What hardware is used when playing a PC game on the Xbox One like this?

Discus and support What hardware is used when playing a PC game on the Xbox One like this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I saw that Xbox One allows you to stream PC games to your Xbox One and I was wondering if by doing this, are you using the Xbox's hardware or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Long Thunder, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Long Thunder
    Long Thunder Guest

So, I saw that Xbox One allows you to stream PC games to your Xbox One and I was wondering if by doing this, are you using the Xbox's hardware or the PC's hardware. My laptop is far weaker than my Xbox One so if it uses the Xbox One hardware it'd run a
    lot better and I can just leave my laptop running with no worries. For more information on what I'm talking about check

this article

:)

Long Thunder, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Gimpy_P Win User

Pretty much any time you stream, be it PC to Xbox or Xbox to PC or Netflix etc. the receiving device is simply acting as a dumb terminal. The server side is doing most of the work and using the most resources to get the content to you.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I'm going to have to disappoint you, sorry.

When you stream PC to the Xbox, the console just processes the video feed and displays it on screen from the computer. All the processing work is done on the computer not the console.

So if you were hoping for better performance by streaming I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.
  4. yobrizo Win User

Hello everyone. the streaming part of xbox to pc will improve a lot with the xcloud project, so they will extend the xbox system to many more devices like mobiles, tablets or pc. to stream from pc to another device, if the pc is basic I don't think it's
    very feasible, because whoever makes the effort is the pc from where straming is done
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

It basically just kind of projects or "casts" it to whatever device your Xbox is hooked up to. In most cases it kind of dumbs down the framerate and graphical qualities every time I've used it. Its all local hardware/software. It basically just uses what
    the Xbox itself already does. Its a neat feature but not really effective in some cases.
  6. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there Long Thunder,

The recommended specifications for a streaming or gaming on PC while streaming would be

I7 3.4GHz or AMD Ryzen 5

GPU 1060 8GB or Higher

16GB or 32GB RAM

HDD 1000 TB or More

Hope this helps also have you tried a steaming device like Elgato maybe that would help you better depending on your current specifications.

Kind Regards

Alec
Thema:

1. What hardware is used when playing a PC game on the Xbox One like this? - Similar Threads - hardware used playing

2. Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware: Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware I have filed a BBB complain again MS and Xbox for not covering warranty repairs and am now seeking legal counsel for a class action lawsuit against MS...
  3. Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Class Action Lawsuit for Failing Hardware: I have filed a BBB complain again MS and Xbox for not covering warranty repairs and am now seeking legal counsel for a class action lawsuit against MS for selling faulty equipment and expecting...
  4. Xbox one network hardware

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox one network hardware: Xbox one network hardware Hello there, Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue, it sounds like it's having an issue trying to connect to your router due to a security...
  5. Xbox-Microsoft’s Dedicated Hardware for Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox-Microsoft’s Dedicated Hardware for Gaming: Hi fellow Gamers, Microsoft have potrayed xbox as its sole gaming platform these years. Based on this philosophy they have launched exclusives and created a Live network for players to access co...
  6. XBox 360 Hardware Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 Hardware Question: Hi All, While I'm in the middle of a game or DVD, the game will go back to the main screen and says "Opening", while the console itself has the power button flashing very quickly. To get it back...
  7. Hardware

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hardware: Hi there i was wondering if using a external microphone like a blue yeti works on a xbox one without using a controller 1b6c0419-3b1e-4a5c-a56f-680cf150f1f2
  8. AG10: Hardware issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AG10: Hardware issue: AG10: Hardware issue Does your TV have multiple HDMI ports, maybe try them all? c799db5f-f206-41d7-ae8e-45e9f1d27552
  9. FLIGHT SIM FULL YOKE HARDWARE

in XboX Insiders
    FLIGHT SIM FULL YOKE HARDWARE: For the new upcoming flight sim release will there be new controller sticks or full yoke hardware available? Or is there any current availability of such devices for use on a PC??? submitted by...
  10. Xbox hardware troubleshooting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox hardware troubleshooting: At first, the issue with my Xbox one x was that it would not install any games. So I factor reset the Xbox. It was very difficult to reset the Xbox, it kept returning to the troubleshooting page....