What do I need to know when changing my Email Address linked with my 5 year Gold sub?

Discus and support What do I need to know when changing my Email Address linked with my 5 year Gold sub? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm considering to change my email address to a more recent one, however, I'm trying to find information about what will happen when I do change it. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beckyyykorngirl, Feb 21, 2014.

1. What do I need to know when changing my Email Address linked with my 5 year Gold sub?

I'm considering to change my email address to a more recent one, however, I'm trying to find information about what will happen when I do change it.

I know I lose all my Microsoft Credit, which is fine because I spent it all just to get it out the way.

I'm also an Xbox Live Rewards member, if I change my email address linked to XBLR, would I have to re-sign up? Cause that would suck.

Also, I have Uplay and other gaming related apps linked with my Gamertag, would I have to change my email address with them too so they're still linked?

Would it cause any problems with my Xbox One as well?

I'm considering to change my email address because I always get emails from my 5 year gamertag, to my recent one anyway so I might as well link them.

Thanks guys!

:)

beckyyykorngirl, Feb 21, 2014
  2. HELP PLZ! With my xbox live account.

My xbox live accounts name is KingOfStrippers. About 2 months ago my xbox broke, so I cancled my xbox gold membership. I just recently bought a bran new xbox 360 and I went to go reactivate my gold membership, however when I put my email address in that
    was linked to my account (I know this because I still get emails to that address for KingOfStrippers) the account attached to it was not mine. Please let me know what I need to do to fix this.

UnfussySubset1, Feb 21, 2014
  3. Linking my existing Xbox Live gamertag to a new email address.

So I recently stopped using my old email address (awkwardly named one I made when I was younger) and have started using a new one. I would like to know how I go about changing my current email address linked with my gamertag to a different one? I have managed
    to change the contact email address etc... but have not managed to change the email address/Microsoft account I actually log in with.

Thanks in advance What do I need to know when changing my Email Address linked with my 5 year Gold sub? :)

10152c49-e17f-4c57-a048-a40908ac65cd, Feb 21, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

What do I need to know when changing my Email Address linked with my 5 year Gold sub?

Not sure where you heard about the credit thing but it's untrue. When you change the email associated with your gamertag that's all you're doing. All items/games/gold membership reside with the account not the email.

You'll be fine in all aspects of the account. As for the Xbox One the most you'll have to do is resign in with your gamertag once the email is changed.

onyxishere, Feb 21, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Not sure where you heard about the credit thing but it's untrue. When you change the email associated with your gamertag that's all you're doing. All items/games/gold membership reside with the account not the email.

You'll be fine in all aspects of the account. As for the Xbox One the most you'll have to do is resign in with your gamertag once the email is changed.
  6. Wherewhulf Win User

Issue with receiving my Rewards points.

Thank you.

When I use the link to billing, it sends a code to an old email address. I changed it in my account on the 16th. I've actually had this current email for two years, but I've been too lazy to change it until recently. When I select the link for 'not using
    this email address' it takes me to the account page and reflects the changes I made on the 16th. I hit 'save' and tried again, but it's still sending the email to my old address.
  7. AssumedPath9498 Win User

Gamertag Gone and replaced UPDATE

Its the same email address I have been using for nearly 10 years and suddenly when I log in the gamertag has changed. Have emails from xbox to that email address from years ago with links to my original gamertag
  8. williammorandin Win User

Help me Please

If you know the email (even the mistyped one) and password for the account you can go to account.live.com and sign in this should bring up a screen that basically says that we need to verify the email address associated with your account and in that box
    should be a link that basically says change the email associated with your account and once you do that it will change your sign in email to whatever you put in and should fix your problem.
    I think i mioght have changed you email at the time, so i dont know what email my Gamertag is at but i Do know my Gamertag is x iLsD willy M. i just need to find the email my gamertag is linked. im almost certain that i know the secret question and passward,
    plus i know what there is in that account meaning the transactions i made so i can prove its me legit! Just would like someone from the support to help me answer what email in linked in my gamertag x iLsD willy M...
  9. bowski477 Win User

Trying to move existing gamertag to my current account.

Hello, what you would need to do is change the email address associated with the GT you want to use. So if the email address you want to use is tied to another GT you'd also need to move that GT to another email address to free up the one you want to use.
    The following link will assist you in the process of changing email addresses associated with accounts.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-ac...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
Thema:

1. What do I need to know when changing my Email Address linked with my 5 year Gold sub? - Similar Threads - need changing Email

2. I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay

in XBoX on Windows
    I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay: So basically i have this old gamertag that i got bored of and tried to change it but i need to pay. It is my right not to pay for it (this came out kinda agressive but you know what i am...
  3. I need to change my epic account email

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change my epic account email: I'm trying to activate 2Fa for fortnite but I can't remember what gmail I used. I tried every gmail and I can't even disconnect my xbox account from my epic account without the email. If I can...
  4. Need help with changing my email on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with changing my email on my account: I'm trying to change my email on my xbox account due to losing access on my old email years ago. I want to change it to my current email that I have but I'm afraid of my original gamertag and my...
  5. Need help changing my email for my Microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help changing my email for my Microsoft rewards: This is my regular email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but im trying to change it to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  6. I need to change the email associated with my xbox live account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change the email associated with my xbox live account.: I cannot change the email on my xbox live account. I tried to link it to my microsoft account and the microsoft account generated a generic gamertag. I cannot verify my email address because it's...
  7. I need to change my email tied to my gamertag, the email account no longer exsists

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change my email tied to my gamertag, the email account no longer exsists: I just purchased an Xbox1, and when I try to switch users, I can't verify anything because the original email account I used, no longer exists. I know what the email address is, but it says that...
  8. Hi, i need to change my email on my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, i need to change my email on my account.: I can't change it because isn't real. I can't create a new allias. thanks ad7c400c-4e8c-4e8e-bfa0-75e96c35db7d
  9. I need to change my email address on xbox gamertag account and add new alias and........

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change my email address on xbox gamertag account and add new alias and........: Hi, i need to checkout a account which gamertag is WhoseverMocha96 actually i need to checkout if that account is associated with anyofthese gmail [MOD REMOVED - Please do not post personal...
  10. Xbox Live Email Address Needs to be Changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Email Address Needs to be Changed: Just going to throw this out there. I have been trying to switch my gamertag to a different microsoft account as my old one sat unused for a few years and at one point was hacked by someone else....