What does Automatic Updates do?

Discus and support What does Automatic Updates do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have an XB1 X console but I play offline. But whenever I finish playing, does it auto update everything offline? Let's say if I open back my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JacquelineDRU, Aug 30, 2019.

1. What does Automatic Updates do?

Hello. I have an XB1 X console but I play offline. But whenever I finish playing, does it auto update everything offline? Let's say if I open back my network to Online, will they show a notification that says time to update your console/update available
    or does the automatic updates do it all for me? Thx.

P.S. I have automatic updates for game and console enabled as well as Instant On.

:)

JacquelineDRU, Aug 30, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I choose Go offline whenever I don't want internet or there is poor connection. And I would play without them until it's the right time for me to turn it back.
    Oh ok, If you check
    OS versions for console
    you'll see regular occurrences of updates as they improve the system, some are Mandatory after a certain time/date.

Keep in mind also that your savegame files are not synchronized with the cloud unless you are Online, protecting you against losing progress and hrs of gameplay.

I've had several updates to X360 bc games recently, so you may want to check that via Manage game and addons.
  3. JacquelineDRU Win User

OK thx. But are there Mandatory or Available updates for automatic updates when I turn on back to online mode? I heard it only works for Manual updates. IDK if it's true or not.
  4. JacquelineDRU Win User

I choose Go offline whenever I don't want internet or there is poor connection. And I would play without them until it's the right time for me to turn it back.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi JacquelineDRU,

Thanks for asking this question on the forums. Automatic updates keep the console up to date with the latest operating system changes and game developers also put out updates to their games from time to time to have them perform in the best way possible
    as well.

That being said, in order to receive automatic updates, your console would need to be online, rather than offline, so that it may get these updates on a regular basis. Essentially, if you're in offline mode, you won't receive these updates which may
    cause your console or games to act erratically.

Here are some support articles that may help you out as they have a lot of great information as well:

About system updates on Xbox One

Updating your Xbox One console

Xbox One operating system versions and system updates

Using Xbox One offline << This contains exactly what your console can do in offline vs. online modes.

I hope that this information helps you out. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I'm not sure if you mean Show offline setting or you are not connecting to XBLive at all.

This support page Update xbox one console has information on the process of updating your console.
Thema:

1. What does Automatic Updates do? - Similar Threads - does Automatic Updates

2. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  3. Xbox gamepass ultimate su PC non si attiva[Xbox game pass final on PC does not activate]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass ultimate su PC non si attiva[Xbox game pass final on PC does not activate]: Ho di recente provato ad attivare l'offerta "gamepass ultimate 2 mesi a 2 euro" e dopo aver provato a pagare con una carta master card contenente 2,70 € l'applicazione restituiva un errore dopo...
  4. Minecraft de celular não pega multiplayer via Xbox Live [Translate] Minecraft Mobile does...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft de celular não pega multiplayer via Xbox Live [Translate] Minecraft Mobile does...: Eu e meus amigos estávamos jogando aquele survival numa boa, mas, do nada, meus amigos não conseguem entrar no meu mundo e escreve "Não foi possível se conectar ao mundo" e também não consigo...
  5. Broadcasting does not work

in XboX Insiders
    Broadcasting does not work: Broadcasting or just live streaming from games does not work, because "the game isnt allowed to stream", can someone help me or does everybody have this problem? submitted by /u/JakesStuff...
  6. Game pass automatic renewal does not requested

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game pass automatic renewal does not requested: Hi, You have invoiced me a renewal I have not requested, please I want you to refund it. Kind regards. 3edcb900-1003-47d1-b987-5e4a48e31fcf
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Why does my headset not automatically connect with me controller?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Why does my headset not automatically connect with me controller?: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Why does my headset not automatically connect with me controller? hi, I recently got a new controller designed on the Xbox website and it came to me on Christmas. My...
  8. Does the Xbox One automatically download app/game updates?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Xbox One automatically download app/game updates?: My console is set to use the Instant-On power mode and I’ve checked the box allowing it to “download updates automatically” when in this mode. However, when I launch games and apps, I still see...
  9. I got a second Xbox one. Does xbox one saves game files to cloud automatically?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a second Xbox one. Does xbox one saves game files to cloud automatically?: I have bought the Xbox one back in the release day and made a mistake and sold it :( I had a huge progress in some games. I want to buy another Xbox one, my question is, when i enter my profile...
  10. Sound does not work On limited Edition GOW 3 Console Plus I want automatic VIP REWARDS STATUS ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound does not work On limited Edition GOW 3 Console Plus I want automatic VIP REWARDS STATUS ...: My 360 sound has went out. DO NOT TRY AND DISCUSS WITH ME WAY TO CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS HOOKED UP RIGHT ETC..... ITS BROKE PERIOD, WHAT DO I DO TO GET IT FIXED OR REPLACED BECAUSE IT IS A...