What is the success rate on the One-X after internal HDD replacement?

Discus and support What is the success rate on the One-X after internal HDD replacement? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since I can't send my console to an MS repair facility due to my region - I wanted to have some thoughts on the chances of the console failing again... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Speedster996, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

Since I can't send my console to an MS repair facility due to my region - I wanted to have some thoughts on the chances of the console failing again after an internal HDD replacement.

Even though somebody's offered to do it here for me at a rather good price, I'm wondering if I really need it at this point.

I can update the console fine through OSU1 (after multiple tries) and as long as I use games and apps from my external HDD and don't use the internal at all for any kind of data access, I'm golden. I do have to hard reset my console more now, but I'm okay
    with that. BTW, too many hard resets, are they bad for your system?

Anyhow, what has your experience been after getting the internal HDD replaced? Did your console run smoothly afterward? Any 'E' bootup errors, issues with slow loading within games or home space, or game syncing issues, game save/load issues in general?

Are all these problems solely down to internal HDD software/OS corruption or do you think other factors might be responsible as well?

:)

Speedster996, Aug 30, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I'm afraid it is not allowed to discuss self made repairs to the Xbox hardware in these forums
  3. GroundOregano94 Win User

Mine HDD was replaced, but it was by Microsoft. I don't know about third party replacement. The HDD (thank God) works now like old one use to do before my misfortune with power surge by lightning. In my case it was a power surge, in yours I can't tell.
    I do a hard reset from time to time, maybe two times in one week just to be sure that everything goes smoothly. So, I don't believe that hurts console. I have an X for 19 months now. I don't know if my experience helps you in any way but I hope that you will
    have better luck in the future.
  4. Speedster996 Win User

Thanks for pointing that out. My post does not revolve around "self made repairs" but rather around the success rate/ratio of people having their consoles repaired through HDD replacement.

Please don't take it out of context, thanks.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

XBox One X and external drive

Also, being usb 3... chances are your EXTERNAL hdd will have a FASTER transfer rate than internal hdd... odd but true
  6. KA7290181346-ec17-46 Win User

Hard Drive Question

The Xbox One X has a 7200rpm internal hdd - Xone and S use 5200rpm. This makes little difference running games, but, but initial loads may be slightly slower on an external 5200 drive compared to the internal drive of the X, but
    it depends on the game.

I'm getting an Xbox One X and I still intend to use my 1TB external drive for a while yet as it worked fine on my original Xbox One.
    No, it's 5400rpm hdd
Thema:

1. What is the success rate on the One-X after internal HDD replacement? - Similar Threads - success rate internal

2. Borderlands 3 Bug Success 100%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 Bug Success 100%: Hello, I wanted to report and also can get a solution. The latest success of Borderlands 3 and completely bug. I got all the other successes but this one still does not unlock. This is not...
  3. sort success

in XboX Insiders
    sort success: it would be a lot to be able to sort the success for the dlc for example on trials fusion I have no dlc but the game integrates anyway to my success it would be a lot of hidden power all the...
  4. blocked Forza success

in XBoX on Consoles
    blocked Forza success: Forza 7's successes are blocked impossible to unlock I would like it to be unlocked I almost finished my career is nothing has moved how can I do I contacted Xbox and Forza and the two tell me to...
  5. Notifications of success at the top of the screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications of success at the top of the screen?: Hello. I am an Insider member of the Beta version, I will want to know if we can change notifications of success, to appear at the top of the screen. Thanks for your help^^...
  6. blocked success

in XboX Insiders
    blocked success: why my success does not unlock when I've done all I needed submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  7. problem of success

in XboX Insiders
    problem of success: after unlocking a success it does not show up in recent hits I unlocked several and none appear while on the app it tells me well that I have submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  8. Looking for groups, and how to successfully create one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for groups, and how to successfully create one: So the standard Looking for group* (lfg*) features is easy to make one by the following steps we all aware of,...
  9. anyone successfully connect logitech g935 headset to xbox one wirelessly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone successfully connect logitech g935 headset to xbox one wirelessly?: i bought this headset yesterday with the guy at best buy telling me it was wireless. come to find out from logitech its not garuanteed to be wireless on consoles, only pc. i was just curious if...
  10. [Help] Succès bloquer sur mon profil [Translation - Success block on my profile]

in XBoX on Windows
    [Help] Succès bloquer sur mon profil [Translation - Success block on my profile]: Bonjour, je poste ce message dû un souci que j'ai sur mon profil depuis bien trop longtemps. C'est très simple, mes succès reste verrouiller malgré ma progression dans les jeux, mon profil est...