What will Happen to Downloading if the connection goes out

Discus and support What will Happen to Downloading if the connection goes out in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; What will Happen to Downloading if the connection goes out What will happen to the game I am downloading if the connection goes out.Will the game... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by LockedArtist816, Jan 16, 2018.

1. What will Happen to Downloading if the connection goes out

What will happen to the game I am downloading if the connection goes out.Will the game downloads from beginning Or from the point the connection is lost.If I pause the download and switch Xbox one off will it restart from beginning?

:)

LockedArtist816, Jan 16, 2018
  2. MissyQ
    MissyQ Guest
    interrutped connection

That isn't true, no. What might be happening is the router needs to be properly power cycled every time the connection goes out. What is the router and modem that you have in the house?

MissyQ, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Xbox one mandatory 24 hour check in question???!!!!!

Ok smartasses I'm asking what if your power goes out and you can't connect I know you won't be able to play it but the mandatory thing is still there I'm asking what happen if you can't connect it

CeReal KiLLeRXI, Jan 16, 2018
  4. MissyQ Win User

interrutped connection

That isn't true, no. What might be happening is the router needs to be properly power cycled every time the connection goes out. What is the router and modem that you have in the house?
  5. CeReal KiLLeRXI Win User

Xbox one mandatory 24 hour check in question???!!!!!

Ok smartasses I'm asking what if your power goes out and you can't connect I know you won't be able to play it but the mandatory thing is still there I'm asking what happen if you can't connect it
  6. Abdullah_11 Win User

What happens if the electricity goes off?

It will pause the download and make the Xbox simply go to Energy Saving Mode then when you reopen the xbox you will resume the download :)
  7. Saeleth Win User

Should your power shut off mid-download, the XBox would resume download once it is started again and performs any needed system checks to ensure that the system storage has not been damaged.
  8. GreyStormGaming Win User

In 99% of cases, it will resume from where it left. However, once I was downloading Fortnite and the power went off, when it got back, the game resumed the download normally, but when I launched it, it didn't work and I had to redownload the game.
Thema:

1. What will Happen to Downloading if the connection goes out - Similar Threads - Happen Downloading connection

2. Downloaded Games disappeared, shows in history but nothing happens when selected in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Games disappeared, shows in history but nothing happens when selected in...: Hi I downloaded and played games on my 360. Recently, I purchased an xbox x and signed in with the same login on my 360. Some of my 360 games appeared on the xbox x but I never downloaded them. I...
  3. Cannot download Wolfensten II on Xbox App (beta) After windows update. Doesn't happen to...

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot download Wolfensten II on Xbox App (beta) After windows update. Doesn't happen to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/alanw707 [link] [comments]
  4. can't download anything "try again later something happened on our end"

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download anything "try again later something happened on our end": I have contacted xbox support multiple times now and they always tell me my issue is going to be escalated to their engineers and I will be contacted on a certain date... yet I'm never contacted....
  5. what happens to partial download when you accidently hit purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what happens to partial download when you accidently hit purchase: i was downloading gta5 on xboxones and was at 94% and went to continue downloading and hit the buy button, can the 94% download be retrieved. It never asked if i wanted to delete...
  6. can´t download the latest update same thing happened with the update last week and it made it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can´t download the latest update same thing happened with the update last week and it made it ...: there is something wrong with the latest update 70c2d602-6f08-42c1-b0ca-64044ff88850
  7. Downloading apps and nothing happens

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading apps and nothing happens: Not the most tech saavy person here...My kids are at home playing on the Xbox 1, and downloaded the Lego Batman 3 Season Pass yesterday. I told them to wait 24 hours and they did. When they try...
  8. Nothing does happen - download of daily challenge is not working!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nothing does happen - download of daily challenge is not working!!!: I have posted this problem few days ago but nothing haeppened: NO respond! NO change in functionality No, No, No,.... 23821fa0-cace-44af-a607-425263c2e68b
  9. High download rate, nothing happening in the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High download rate, nothing happening in the store: According to task manager, I am downloading at almost 200 mbps. Store is stuck at 300 MB. Wat? Someone else experiencing this? f627026b-ec24-4e54-ba62-327e564fb522
  10. What will happen if downloading a digital game power goes out and XBox turns off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What will happen if downloading a digital game power goes out and XBox turns off?: If I am downloading a digital game for example Forsaken Horizan 3. And my internet speed is slow.If the power goes out and my Xbox switches out.Will the Downloadin restart.If I pause and switches...