What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital...

Discus and support What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I'm sure people have pondered this idea before but wanting people's feedback if Microsoft was to offer some sort of buy back program for digital copy... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by LaheysAlcohol, Apr 10, 2019.

1. What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital...

I'm sure people have pondered this idea before but wanting people's feedback if Microsoft was to offer some sort of buy back program for digital copy games. We all know that Gamestop does it for our physical copies, but what if Microsoft offered a better
    interpretation for our digital purposes?

:)

LaheysAlcohol, Apr 10, 2019
  2. LordCthuhlu117 Win User

What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital trade-in for credit in the marketplace?

This would be a good idea if it was well implemented, but when is used to go to EB Games I would get pennies on the dollar for games. Another thing would be that there would have to be a set return price as factors like disc quality don't factor into the
    amount you would get back. I'm sure there might be some problems with digital licenses and there would have to be some preventative measure to prevent people from trading in other peoples games if they were gamesharing. I would recommend some form of email
    2-step identification in case someone else signed into your account or someone logged on to your console so they can't pawn off all of your games.
  3. LaheysAlcohol Win User

What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital trade-in for credit in the marketplace?

Personally, I would be interested in seeing what a digital buyback program looks like on Xbox. I still look to Gamestop when the preowned copy of a title I was only semi-interested in, hits a dollar amount I'm comfortable paying. Lately, however, I've noticed
    that the Xbox sales have become much more competitive and am starting to lead towards all digital. The problem becomes, now I own digital copies of all these titles I will play through once and likely never touch again. I think it'd be cool to be able to "turn
    in" the digital copy for credit on my account instead of holding on to a license forever.
    I'm right there with you on your statement. I have over 300 plus games and I only touch maybe a 1/10th of all those games, if that.
  4. DerVaddi Win User

hi. i don't think the idea behind it is bad. it would be nice if you could return the games. the question is then only the price. see if it will be announced soon. i'm curious.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Yes the previous original xbox os

Before the 300'k xbox "fans aka bloggers" got the info wrong and signed the petition and costed phil harrison his job

It allowed 48 hour loan of a digital game as long as you were playing too

And for a small.fee a one time transfer

Also you no longer needed the disk you installed and put away the disk

However ms said it may come back one day but we havwnt seen it

The only way this would work if they checked and confirmed you deleted it

As proven with thr 300k signatories its doubtful.anyone or any company will attempt it again considering the backlash

Qnd it costed.xbox.the lead in the next gen wars because people still point out the always on drm thats gone

Gameshare is still available but even then people are always complaining about not being able to abuse the system by not being able.to share their games snd stay offline and yes thete are many posts
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Thema:

What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital...

1. What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital... - Similar Threads - What's everyone's thoughts

2. What’s everyone’s opinion of the Xbox store?

in XboX Insiders
    What’s everyone’s opinion of the Xbox store?: What’s everyone’s opinion on the new look of the Xbox store View Poll submitted by /u/richturds7 [link] [comments]
  3. What does everyone think of the new Manage Game page? (Highlight game/app > press View/Back)

in XboX Insiders
    What does everyone think of the new Manage Game page? (Highlight game/app > press View/Back): I like the new look, but it's harder to manage add-ons now. The uninstall page is also a little confusing. submitted by /u/Filthy_Firestarter [link] [comments]
  4. What games does everyone enjoy playing with their family or friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    What games does everyone enjoy playing with their family or friends: I enjoy Mario Kart and Monopoly with family members. e6bed4d0-54a7-48b3-bb90-f1ac721a6438
  5. What is everyone's favorite first person shooter or 3rd person shooter and why

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is everyone's favorite first person shooter or 3rd person shooter and why: My favorite game is halo 5 8f55c26a-4b76-4613-8f04-24181b709481
  6. What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend (17 - 19 January 2020)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend (17 - 19 January 2020): I will mostly be playing some Destiny 2 and probably streaming it on mixer. cb170a1e-f1c6-4bec-99a0-bfaa4b4cece6
  7. What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend? (10-12 January 2020)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend? (10-12 January 2020): I'll be mainly flitting between playing through get and completing my pokedex on Pokemon sword. 91eebdb1-350f-4633-ae4b-ef1609564714
  8. What's Everyone Playing This Weekend (03/01 - 05/01)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's Everyone Playing This Weekend (03/01 - 05/01): I've been playing GTA V and Minecraft and intend on trying other games too. Happy Gaming! 559489de-d7bb-4684-8f47-8c5a43497b85
  9. So what are everyone's thoughts on Titanfall 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So what are everyone's thoughts on Titanfall 2?: personally I like it, but I think more customization would have been cool. What are your guys thoughts on the game, likes, dislikes 4976f456-eea0-40ff-8935-b27ea3abf78d
  10. So what's everyone's thoughts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So what's everyone's thoughts?: On the xbox e3 pre show? Some nice stuff right there for sure! 0c40f28c-8bf3-42f6-ae50-3995b519182c