What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else)

Discus and support What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please help me settle this debate on whether the Xbox 360 uses Game Discs or DVDs. :) d7a968a6-47c4-4f5d-889d-f01b93f9dcce Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Googo01, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Googo01
    Googo01 Guest

Please help me settle this debate on whether the Xbox 360 uses Game Discs or DVDs. What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else) :)

:)

Googo01, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

To clarify;

PlayStation 1 - CD-ROM

Sega Saturn - CD-ROM

Sega Dreamcast - GD-ROM - A proprietary disc format

PlayStation 2 - DVD

Nintendo GameCube - Nintendo Optical Disc

XBOX - DVD

PlayStation 3 - Blu-Ray

XBOX 360 - DVD

Nintendo Wii - Wii Optical disc (basically DVD)

Wii U - Wii U Optical disc (basically Blu-Ray)

PlayStation 4 - Blu-Ray

XBOX One, One S and One X - Blu-Ray

PlayStation 5 - Blu-Ray

XBOX Series X - - Blu-Ray
  3. ngocphi Win User

DVDs but they are encrypted like most game disks even the bluray games that current consoles use
  4. Zer0 G Win User

disc tray randomly opens

Virtuous, that's very interesting. I am curious... How many 360's do you have in the home? Are you in an Apt or something with a thin wall that perhaps someone in another room or part of the building could be using the remote and triggering the cd tray
    to open? I know it sounds silly. Just trying to give you something else to consider.
  5. Continue using my Co Win User

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on demand is getting unreadable disc error

Sorry to hear about your issues with the Games on Demand title. The issue may be that your HDD is having problems reading the game file(s). One of the suggested solutions is to DELETE the game file and then download something else of the same size and then
    redownload the original game again. It's NOT ideal but is what is suggested by Xbox Support.

More information on possible solutions:
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-unreadable-error-games-on-demand

Good luck.
  6. PlatinumSpectre Win User

Anyone else NOT recieved their code?

He got it from one of the Officail Xbox 360 demo discs. Dunno what number disc though.
Thema:

1. What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else) - Similar Threads - does 360 it’s

2. Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 wont Read Certain game but Xbox One does: I want to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on my Xbox 360, but it says unrecognized disc when I go to the menu of the game. However, when I tried it on my Xbox one, it read just fine no issues....
  3. Does Xbox 360 backwards compatibility support any Xbox original hit man games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox 360 backwards compatibility support any Xbox original hit man games?: Wanted to play some old hit man games on my 360 and I don’t know if Xbox 360 backwards compatibility supports those games 2a3fc12b-3138-4338-ab4d-e72e4bc86638
  4. Why does it say (C)2015 Microsoft Corporation in the System Info on my Xbox 360 when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it say (C)2015 Microsoft Corporation in the System Info on my Xbox 360 when the...: It still says 2015 when the update was in 2019. Any reasons why it's like that? If not, could you please fix it? 25e88419-a21e-4af9-a40d-b4c922e37853
  5. Does the perfect Minecraft XBOX 360 seed exist?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the perfect Minecraft XBOX 360 seed exist?: Hi all I have been enjoying Minecraft on my recently purchased Xbox 360 for a good few months now. I have all the achievements and am now looking for a world to build a huge fortress/lair and city...
  6. Does an USB formatted in One work with 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does an USB formatted in One work with 360?: Hi there! According to a help article I read, you can format an USB stick to be able to store apps and games. When it's done, it's supposed to enable you to play the games that you transferred to...
  7. All owned games - grouping by console type does not provide a category for Xbox 360 and...

in XboX Insiders
    All owned games - grouping by console type does not provide a category for Xbox 360 and...: Xbox 360 and original Xbox games are grouped with the list of Xbox One games instead. Alpha Skip Ahead. submitted by /u/EyeTV [link] [comments]
  8. Why does my xbox 360 doesnt update 4488-4497-1380-2446-c810-1004

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox 360 doesnt update 4488-4497-1380-2446-c810-1004: My Xbox can connect to the internet and download the update but it doesnt want to install the update. 635f29ef-40f7-4075-b6ef-169467a0931a
  9. Does the e xbox app work on 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the e xbox app work on 360?: I still have a 360 and i want to know if the app works on it c910e97d-fd80-4b6a-98c0-dde6b686aca8
  10. Xbox 360 cloud gaming error: your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 cloud gaming error: your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to...: I have contacted xbox support about this, they gave me a fix which i tried, which was removing my profile in the xbox 360 and redownloading it, which did not work. I'm trying to play Skate 3...