What is wrong with my xBox and/or Router?

Discus and support What is wrong with my xBox and/or Router? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few months ago the household bought another xBox 360, making the count up to 2 now. I noticed, in the next few months, when both xBoxes were online... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by austinmac1999, Jun 18, 2014.

1. What is wrong with my xBox and/or Router?

A few months ago the household bought another xBox 360, making the count up to 2 now. I noticed, in the next few months, when both xBoxes were online and connected, the newer one couldn't connect to a party, no matter if the other one was in one or not.
    The problem consisted with games too. When both were trying to play Grand Theft Auto Online, one or both couldn't connect to a server due to an "Unknown Error". This has become a nuisance. The thing is, the only way both can be in an xBox Live Party if both
    are online is when the older when hosts it. I don't know why, but it seems like with 2 xBoxes online, the router allows less to be done. I remember, from a few weeks ago, that after taking a connection test, our router had what I think is some sort of "NAT
    error", if that helps. The router is through AT&T, if that may help. If anyone has had this problem, or a solution, or both, let me know. I can't be the only one this.

*BY THE WAY* Sometimes, even if only 1 is online, GTA Online will still kick me out due to the same "Unknown Network Error". Same thing with the parties, won't allow entry even if 1 is online. I'm am furious with it now. I can't really game anymore. It is probably
    due to that NAT Error. Thanks

:)

austinmac1999, Jun 18, 2014
  2. What is wrong with my xbox

try restarting your router and modem sounds like its a bit laggy

EXShadow Ninja, Jun 18, 2014
  3. Obsessive Power, Jun 18, 2014
  4. brokeu91 Win User

What is wrong with my xbox

First of all, thanks for replying. I did do some of those things, short of buying an N adapter (I actually have a g/n router at home).

The odd thing is that when I test the connection it almost always comes up as four bars. I'm not really sure what's going on, but it's almost like my xbox has a virus. Is that even possible?
  5. TaintlessZero Win User

What is wrong with my xbox?

Its not the servers. I have had this problem before the server issues I think it is my hardware
  6. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

What is wrong with my xbox?

Hiya!!

Apparently XBOX servers are having some issues right now with various areas. I'm sure that Microsoft is fully aware of the situation and are working on a resolution to correct the problem..

Happy Gaming!!
  7. ttv.Xlsayer5260 Win User

What's wrong with my Xbox?

Okay so I'm doing the reset and I'm doing the part where I need to put in the email and password and for some reason I'm putting in my password, the correct one, and it's saying that it didn't match - even though it worked on the website. I don't know what
    to do.

UPDATE: Never mind I found out how to fix this.
  8. XBF Steven R Win User

What's wrong with my Xbox?

Hey there ttv.Xlsayer5260,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for insight on this problem with your console running the way it should. I understand how this could be puzzling/concerning. I suggest trying the reset before uninstalling the apps first, especially if they're not games
    since that would be the faster troubleshooting step. If reinstalling them doesn't work, then try the soft factory reset as provided by @TAHER TAHER1.

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

What is wrong with my xBox and/or Router?

1. What is wrong with my xBox and/or Router? - Similar Threads - wrong Router

2. Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.: This was an issue fixed by the previous update that's recurred on the latest update. Basically the Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in a different location. I have an...
  3. Wrong email displaying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong email displaying: I really want an explanation to this because it never should have happened and freaked me out. When I went to redeem a game pass code it said "redeem a code, it will be added to *insert email*....
  4. Whats wrong? i owned the game but it wont work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whats wrong? i owned the game but it wont work...: [img] I already owned the game but this showed up. c21b076e-4330-41b7-97ce-52b674c0fbd4
  5. what's wrong with this Microsoft Sudoku picture? how do you finish this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what's wrong with this Microsoft Sudoku picture? how do you finish this?: How does this work? [img] 16755778-f278-4185-8daf-78288b55065d
  6. what did i do wrong?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what did i do wrong?: hello xbox community i have recently been given xbox live enforcment on the 29th july but i didn't violate any rules i was just playing minecraft on my friends realm i didn't swear or be offensive...
  7. xbox market place showing wrong prices

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    xbox market place showing wrong prices: has anyone noticed that the store shows different prices? For example....i looked at the ultimate edition on Breakpoint with said $30 so I when to biy it and it changed to $45, what gives??? It...
  8. Xbox Party Chat Wrong Output

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Party Chat Wrong Output: I like to play Minecraft and use the Xbox Party Chat through the Xbox Console Companion app on Win10 to play and talk with my friends. However, the game audio comes out my headset while the party...
  9. Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest?: I have been tearing my hair out for the past three weeks trying to figure out what my issue is. Here is what is happening. Here is how everything is setup at the moment; Modem to Netgear X4S...
  10. My Xbox sees my router but says the password is wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox sees my router but says the password is wrong: My xbox is able to detect my router but always says the password is wrong when it isnt. This has happened before but went after a while but its happened again and I would like to know how to fix...