went back to set up update issues

Discus and support went back to set up update issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; MY brothers who has down syndrome' his xbox one was working great on Wednesday night but when I went to start up his xbox one the next day it some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MCDONALD JoshuaMcDonald, Sep 13, 2019.

1. went back to set up update issues

MY brothers who has down syndrome' his xbox one was working great on Wednesday night but when I went to start up his xbox one the next day it some reason went back to the setting up your xbox one. it went through the first 2 parts but when it got to updating
    it said there is something went wrong with the update. I been trying for a week now and tried everything it says to do online. I even called Microsoft and they said for me to get a new console but I believe it is not the console. can anyone help me figure
    out what happen and what else I can do? PLEASE HELP ME.

:)

MCDONALD JoshuaMcDonald, Sep 13, 2019
  2. MCDONALD JoshuaMcDon Win User

that wasn't even a choice for that. but I will try again later thanks for your help.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for updating us with your replies. I've had a few issues with updates on myself in the past, so I can fully understand the urgency and frustration you must be feeling in trying to resolve this as soon as possible to help out your brother. Getting
    a message regarding the update not completing can be rough. Did you happen to receive any error codes beginning with the letter "E" by any chance? If so, then you'll want to troubleshoot using our
    Xbox One Startup Error Solution. It will give you the troubleshooting steps to try based on the
    error code you got to take you step by step to get everything back up and running.

If you didn't see any error codes/messages, then I would also advise trying a soft factory reset (leaving games & apps installed) as my fellow XBF member has already done. No worries if you don't see the option immediately. You can bring up the
    Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to make that selection by doing the following:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console or on the left side of an original Xbox One) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If you're able to complete the factory reset, but still get update errors, then I would further recommend trying an offline system update to get it installed correctly. You can find the instructions to do this based on what type of Xbox One console you have
    in our Xbox One System Update Solution, but be aware you'll need a USB flash drive with minimum 6Gb and access to a Windows 10 PC.

Give the solutions a try when you can and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out a bit more!
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    MCDONALD JoshuaMcDonald

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support. I'm sorry to hear about the console update issues that your brother is experiencing. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]
    Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will
    reset the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up. Hope this helps!

Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. MCDONALD JoshuaMcDon Win User

I have tried that many times on my brothers xbox one but it didn't work. but thank you for your help.
  6. Exodus Scalpel Win User

A hard reset could help maybe.

Hold down the power button until the console shuts down.

Unplug the power brick for 5 min and plug it back in.

That might solve the problem
Thema:

1. went back to set up update issues - Similar Threads - went set update

2. How do I contact Microsoft about a refund that went completely wrong?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I contact Microsoft about a refund that went completely wrong?: I bought 2 12.99 virtual packs for brawlhalla little did I know it’s really the same style of fighting as other characters and they were just skins honestly. So then they refunded one canceled the...
  3. My account got and and I got a email that the transfer was completed but when I went on my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account got and and I got a email that the transfer was completed but when I went on my...: Got a email saying that my transfer was complete but nothing switch over to my mew account f83181b6-98fb-44b4-8c4c-17f1967b48bd
  4. Sorry something went wrong. Give it another try or try on xbox.com. MCPE

in XBoX on Mobile
    Sorry something went wrong. Give it another try or try on xbox.com. MCPE: <p>I just got Mcpe and when I press sign in it first says something wentirely wrong, then the second time it loads green screen. The green loading screen then says something went wrong. Give it...
  5. my xbox went blank on me im going insane

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox went blank on me im going insane: my xbox for the pass 2 days has been stuck on a black screen then a white screen then a green screen than back to a black screen screen the only difference that happens is my controller can turn...
  6. My ready to install games went from 180 ish to 19 overnight. I did not change any settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My ready to install games went from 180 ish to 19 overnight. I did not change any settings...: I turned on my xbox to download a game on my ready to install list but it wasnt there along with 100+ other games that i had gotten over the years. How do i get them back?...
  7. Windows 10 Game DVR - Something went wrong. Unable to change settings. Please try again ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Game DVR - Something went wrong. Unable to change settings. Please try again ...: Getting this error when I try to record Trove through Steam. I've been able to record Trove before - not sure what's going on. Tried a few fixes out there but nothing seemed to work (directory...
  8. Network Settings: "Something went wrong"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Settings: "Something went wrong": I will say this now: my Xbox One is offline. Anyway, I try to connect to to my network, but everytime I try to open my network settings on my console, it says "Something went wrong" I can't...
  9. When I go into be network settings it says Somethjng went wrong and I can't connect to my wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go into be network settings it says Somethjng went wrong and I can't connect to my wifi: [img] 84ed4a4d-5b0c-4763-8022-0d5091f4235a
  10. i cannot access my settings at all , every time i click on it , it tells me something went ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot access my settings at all , every time i click on it , it tells me something went ...: i cant access my settings at all so anything that includes going to the settings i cannot do because it will not let me continue and then tells me something went wrong and to enter 0x80073d0f ,...