Well, I don't why I can't change my Gamertag.

Discus and support Well, I don't why I can't change my Gamertag. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there ! I don't know how to contact the support by mail, so... Here I am ! I never, ever, changed my Gamertag, since I was playing on my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KarmaCedric, Feb 9, 2019.

1. KarmaCedric
    KarmaCedric Guest

Hi there !

I don't know how to contact the support by mail, so... Here I am !

I never, ever, changed my Gamertag, since I was playing on my Xbox years ago.

It's said that you can change it for free if you didn't choose it. At least, that's my case I think. The one I wanted years ago was taken, Xbox tell me to take the actual one. I kept it for many times, now I'm back because of SoT, but my gamertag feel a
    bit oldy too me.

So, why is the Windows charging me 10 bucks now ? Should I not be able to change it for free ?

And how do I contact the support ?

:)

KarmaCedric, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

The free gamertag change is only available if you were given a randomly generated tag when you created your account and are changing that tag for the first time. If you have one you chose, then you have technically already used your free change and would
    have to pay to change it.

You can go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us to contact support, but they wouldn't be able to bypass the fee.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Your tag has to be a system assigned tag. If that is your gamertag it doesn't appear to be a system assigned tag.
  4. Rare Squared Win User

Good afternoon,

You can go through the Xbox Support
    here
    . They also have phone numbers to call in case you want to talk to a representative.

I hope this helps,

-
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Karma,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with changing the Gamertag on your account. Take a moment to review the article:

How to change your Xbox gamertag

I recommend to
    contact Customer Support for
    further assistance.

Try this:

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • A new window will pop up
    • Type in contact Support - you will receive different options, such as:
      • Message with an Xbox Gamer
      • Call me back
      • Ask the Community

Hope this helps.
  6. Spazpol Win User

Hi there !

I don't know how to contact the support by mail, so... Here I am !

I never, ever, changed my Gamertag, since I was playing on my Xbox years ago.

It's said that you can change it for free if you didn't choose it. At least, that's my case I think. The one I wanted years ago was taken, Xbox tell me to take the actual one. I kept it for many times, now I'm back because of SoT, but my gamertag feel a
    bit oldy too me.

So, why is the Windows charging me 10 bucks now ? Should I not be able to change it for free ?

And how do I contact the support ?
    I guess the question when you originally made you tag, did you enter in a gamertag even though your preferred one was taken? While you do have the ability to change your gamertag once at no charge, that is only if the gamertag you have was one that was
    a generic one provided at the time of creation. Depending how old your gamertag is, you may have created it before that system was implemented meaning you do not have an option to change your tag for free. In that case that price you see is the standard
    cost if you wish to change you Gamertag.
Thema:

1. Well, I don't why I can't change my Gamertag. - Similar Threads - don't why can't

2. I pre ordered cyberpunk2077 but it got canceled and I don't know how or why .

in XBoX on Consoles
    I pre ordered cyberpunk2077 but it got canceled and I don't know how or why .: In june 9th i preorderd cyberpunk2077 n it got canceld . Id like to find out how and why it did 24529f20-c821-4f2e-a12c-e58fc241deb7
  3. ¿Porqué no me dan el logro de "the end"? [Why don't you give me the achievement of "the end"?]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ¿Porqué no me dan el logro de "the end"? [Why don't you give me the achievement of "the end"?]: Cuando fua al end en maicraft no me dieron ni el logro por entrar (¿ the end?) y el logro por matar a la dragona?.y sí , los logros estan actibados y en el mundo de relpaldo volvi a entrar al end...
  4. I don't know why I can't still play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't know why I can't still play multiplayer: I have multiplayer ALLOWED but I can't still play multiplayer on minecraft why? b195f43f-5c0e-43ae-837a-95e054d1ed3d
  5. Could you please fix this? I don't understand why this should be inappropriate. I don't...

in XboX Insiders
    Could you please fix this? I don't understand why this should be inappropriate. I don't...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Saimondek [link] [comments]
  6. I can't message my friends and I don't know why!

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't message my friends and I don't know why!: I kept trying to text my friends on the Xbox app on my computer but it won't work! It keeps bringing me to this site Why can’t I send messages from my Xbox One or the Xbox app? But I don't have a...
  7. If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...: I distinctly recall Microsoft adamantly stating that Xbox One's did not need to be connected to the internet in order to play retail games. But, having experienced this for the past eight hours of...
  8. I can't send any messages on my Xbox one and I don't know why.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't send any messages on my Xbox one and I don't know why.: Every time I try to send a message from my Xbox one it says "Cannot send message", I tried to fix it by doing what it told me to do but it still won't work. Help? d88c22b9-0fd6-4e30-bd99-7016b4e58dbc
  9. Why don't we get our points! Why can't we talk to someone that can Help!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't we get our points! Why can't we talk to someone that can Help!!!: Me or my wife will be posting everyday until you give us our points! We shouldn't have to wait for our points. why can't we talk to someone. Didn't know that you guys messed up the rewards and...
  10. I don't know why I can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know why I can't play my games: so, I've had my Xbox one s for about 3 months now, with no problems. I have recently though but an external hard drive for it, as well as updated the console and downloaded dlc for fallout 4. Now,...