What happens to my xbox live gold account AFTER the Game Pass Ultimate expires?

Discus and support What happens to my xbox live gold account AFTER the Game Pass Ultimate expires? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I see the deal to upgrade my gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. Sounds great, but reading the Game Pass Ultimate page it talks about converting my... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by JohnnyMacDad, Jun 13, 2019.

1. JohnnyMacDad
    JohnnyMacDad Guest

I see the deal to upgrade my gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. Sounds great, but reading the

Game Pass Ultimate page
    it talks about converting my account and I quote:

"Note: Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions
    are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change.
    All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership.
    Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or
    Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console)."

Is the BOLD sentence above specifically ONLY DURING THE SUBSCRIPTION of Ultimate, or is this for the rest of the life of this account? I am concerned about what happens after the Ultimate sub expires.

After Ultimate expires, for example, if I go and purchase a 12 month subscription for just xbox live gold, do I actually get 12 months of live gold, or will I FOREVER have my account be an Ultimate subscription account and that 12 month live gold purchase
    be converted to the Game Pass Ultimate conversion ratio for life?

I need an official response, not a guess what might happen.

Thank you.

:)

JohnnyMacDad, Jun 13, 2019
  2. AbDaveilliers Win User

I see the deal to upgrade my gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. Sounds great, but reading the

Game Pass Ultimate page
    it talks about converting my account and I quote:

"Note: Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions
    are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change.
    All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership.
    Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or
    Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console)."

Is the BOLD sentence above specifically ONLY DURING THE SUBSCRIPTION of Ultimate, or is this for the rest of the life of this account? I am concerned about what happens after the Ultimate sub expires.

After Ultimate expires, for example, if I go and purchase a 12 month subscription for just xbox live gold, do I actually get 12 months of live gold, or will I FOREVER have my account be an Ultimate subscription account and that 12 month live gold purchase
    be converted to the Game Pass Ultimate conversion ratio for life?

I need an official response, not a guess what might happen.

Thank you.
    I've had a look at the Gold to UGP conversion rates. You would not receive any of your Gold membership time back at all. What you'd need to do is allow you UGP membership to run out, cancel just before it does and then buy a new Gold subscription. Conversion
    rate isn't great either. 12 months Gold only gets you 4 months UGP.

However, your Gold purchases will not be converted to GPU for life. UGP is a separate subscription from the Game Pass and Gold. So you still have a choice with which you choose. Microsoft obviously want to get more people on the UGP by offering it at a lower
    rate than if you bought Gold and Game Pass separately.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Game Pass Ultimate

Hey there JoshP3,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, although we have had similar questions in regards to the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription we are always happy to help as this is new territory for all of us.

" 'What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass when I sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate'

When you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we'll apply any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass toward the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, up to a maximum of 36 months. Prepaid time conversion rates are subject to change."

You can find more information for the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription by clicking on the link below.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate FAQ

I hope this helps.
  4. FreakRoach Win User

A doubt about Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Yes, you can cancel Xbox Live Ultimate whenever and revert to only Xbox Live Gold.
    So, when it says "Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Future
    code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership.
    ",
    it means if you activate Xbox Live Gold subscription when your subscription of Ultimate is still active. ¿Am I right?

I think after activating ultimate, if you redeem a Xbox live Gold, it will extend your ultimate subscription.
  5. luissolid Win User

Xbox Live Gold And Game Pass Ultimate

Can i buy gold separate from the game pass ultimate? Even when they combine together?
    Just to clarify... Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Includes Xbox Games Membership for Console and PC plus Xbox Live Gold for Console.

So in this case if you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you have already Xbox Live Gold.

Also remember that you can share the Xbox Live Gold, Game pass with all your accounts (family) in your home console!

Regards!
  6. brandontyler Win User

"This code is not currently supported for conversion to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription"

Found some more fine print: "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate:

Use your active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership to play games on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Live Gold and additional benefits. Note: Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a
    conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Xbox Game
    Pass Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console). "
Thema:

1. What happens to my xbox live gold account AFTER the Game Pass Ultimate expires? - Similar Threads - happens live gold

2. Xbox Live Gold Is Required To Play.. What happened to my Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold Is Required To Play.. What happened to my Xbox Live Gold: I get on to play Fortnite, it loads in and says press x, I press x, then it says you need Xbox Live Gold to play... I think isnt my membership suppoosed to be automatically payed? So few days...
  3. live and rdr2 down...what happened

in XBoX Games and Apps
    live and rdr2 down...what happened: Xbox live broken on rdr2 eve overtime for the Xbox crowd? cda65a69-1acc-48a2-a133-5790c5e1732d
  4. What happened to free workouts for XBox Live Gold Members?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happened to free workouts for XBox Live Gold Members?: I have xbox live gold, and have been using the Beachbody 10 minute cardio trainer for the last month for free. Now, they want $20, and there seems to be no free with xbox live gold workouts...
  5. Can't Renew Xbox Live Gold "Try that again. Something happened on our end."

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Renew Xbox Live Gold "Try that again. Something happened on our end.": My Xbox Live Gold membership expired yesterday. I tried to renew it about two hours ago and got the message, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." But that has...
  6. Can't Renew Xbox Live Gold "Try that again. Something happened on our end."

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Renew Xbox Live Gold "Try that again. Something happened on our end.": My Xbox Live Gold membership expired yesterday. I tried to renew it about two hours ago and got the message, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." But that has...
  7. Someone know Whittier happen with my Xbox Live gold account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Someone know Whittier happen with my Xbox Live gold account?: yesterday i write a code to have 12 months of gold but Noé i try to use it but i can't 6ec08589-3df2-468b-817d-6984c5d48081
  8. i cant play online but i have a xbox live gold for 1 year. what happened?

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant play online but i have a xbox live gold for 1 year. what happened?: i cant play online but i have a xbox live gold for 1 year. what happened 5b59dce7-79a2-45b6-aaff-9041cd04c15b
  9. What happens to 360 account when renew Live Gold on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to 360 account when renew Live Gold on Xbox One?: I play xbox games w my son. We have a Xbox 360 & two Xbox One consoles in the house. His Xbox Live Gold membership just expired. Ideally we want two things: 1) Use 1-membership to give us both...
  10. ** Xbox Live GOLD Account LOGS OUT Every Time We Start A New Game; Been Happening For MONTHS.. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ** Xbox Live GOLD Account LOGS OUT Every Time We Start A New Game; Been Happening For MONTHS.. ...: Hi - One of our Xbox Live GOLD accounts logs us out EVERY TIME we START a game OR switch to another mode WITHIN a current game.. It also takes a LONG time to log into the account.. Our other...