What is the best way to fix the left button on the D-pad

Discus and support What is the best way to fix the left button on the D-pad in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have my Left button on the D-pad stuck after I have dropped my controller while connected to my headset ( was an ADHD moment that made it drop).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RandomSashaLove, Aug 2, 2019.

1. What is the best way to fix the left button on the D-pad

So I have my Left button on the D-pad stuck after I have dropped my controller while connected to my headset ( was an ADHD moment that made it drop). Anyway, after a few months of constant distractions and drops, my left button is stuck. What is the best
    way to get it unstuck without purchasing a whole new controller?

:)

RandomSashaLove, Aug 2, 2019
  2. denis97g Win User

I think the only way is to open the controller and see if you can unstuck the left button.Otherwise, a new controller is the only solution.
  3. rudipops1 Win User

The following link can help you fix your controller. If finish the wizard on the link, and it determines that you need a repair, check if you're under warranty using the serial number under the bar code in the battery pocket of the controller.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/controllers/wireless-controller-solution

If you're under warranty, contact customer support to request an exchange repair. Thanks.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/

Click on Contact support and then ask to request a call.
  4. RandomSashaLove Win User

So how can I open it as I have never managed to get it open?
  5. choppyseize Win User

Keep in mind that we're not allowed to discuss self repair in the forums. Also if you do attempt some of the suggestions you void the warranty completely and are responsible for any complications down the road after.
  6. JhonSnow777 Win User

Open the controller and replace the contact or see what happened there, maybe something get cracked
Thema:

1. What is the best way to fix the left button on the D-pad - Similar Threads - best fix left

2. a WiFi router made my Microsoft so it be Easyer to find the best router

in XboX Insiders
    a WiFi router made my Microsoft so it be Easyer to find the best router: this would be great because it would be Easyer to find a good router for xcloud, like some broadbands can't do the xcloud stuff so please not take this down submitted by /u/thecreeperkilr...
  3. Can any one give me some information about the best way to get in touch and sort an issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can any one give me some information about the best way to get in touch and sort an issue...: So I sent a elite pad back under warranty, they have sent 2 different replacements out both have been broken. I have been promised phone calls etc nothing, I got a phone call asking for me the...
  4. My best 20 games of the past decade. At the birth of the new one!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My best 20 games of the past decade. At the birth of the new one!: Oh, i like the look of your playlist, very similar to my own if im honest. 4bfc6177-a767-49fd-8442-2e3d2f13f497
  5. My best 15 games of the last decade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My best 15 games of the last decade: Edit: the wrong post, please don't answer. 1d18f76c-d152-44ad-acba-7de551fb78d4
  6. Best Xbox for “Xbox Adaptive Controller” ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Best Xbox for “Xbox Adaptive Controller” ?: I’m the dad of two disabled boys. One has trouble with fine motor skills? Recently we had the opportunity to try the Xbox Adaptive Controller with some success. Just wondering which game system...
  7. Best present?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best present?: What are some of the best ideas for gift giving? 8a92668d-9a35-4a05-b014-16e767021e9f
  8. Best Headset for gaming ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Headset for gaming ?: I use the A50 Gen 3 for both Xbox and working on the PC. They have incredible sound - though they do need to be cheaper d650f1ff-39e3-4cc6-9b7e-0a0430ddc608
  9. Best gaming soundtrack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best gaming soundtrack: Many already mentioned here are favorites of mine. Probably one of my all-time favorite soundtracks belongs to Call of Duty: World at War. Added a whole other dimension to that game. Special...
  10. Xbox Adaptive Controller named one of Times best gadgets of the 2010s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller named one of Times best gadgets of the 2010s: Time just put out an article listing the best gadgets of the 2010s, and the Xbox Adaptive Controller made the list. This is a phenomenal achievement, and the teams behind the controller should be...