What the hell is going on with the Xbox app on PC?

Discus and support What the hell is going on with the Xbox app on PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to play some games and the app seems completely broken. When I try to open it it loads forever on a white screen 5 minutes+ (edit: 10+ minutes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Barna FerencBeres, Nov 26, 2021.

1. What the hell is going on with the Xbox app on PC?

Trying to play some games and the app seems completely broken. When I try to open it it loads forever on a white screen 5 minutes+ (edit: 10+ minutes and counting), then when it finally opens and I try to launch a game it instead opens something completely unrelated in the Microsoft store (I don't remember what it is, but some kind of generic app that's rated 1,9*).

I tried to log-out and log back in and I'm getting an error code and I can't log back in. I'm currently trying to restart Xbox on my PC to check what that error code is, but it's been over 5 minutes (edit: 10+ minutes and counting) and I'm still staring at a white screen.

I wanted to request web-chat for support, but even though it says they have 24/7 web chat I'm only getting an option to post here or to request a telephone callback.

When I requested the telephone callback the virtual agent says 'something went wrong on our end, we're working on it'. I can try again, but that does nothing.

I tried to update my xbox app through the microsoft store, but that crashes when I start looking for updates.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!

:)

Barna FerencBeres, Nov 26, 2021
  2. Arkham99 Win User

What the Hell is Going On?

Because the same problem has come up with other games that aren't EA Games I'd lean towards it being an XBOX Live Profile "authentication" that is somehow related to the latest DVD format that's being targeted for use in future platforms, just uneducated
    speculation on my part, for what it's worth, try signing into XBOXLive AFTER the Main Menu appears, it works like a charm for Arkham City when the same problem came up in that game...:)
  3. ShAid3R Win User

lol. i've seen that message before playing GOW3...i just turned off my console and re started it again.

and for the booting part. yea, earlier i played a match. right after wave one we lost a guy. then on wave 11 we got a new player. wierd
  4. Photonimus Win User

What the hell is going on??

Is this the gamertag you are trying to connect with?

I ask because you say you are still Gold, but the account you are posting with is not.
  5. nialldowney Win User

What the hell is going on??

It looks like you are having a local network issue.

Try going to settings - system - network settings - select your network - configure network - go right to additional settings - and then select restore to factory defaults.

Then switch off the xbox and then your router for a minute. Turn the router back on and when the internet light is solid turn on the xbox and reconnect.

If the connection test runs fine and you get connected but you are still having an issues when signing into your account then go to settings - system - storage - select your hard drive - gamer profiles - select your gamertag and then select delete and then
    delete profile only.

Then press the center button on your controller and then select download profile.

That should clear everything up;.
  6. A Blue Illusion Win User

I've had the problem with the console freezing and forcing me to turn off / restart my console when I get killed in SP, or giving me the dirty disc error which is BS, my disc is spotless. It has been getting progressively worse (happening more and more frequently)
    for me. I got that same message as you, OP, either last night or the night before, can't remember which but it was when playing SP. From what I've gleaned from other posts, it seems to be a problem with EA's servers (there's a big surprise) and something
    about your profile being corrupted during syncing of data between the console and their servers. I guess they're supposed to be working on patching that as well, but don't really know much more than that.
Thema:

What the hell is going on with the Xbox app on PC?

1. What the hell is going on with the Xbox app on PC? - Similar Threads - hell going app

2. Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell Xbox 360 Never Installs for Anyone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell Xbox 360 Never Installs for Anyone: Since I can't find out how to text chat with an official Xbox representative and only get the AI Virtual assistant I thought I'd try posting the problem here: Hello, I have an issue with a...
  3. Raze's Hell for Xbox series X (backward compatible)

in XboX Insiders
    Raze's Hell for Xbox series X (backward compatible): Please make this title backward compatible. I would love to play it on my Xbox series x. How can we get this pushed out? submitted by /u/MathPopular4296 [link] [comments]
  4. what the hell is wrong with microsoft at this point

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what the hell is wrong with microsoft at this point: ok so i have gotten minecraft bedrock edition for free for owning minecraft xbox one edition and i am signed in on the right account on pc but i cant even install it on pc...
  5. Destiny 2 on PC Xbox app, disconnections like from hell

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 on PC Xbox app, disconnections like from hell: Can someone help me with Destiny 2? I have massive disconnections, it's always a different error code. At the moment I regret switching from Xbox to a high-end gaming pc that only causes me...
  6. Cold war physical xbox one on serie x, laggy as hell

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cold war physical xbox one on serie x, laggy as hell: Hi everyone, I bought the xbox one physical one for my serie x ( just saw after one week it was not the real, x/s version... ) and even so it retro compatible. I got severe lag and lil'...
  7. TuneIn app buggy as all hell

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TuneIn app buggy as all hell: when is this app gonna get fixed? it crashes immediately upon launch and has ever since the time the Xbox Series consoles were launched... There is no TuneIn forum for me to ask this question....
  8. Alpha Skip Ahead Updates are Failing. XSX Update Error Loop Hell. Can"t update can't get...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Updates are Failing. XSX Update Error Loop Hell. Can"t update can't get...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ImaginationIll1375 [link] [comments]
  9. Alpha Skip Ahead Updates are Failing. XSX Update Error Loop Hell. Can"t update can't get...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Updates are Failing. XSX Update Error Loop Hell. Can"t update can't get...: I am experiencing a major problem with this last system update for the 3rd time this month. Console XSX is on alpha skip ahead. It's Stuck in a system update loop. The system pushes for an update...
  10. what the hell is going on

in XBoX on Consoles
    what the hell is going on: sit thight we are updateing your x box.wow every week this happens I dont understand. Is the same thing apple did to sell there new phones they shorted battery life now it looks likie the are...