuck again in a black screen after the Xbox logo with the green background. I have to force...
  4. Weird Xbox chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Xbox chat issues: For the past couple months my headset chat only worked on rare occasions..When i enter a party my voice isn't recognized and i can't hear anyone either...Game chat also doesn't work. Ive been...
  5. Controller being weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller being weird: So basically i just bought this controller a couple months ago, and recently there has been really bad controller drift, but in every button and stick. Just pressing A makes it press multiple...
  6. Weird overlay bug in party chat. Can really build up on the screen as seen below.

in XboX Insiders
    Weird overlay bug in party chat. Can really build up on the screen as seen below.: [IMG] submitted by /u/sigmundslim [link] [comments]
  7. Weird 0/0 achievements in xbox profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird 0/0 achievements in xbox profile: Hi. Just saw weird achievements on my xbox profile. I played these games on steam, but somehow they added to my xbox profile. Does this xbox (beta) application do this? Or DVR? [img] What...
  8. Profile picture is acting weird

in XBoX on Windows
    Profile picture is acting weird: A few days ago I wanted to change my profile picture, It was approved and everything but it could be only seen by others, what I mean is that If I go to my profile I see the old one and if I go to...
  9. Weird thing just happened with my dashboard...

in XboX Insiders
    Weird thing just happened with my dashboard...: So weird thing just happened with my dashboard... I'm in Alpha skip ahead... I got the new dashboard a bit ago... Went to bed, woke up and now i am back on the old dashboard? Checked the notes...
  10. xbox acting weird does respond slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox acting weird does respond slow: hello , there i got a question about my controller since yesterday my controller act's weird and slow i din't drop it it just happens is there a way to fix it or is it bcs its getting old can some...