We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

Discus and support We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xbox-Insider, Jun 14, 2019.

1. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more choice in how they represent themselves. We are updating gamertags to a 12-character maximum, Unicode-based name of your choice with an auto-generated suffix. We now offer 11 different alphabets for gamers, which support over 200 languages worldwide.

Existing gamertags will remain unchanged with no suffix and no action required unless the player wants to make a change.

New Xbox players, or players who want to change, can register a gamertag of their choice up to 12 characters. If it’s already taken by someone else, we will assign a suffix with numbers to differentiate you from other people with the same name. Where it’s displayed, we will also auto-format the gamertag to show the suffix in a more subtle, different font so that focus will be on the name you chose when the suffix is shown.

We’d like your feedback on the expanded features and anything you’d still like to see changed with Xbox gamertags, and here’s some notes to keep in mind as part of the discussion:

• Please read this FAQ for more details of the gamertag changes we’re making.
    • No one can claim your existing gamertag, you will continue to show in the same way that you do now going forward.
    • Updated gamertags are not available on the Xbox One console yet, but will be before the end of this year, they will show up first in the new Xbox PC app and in Game Bar on Windows 10 PCs (Win+G).
    • It will take time for games to start support the gamertag changes, a few games might support updated gamertags this year, but most games won’t support them until sometime in 2020.
    • We won’t be exceeding the 12 character limit, though gamertags can be shorter.
    • The updates to gamertags won’t allow users to change their gamertag constantly to avoid being found, users get a free change but after that they must still pay to change their gamertag.
    • We’re open to more ideas and would love to hear your feedback about this new change. Please let us know of anything you’d like to see that’s not part of today’s gamertag updates!

We can’t promise to deliver on all of the good ideas you may have, but your input is invaluable to help us to find new scenarios and prioritize what we work on. So tell us what you think, and share your ideas for changes you’d like to see in the future!

Have other ideas you want to share with Xbox? Visit the Xbox Idea Hub and Xbox Requests to share your voice.

submitted by /u/Xbox-Insider
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xbox-Insider, Jun 14, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - Language

What language are you wanting support for? Most content will default to the official language of the country that it is purchased from. For example, if you live in Germany but have your gamertag set for US the game will default to English language.

However, if you would like to request a refund you will need to contact phone support for more assistance.
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Have been trying to make this gamertag that reset in 2016 for years and it still won't let me create.

If you cant use the word in your bio or any thing it is likely a forbidden word on the system and using it as a gamertag would result in a forced name change eventually. Perhaps tell us what the gamertag you want is and we maybe able to help more
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Gamertag

The Gamertag naming has been changed to something similar to what Discord does.

If you want to get an "OG" Gamertag (i.e. a Gamertag with no "Xx" or numbers or whatever), simply choose the name you want.

If the name already exists, a number gets appended to make it unique.

So if you want to have for example "Joe" as your Gamertag, and it already exists, an "invisible" number gets appended.

So while the Xbox simply shows "Joe", in reality your Gamertag is stored as "Joe#7411" for example.
  5. Grimlocke Prime Win User

Wireless headset, wall mount for the kinect, wall mounted charge station for controllers?

First, there is a set of updates coming on February 11th. Along with some general information regarding updates to assist with app creation as well as stability updates and Kinect improvements, several items were detailed that readers here will be happy
    to see.

-The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve
    separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

-The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.

-And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.In addition to that update, there is another updated schedule to land on March 4th, in anticipation of Titanfall. Once again, details are rather scarce, but Microsoft has promised the update
    will include "many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems."

Microsoft promised that further details about these updates, and further planned improvements, will be revealed in the near future.
  6. VANDAL1ZED Win User

Name, Location, Bio Missing?

Well I have never gotten this problem before but I would like to help you. To be more clear, what did you write on your Location, Bio and Name? Did you put any symbols on your profile's bio that was from another Language?
Thema:

We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

1. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What... - Similar Threads - We’ve updated gamertags

2. August 16th : New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190814-1910)

in XboX Insiders
    August 16th : New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190814-1910): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  3. August 16th : New Preview Alpha Ring 1910 Update (1910.190814-1910)

in XboX Insiders
    August 16th : New Preview Alpha Ring 1910 Update (1910.190814-1910): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  4. My xbox updates so slow. Is it because i am using a hitspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox updates so slow. Is it because i am using a hitspot?: I am trying to update my xbox and to do so i am using my hotspot on my phone. I have very good reception, it is 4g. How come when i update it it goes up like 3 percent every hour. Is it because of...
  5. Xbox sound issue after update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox sound issue after update: Xbox updated after I left this morning, was good before i left but now my sound is all distorted. Sound is normal when the xbox logo first appears but once it hits the home screen my audio makes a...
  6. New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update not on my Current console only on my old one

in XboX Insiders
    New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update not on my Current console only on my old one: August 14th : New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190812-1924) this update to the new dashboard was made to my old xbox one S 2TB console. but not on my xbox one X I got a xbox...
  7. Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

in XboX Insiders
    Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.: I just updated Windows (edit: version 1903) after getting a message that the April edition will no longer be supported and afterwords when trying to stream from my Xbox One X to my computer (so I...
  8. A small system update being released to everyone today

in XBoX on Consoles
    A small system update being released to everyone today: Nice, cheers for the post. b8423cfa-184e-48c2-8111-0dc53958ebd3
  9. Stellaris: Utopia update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stellaris: Utopia update: So I had bought the Stellaris Deluxe edition a while back and had no problems with the Leviathans and Plantoids installation. After downloading the new update for Utopia I went to turn it on in...
  10. Onkyo: Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process,...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Onkyo: Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process,...: Onkyo (Audio/Video Receivers): Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process, it takes me right back to the ‘We've lost your tv lineup.’ Screen again. Fix this!...