We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

Discus and support We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xbox-Insider, Jun 14, 2019.

1. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more choice in how they represent themselves. We are updating gamertags to a 12-character maximum, Unicode-based name of your choice with an auto-generated suffix. We now offer 11 different alphabets for gamers, which support over 200 languages worldwide.

Existing gamertags will remain unchanged with no suffix and no action required unless the player wants to make a change.

New Xbox players, or players who want to change, can register a gamertag of their choice up to 12 characters. If it’s already taken by someone else, we will assign a suffix with numbers to differentiate you from other people with the same name. Where it’s displayed, we will also auto-format the gamertag to show the suffix in a more subtle, different font so that focus will be on the name you chose when the suffix is shown.

We’d like your feedback on the expanded features and anything you’d still like to see changed with Xbox gamertags, and here’s some notes to keep in mind as part of the discussion:

• Please read this FAQ for more details of the gamertag changes we’re making.
    • No one can claim your existing gamertag, you will continue to show in the same way that you do now going forward.
    • Updated gamertags are not available on the Xbox One console yet, but will be before the end of this year, they will show up first in the new Xbox PC app and in Game Bar on Windows 10 PCs (Win+G).
    • It will take time for games to start support the gamertag changes, a few games might support updated gamertags this year, but most games won’t support them until sometime in 2020.
    • We won’t be exceeding the 12 character limit, though gamertags can be shorter.
    • The updates to gamertags won’t allow users to change their gamertag constantly to avoid being found, users get a free change but after that they must still pay to change their gamertag.
    • We’re open to more ideas and would love to hear your feedback about this new change. Please let us know of anything you’d like to see that’s not part of today’s gamertag updates!

We can’t promise to deliver on all of the good ideas you may have, but your input is invaluable to help us to find new scenarios and prioritize what we work on. So tell us what you think, and share your ideas for changes you’d like to see in the future!

Have other ideas you want to share with Xbox? Visit the Xbox Idea Hub and Xbox Requests to share your voice.

submitted by /u/Xbox-Insider
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xbox-Insider, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

15 Character Gamertag

Today more one user can have the same gamertag, for that the #0000 in front of gamertag like the Nick name of Discord For exemple. Because this, the gamertag is limited today for 15 character I tink
    Partially true. Gamertags can have up to 12 (or 13) characters, if they choose one that's already taken, then they will be assigned a suffix.

"We’ve updated new Xbox gamertags to support a 12-character max, Unicode-based name of your choice, with an auto-generated suffix if the gamertag is shared. We now offer 13 different alphabets for gamers, which support more than 200 languages worldwide.

New Xbox players or those who want to change their gamertag can claim one of their choice, up to 12 characters. If a gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same gamertag. Suffixes
    are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown. "

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq
  3. pawncrackers Win User

will it be possible to still use 16 character gamertags when changing it?

Hi there,

Regrettably, you will have to keep searching for that Gamertag you're looking for, if it's not available. Please take a look at Xbox Support's

Gamertag Update FAQ
    , as it will likely answer any questions you may have.

"How have gamertags changed?

We’ve updated new Xbox gamertags to support a 12-character max, Unicode-based name of your choice, with an auto-generated suffix if the Gamertag is shared. We now offer 13 different alphabets for gamers, which support more than 200 languages
    worldwide.

Note: Existing gamertags will remain unchanged with no suffix. No action is necessary unless you want to make a change.

New Xbox players or those who want to change their Gamertag can claim one of their choice, up to 12 characters. If a Gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same Gamertag. Suffixes
    are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown.

New Gamertag updates are available at https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag. If you do decide to change your existing Gamertag, be aware that you may lose it to someone else."

Hope this helps,

L
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox gamertag

My gamertag is close to my name. I thought it was just because of the coronavirus that something was wrong. But, I'm not getting errors. It keeps saying it's not allowed. I really want to use this gamertag.
    There might be two reasons you can't use the Gamertag you want.

One reason might be, that a person already uses your desired gamertag in a different "spacing". For example, if you wnat to have "Clever Nickname" (note the space between "Clever" and "Nickname"), but someone already took "Clevernick Name" (Note the space
    between "Clevernick" and "Name"), then all permutations of "Clevernickname" are blocked by that name. Be it "Cle Ver Nick Name" or "Clevernickname" or whatever.

The problem is, that searching for a Gamertag will adhere to the spacing you use. So if you search for "Clever Nickname" it will not be found. However, trying to use "Clever Nickname" is blocked by the existing "Clevernick Name".

Secondly, depending on what your name is that you wish to base your Gamertag on, it might be an offensive word in another language. Seemingly harmless words in one language might have an offensive meaning in another. For example the cartoon character "Porky
    Pig" in Germany is named "piggy thick" if you literally translate the German name it back to English. Try Google Translate to find out what "Thick" translates to in German.

Maybe your name contains a string of characters that is an offensive name or word in another language.
  5. onyxishere Win User

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - Language

What language are you wanting support for? Most content will default to the official language of the country that it is purchased from. For example, if you live in Germany but have your gamertag set for US the game will default to English language.

However, if you would like to request a refund you will need to contact phone support for more assistance.
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Have been trying to make this gamertag that reset in 2016 for years and it still won't let me create.

If you cant use the word in your bio or any thing it is likely a forbidden word on the system and using it as a gamertag would result in a forced name change eventually. Perhaps tell us what the gamertag you want is and we maybe able to help more
Thema:

We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

1. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What... - Similar Threads - We’ve updated gamertags

2. Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...

in XboX Insiders
    Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...: I just cleaned up my HD the other day by uninstalling all the GamePass titles that no longer had the icon (meaning I could no longer play them). This was much easier than having to keep up...
  3. Game updates freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updates freezing: I have had this issue for over a year. I start an update and it'll just freeze at random and then I have to wait a month for it to unfreeze. Is there any fix for this?...
  4. Falha na atualização [Update failed]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Falha na atualização [Update failed]: Estou com o mesmo problema apenas no código de status , o meu é 4451 - 4497 - 1481 - 0300 - C800 - 0036. Ai o console não atualiza e não consigo acessar a Internet pelo Xbox 360. Como resolvo ??...
  5. Tenure not updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tenure not updating: when i bought the xbox one console my tenure was aleady at 4 years...ive bought 4, 1 year subscriptions and a few 3 month and my tenure has only gone up 2....somethings not right or you got the...
  6. Console Updates warning/delay needed

in XboX Insiders
    Console Updates warning/delay needed: I think there should be an option to delay the console update at least until I can finish my game. I’m getting annoyed how I’m in a middle of a game and console forces me to update without warning...
  7. Call of Duty slow update download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty slow update download: [img] [img] For some reason my Call of Duty Modern Warfare will only download at less then 20mbps. Any other game I attempt to download I get my usual speed (60 - 90 mbps). I’ve had this issue...
  8. xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update: so i originally have had my xbox one set up with my girlfriends xbox one (as my home xbox) and she was sharing her live subscription with me but recently has just stopped sharing live, all the...
  9. Why doesn’t my fortnite install? It says something has gone wrong our end. We’ve factory...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my fortnite install? It says something has gone wrong our end. We’ve factory...: It says something has gone wrong our end. We’ve factory restarted it and no outcome. Deleted all games and still doesnt download. Changed vpn and dns address. Litterally nothing has solved it.Is...
  10. Onkyo: Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process,...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Onkyo: Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process,...: Onkyo (Audio/Video Receivers): Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process, it takes me right back to the ‘We've lost your tv lineup.’ Screen again. Fix this!...