What hardware is used when playing a PC game on the Xbox One like this?

Discus and support What hardware is used when playing a PC game on the Xbox One like this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I saw that Xbox One allows you to stream PC games to your Xbox One and I was wondering if by doing this, are you using the Xbox's hardware or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Long Thunder, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Long Thunder
    Long Thunder Guest

So, I saw that Xbox One allows you to stream PC games to your Xbox One and I was wondering if by doing this, are you using the Xbox's hardware or the PC's hardware. My laptop is far weaker than my Xbox One so if it uses the Xbox One hardware it'd run a
    lot better and I can just leave my laptop running with no worries. For more information on what I'm talking about check

this article

:)

Long Thunder, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Gimpy_P Win User

Pretty much any time you stream, be it PC to Xbox or Xbox to PC or Netflix etc. the receiving device is simply acting as a dumb terminal. The server side is doing most of the work and using the most resources to get the content to you.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I'm going to have to disappoint you, sorry.

When you stream PC to the Xbox, the console just processes the video feed and displays it on screen from the computer. All the processing work is done on the computer not the console.

So if you were hoping for better performance by streaming I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.
  4. yobrizo Win User

Hello everyone. the streaming part of xbox to pc will improve a lot with the xcloud project, so they will extend the xbox system to many more devices like mobiles, tablets or pc. to stream from pc to another device, if the pc is basic I don't think it's
    very feasible, because whoever makes the effort is the pc from where straming is done
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

It basically just kind of projects or "casts" it to whatever device your Xbox is hooked up to. In most cases it kind of dumbs down the framerate and graphical qualities every time I've used it. Its all local hardware/software. It basically just uses what
    the Xbox itself already does. Its a neat feature but not really effective in some cases.
  6. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there Long Thunder,

The recommended specifications for a streaming or gaming on PC while streaming would be

I7 3.4GHz or AMD Ryzen 5

GPU 1060 8GB or Higher

16GB or 32GB RAM

HDD 1000 TB or More

Hope this helps also have you tried a steaming device like Elgato maybe that would help you better depending on your current specifications.

Kind Regards

Alec
Thema:

1. What hardware is used when playing a PC game on the Xbox One like this? - Similar Threads - hardware used playing

2. Possibly hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possibly hardware: So my xbox one s has been really messing up lately. It froze a couple days ago and now isnt working at all. I've tried all the tricks I could find on YouTube, reddit, and even Microsoft...
  3. Possible hardware issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible hardware issue: So yesterday I was playing the new Modern Warfare and suddenly my frame mate dropped tremendously. My screen lagged terribly then the game froze in the lobby. So I hard reset my xbox. Turned back...
  4. Hardware ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware ?: I can only play my game on low res mode when i try to change it in game it says not supported and if i try to just turn it in and play without going into low res mode screen will be all black...
  5. Hardware

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hardware: My xbox will turn on but my dashboard will not load at all and there's nothing I can do 78ff271e-a305-4373-980b-199571c2b1bc
  6. Xbox one S hardware/display issues. Bangalore, India.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S hardware/display issues. Bangalore, India.: TL;DR: HDMI port on the xbox seems to have gone bad. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago with resolution 1080p. Now the screen is either blank or keeps fluctuating (turns on and off...
  7. Hardware Failure with Blank Display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware Failure with Blank Display: Hello, I purchased my xbox one x on July 9, 2019. It gives me a blank screen every time I power on my console. I have checked the hdmi cable, changed the display, reset the video options holding...
  8. can a used xbox 360 console have hardware that will steal you xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    can a used xbox 360 console have hardware that will steal you xbox account: i just got a xbox 360 console off of amazon and i was wondering if there could possibly be any hardware installed in the console itself that would steal my account information (passwords, payment...
  9. Extra hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extra hardware: So years ago consoles always released add on accessories for them to use during gaming. For instance tine crisis had guns, mega drive also had a gun, What is the reason behind them as far as im...
  10. Hardware Issue (controller or console issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware Issue (controller or console issue): So I was playing a game with a friend and I heard this weird blip bloop noise, and my controller stopped responding to any input or commands. I restarted the controller, didn't fix it. Restarted...