What USB sticks are recognised for offline updates

Discus and support What USB sticks are recognised for offline updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with my xbox which is due to a corrupted update. Unfortuntely I can't get the Xbox to see the USB stick with the offline update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RichardBrooks2, Feb 26, 2021.

1. What USB sticks are recognised for offline updates

Hi

I have a problem with my xbox which is due to a corrupted update. Unfortuntely I can't get the Xbox to see the USB stick with the offline update files.

I have a new Scandisk 256gb USB 3.0 stick formatted to NTFS but the option is greyed out when this is connected to any port of the Xbox.

Can anyone tell me which USB sticks work with the Xbox?

Regards

RIchard

:)

RichardBrooks2, Feb 26, 2021
  2. fewleh Win User

Problems downloading last update

I have repeatedly formatted the HDD... and then rebooted the console with the USB stick in (which has the update unzipped on it) - it now won't recognise this usb stick & update.... I'm pulling my hair out
  3. Benjamin II 17 Win User

Xbox stuck on boot up

Hi Allebas,

I have tried to do a offline update by downloading the update files onto USB and the console would not recognise it or show any indication I could update offline
  4. HulkUK75 Win User

Just restarted an old xbox who's memory I wiped and it refuses to update.

as mentioned above I would try a offline update using USB stick
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Cannot update Xbox Live

Your usb stick must be configured to FAT32 for the 360 to recognise it.
  6. Salambo Win User

There’s a problem with your saved games

Alright, my Xbox is working much better in the short term.

No amount of factory reset, save deletion, profile deletion, etc. would stop my constant flow of save issues and E102/103/105 errors. I couldn’t perform an offline update as the offline update box was always greyed out, no matter how many reformatted usb
    sticks I tried.

I went to the local Microsoft Store and they had what they referred to as a unique offline update on a marked USB stick. My Xbox wouldn’t read it, so we did a number of factory resets and then tried what was apparently a different flavor of this offline
    update stick. That one was read fine and my Xbox has worked fine tonight.

Here’s hoping it stays that way. Thanks for all the help, folks!
Thema:

What USB sticks are recognised for offline updates

1. What USB sticks are recognised for offline updates - Similar Threads - USB sticks are

2. XBOX 360 will not update from USB stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 will not update from USB stick: Hello: I am very frustrated because I have followed the instructions from Microsoft.com (XBOX community) on how to download the latest update for my XBOX 360 onto a USB stick, but my XBOX 360...
  3. Xbox photos to USB stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox photos to USB stick: Im sorry my grammar isnt that good how do i transfer capture recording from my xbox to my usb stick 522c168f-7177-477e-8293-9dbb38e96e3c
  4. How to I add a 3.5mm hole to a Brook Universal USB fight stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to I add a 3.5mm hole to a Brook Universal USB fight stick: Hello I know I have other than usual question that's not being answered an especially fight game website, but if I'm right a joystick I bought for the Xbox One does not have a 3.5 m m chat hole....
  5. Why can I not transfer an Xbox file to a USB stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not transfer an Xbox file to a USB stick: Whenever i try to transfer a file from Xbox to a USB stick, i go onto transfer (by clicking on Xbox hard drive in settings/system/storage) it says what i am transferring from, but doesn't give me...
  6. Can a controller and headset both connect to a single Xbox USB stick on a Windows 10 PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can a controller and headset both connect to a single Xbox USB stick on a Windows 10 PC?: So I use my Xbox controller for a lot of games that I play on my PC. The controller in connected to a xbox usb stick. Now I want to buy a headset (Turtle Beach Stealth 600) but it requires a...
  7. Ripping a cd on 360 to a usb stick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ripping a cd on 360 to a usb stick?: Hi, Can a rip a music cd from my xbox 360 to a usb memory stick? my mac computer no longer has a cd and i want to add a bunch of cds to itunes. figuring out a way to rip music cds quickly....
  8. How to move DVR Videos to an USB Stick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move DVR Videos to an USB Stick?: My Question is Simple and also makes me wonder if Microsoft completely ignored this possibility whilst Programming \ Configuring the Xbox one OS. I have to ask this question because of a minor...
  9. Usb Sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb Sticks: Can you give me the list of usb sticks that are compatible with the xbox 360 please? 1c7f45ea-b2ff-4f02-87e7-69419fa49494
  10. Usb Stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb Stick: If a usb stick is not xbox supported will the files go hidden if i put game game data files there because all my grand theft auto v data and watch dogs data went there and it went hidden what...