Weird Xbox one S noise while on standby

Discus and support Weird Xbox one S noise while on standby in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox One S is making bursts of quiet constant repetitive beeps while on standby and only stops when I unplug it. Is this normal?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fsam2, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Fsam2
    Fsam2 Guest

My Xbox One S is making bursts of quiet constant repetitive beeps while on standby and only stops when I unplug it. Is this normal?

:)

Fsam2, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Hard drive issue is the first thing that came to mind for me.

Had something similar with my xbox one s last year,the beeping,& that was down to the hard drive.

You could try a factory reset but if that doesn't work then as the others have said,you would need to send it off for repair.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

My Xbox One S is making bursts of quiet constant repetitive beeps while on standby and only stops when I unplug it. Is this normal?
    Have you done a hard restart
  4. ArminatorX Win User

If you have your console in instant on mode, the console often downloads game updates and system updates during the standby time.

Depending on what the console is doing, it can power up several devices like the internal hard drive, external USB hard drives, the BluRay drive etc.

These devices can make a beep-like sound when spinning up, or moving the laser head of the BluRay drive.

If you could make a video/audio recording and put it up on YouTube, showing what sound your console makes, we could help better.

Or check if the sound still happens, when you keep the console plugged in, but put the console to power saving mode in the energy settings.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

How long has it been making this noise? I wonder if you clear the vents and make sure it's got good ventilation, unplug it for a while, and then plug it back in and try again, if it makes any difference? If not, no it sounds like it's struggling with an
    internal problem and you might have to send it in for evaluation/repair. How long have you had the Xbox, and is it under Warranty?
  6. iiDeviLxX Win User

sounds like some capacitors in hardware, does it still occur when u trun on xbox ?
Thema:

1. Weird Xbox one S noise while on standby - Similar Threads - Weird noise while

2. Brand new Xbox one S weird ticking noise when fully powered off but still plugged in to socket

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one S weird ticking noise when fully powered off but still plugged in to socket: Hello, my new xbox (first time plugged in) is giving weird ticking noise when powered off (power-saving mode). It gives noise when plugged in to mains socket and extension sockets. My socket is...
  3. Xbox one s digital weird noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s digital weird noise: Help me identify it. I uploaded video https://youtu.be/Hd1n6yd42Uo 80607b31-b9c4-42c5-9de5-c670bb97a7e1
  4. Weird Clicking Noises Caused By The Fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Clicking Noises Caused By The Fan?: Hi everyone, I recently bought and Xbox One S 1TB and I am experiencing some troubles I believe with the fan. First of all the xbox is producing a loud clicking sound even when no game is...
  5. Xbox one S fan weird chirping noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S fan weird chirping noise?: Hello all lately I have been having this weird chirping noise coming from my xbox one fan. Thing is during the morning I don't hear it, in the after noon I don't hear it but then at nighttime I...
  6. Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes...: Xbox 1 X does start up noise but it does not do anything, it makes weird noises then closes itself. My cousin had the same problem. cb2101ec-8861-4ea5-b3f6-4ae352f87917
  7. Xbox One X making weird buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X making weird buzzing noise: My One X has been making an odd buzzing/whirring noise on the right side when playing games. I'll attach the video to watch, raise your volume up but depending on how loud you go it may sound...
  8. Weird noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird noises: I need hepl, my console is making weird noises in the power center and don´t turn on 60124fe3-a3f2-45d5-aee1-3fc0fdb246e4
  9. Weird noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird noises: I need hepl, my console is making weird noises in the power center and don´t turn on 60124fe3-a3f2-45d5-aee1-3fc0fdb246e4
  10. Navigating home on xbox one, weird noises??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Navigating home on xbox one, weird noises??: I was curious if anyone has experienced their xbox making odd noises? For example, when i’m navigating around home like clicking on my games, apps or even accepting invites the sound it makes is...