What's the Best Storage increase for XBOX SERIES X Console

Discus and support What's the Best Storage increase for XBOX SERIES X Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there so I just got the XBOX SERIES X console and I didn't realize I needed more storage for my games and apps so I look into the new Seagate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArkhamKnight270, Jun 18, 2021.

1. What's the Best Storage increase for XBOX SERIES X Console

Hi there so I just got the XBOX SERIES X console and I didn't realize I needed more storage for my games and apps so I look into the new Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S because I assume it was meant for the XBOX SERIES X but I didn’t realize how really expensive it was. So I look into the External HardDrive, SSD, memory cards, and Seagate Storage Expansion. I look into them all but they all work differently and some of them don’t really affect the XBOX SERIES X perfectly. I can’t even tell how they all work. And what’s the difference between them all. So, I wanted to know of your guy’s option of which one is the best number 1 that would definitely work for the XBOX SERIES X and have no issues with it at all. And what you guys knowns the differences between them all.

Please let me know if you can.

Thank You,

Tylan Hasten

:)

ArkhamKnight270, Jun 18, 2021
  2. s33r Win User

The biggest difference is that if you want to play the Series X/S version of games they must be installed on the internal SSD or the Seagate SSD Expansion card. They cannot be installed on an external USB 3.0 drive, Quick Resume will also not work with any external USB drive. Previous generation games can still be launched from an external drive.

Personally I have the Seagate expansion SSD and prefer the speed and convenience it offers knowing that no matter what I'm installing the best version of the game and able to use all the enhancements that comes from playing on a Series X. It's worth noting that for the price, it's not much more that some of the high performances SSDs available for PC but it is definitely not cheap.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

External SSD on Xbox Series X?

The games on the SSD will run fine on it. You won't need to move them to the Xbox Series X storage to play them. Only the Xbox Series X games & games optimized for Series X will need to be played on the consoles own storage.
  4. JosephG7 Win User
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

You can or should be able to use it for the Series X but i don't recommend running your games from it,

as you wont get the fast loading or fast travel time of what the Series X custom NVMe SSD is capable of,

It's best to use any external HDD or SSD for just game storage and transfer you most played games onto the Series X NVMe SSD.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

My series x won’t load backwards compatible games like

Hi Jaden,

This is one of the known issues on the Series X|S consoles

Known issue: Some users are experiencing issues launching Xbox 360 games, which instead return the user back to the Home screen on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Workaround: Clear your Xbox 360 storage by going to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local Xbox 360 storage.

Hope this helps! :)
Thema:

1. What's the Best Storage increase for XBOX SERIES X Console - Similar Threads - What's Best Storage

2. What's the best build for a Ranger in Baldur's Gate 1 EE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the best build for a Ranger in Baldur's Gate 1 EE?: I just got The Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate on XBOX and I've been meaning to roll a Ranger. However I've never played one before and I wanna know what is the best type of build for one. I'm...
  3. What is the best game to play when you are sad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the best game to play when you are sad?: what is the game that always cheers youo up from a bad day?, do you like to play solo or online?, well in my case my favorite game to play when im sad is minecraft because it brings me nostalgia...
  4. What’s the best headset for original Xbox one? Price doesn’t matter.

in XboX Insiders
    What’s the best headset for original Xbox one? Price doesn’t matter.: What’s the best headset for original Xbox one? Price doesn’t matter. I’m trying to decide between A50, LS50, Arctis pro, and Audeze mobius. Open to other suggestions. Wired or wireless doesn’t...
  5. What's the best monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    What's the best monitor: What's the best monitor for Xbox series X curved price range 900-1700 prefer 35 inches and up please any suggestions welcome.. Drop me amazon link thank you acc417d7-2a19-45b5-8e69-1550fb57e14e
  6. What is the best way to send Microsoft suggestions? Have a few for them about gamepass and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to send Microsoft suggestions? Have a few for them about gamepass and...: Would like to suggest a return of the Xbox Live Family plan, with ultimate gamepass. We have 4 Xbox Ones in our household. aa96e84e-e34b-420b-bd72-990aecbbcde3
  7. What is the best solution to my problem? Please help??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best solution to my problem? Please help??: I had a single account on my Xbox live account. I let my children play on it now they have advanced in games and don't want to lose there purchases and the levels that they have gotten to, but I...
  8. What are best recommendations or suggestions for CyberPunk 2077 in-game HDR settings on...

in XboX Insiders
    What are best recommendations or suggestions for CyberPunk 2077 in-game HDR settings on...: Anyone have any good recommendations or suggestions of what are best HDR settings for CyberPunk 2077 in game settings. submitted by /u/xArkSlade08x [link] [comments]
  9. What is the best in-game gift for game Players Unknown Battlefield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the best in-game gift for game Players Unknown Battlefield: Hi, I am not a gamer, but my husband is obsessed with this game. Please can someone help me how could I buy him something like exclusive guns or whatever that otherwise he can't use when he plays?...
  10. What is the best external storage device for the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best external storage device for the Xbox One: I Have exceeded the amount of space on to my Xbox and now I am looking for a quality trybyte and I need a recommendation 3aeea59a-a564-432c-b4b7-27df4a3f38fc