What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?

Discus and support What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've always wondered this as I'm never sure what to set FoV to in games that let you change it like Borderlands 3 or Battlefield. I usually sit on my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MasterkillerX, Jan 13, 2020.

1. What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?

I've always wondered this as I'm never sure what to set FoV to in games that let you change it like Borderlands 3 or Battlefield. I usually sit on my bed 4 feet (almost exactly) from my 32 inch monitor. I imagine resolution isn't a factor, just sitting distance and screen size, right? I'd like to know where I should put FoV at for all games. I'm thinking lower like around 75-80, but any suggestions or insight is appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/MasterkillerX
    [link] [comments]

/u/MasterkillerX, Jan 13, 2020
  2. marknally Win User

What's the minimum size TV I can get to enjoy 1080p on Xbox One?

I'm going to go against the flow here, I recently picked up a 50" for gaming and sit about 2ft away, looks awesome to me lol.

I also have a 40" in the lounge for TV which I sit about 4ft away from that's great too.
  3. J.R.G. Win User

What's the minimum size TV I can get to enjoy 1080p on Xbox One?

A lot would probably depend on your eyesight. I mostly game on a 32" and sit about 5' to 6' away; if I'm playing on the 55",probably 10' away. My friend has a 73" and is sits about 6' to 7' away from the screen, while wearing glasses no less...much to close
    for my tastes. Lol.

Peace, J.R.
  4. BrianGunter Win User

TV size

I sit about 9 feet away from my 82" TV... Can't imagine sitting that far from a 32" TV though.
  5. DanielCoon Win User

Advise on the new kinect, plz?

I hope this is better, due to being short sighted I tend to sit right in front of the TV (like 2ft away) if I sit on the sofa it will be about 4ft, will it be ok for that. If not I may have to look at wall mounting it behind the TV that would be about 6ft
    away then and much higher up.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Monitors and tv

Its depends on how much room / space and budget one has,

for an Xbox One X,

Ideally its worth getting a 4K screen, for a TV i would say anything beyond 32", and a Monitor, anything beyond 27",

I myself have a Samsung 50" 4K HDR TV, and a Asus 27" 4K Monitor,

I use my TV for 4K movies and the Monitor for 4K gaming on.
Thema:

What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?

1. What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor? - Similar Threads - What's ideal FoV

2. Has my account been hacked or what has happened?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has my account been hacked or what has happened?: I use MS Solitaire Collection on PC and Laptop. Today on the PC when I logged in it came up with "TurqoiseBasil24" as the user name and the wrong number of games played. On the laptop it came up...
  3. Has my account been hacked or what?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has my account been hacked or what?: I use MS Solitaire Collection on PC and Laptop. Today on the PC when I logged in it came up with "TurqoiseBasil24" as the user name and the wrong number of games played. On the laptop it came up...
  4. Whats with these slick ui or alpha ring?

in XboX Insiders
    Whats with these slick ui or alpha ring?: Hello! Just wantet to ask everybody whats with these new xbox designs? and i read something with omega and delta. Can anybody maybe help me with this because it looks really cool this design. I...
  5. What does this mean and how do I fix it

in XboX Insiders
    What does this mean and how do I fix it: [IMG] submitted by /u/MasterChief04LB [link] [comments]
  6. What Category is GamePass in from the Report a Problem app?

in XboX Insiders
    What Category is GamePass in from the Report a Problem app?: I ran into a problem with GamePass and the new Store but can’t find GamePass in any of the categories from the report a problem app. If it’s not in there I’ll just select Store since I’m not...
  7. What happens to my existing Game Pass Ultimate subscription if I get All Access

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    What happens to my existing Game Pass Ultimate subscription if I get All Access: So, I have over 30 months of Game Pass Ultimate pre-paid. I do not have to make a subscription payment till 2023. I now want to get All Access but that is a 24 month commitment. It is my...
  8. I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know what to do.: Ive been trying to update my xbox with the latest update since yesterday at 4pm and i know its not a network issue and i even did a whole factory reset and it still wont force the update and still...
  9. Xbox Series Pre-Orders, so disappointed with MS, what a was of 2 hours of my time that I...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Series Pre-Orders, so disappointed with MS, what a was of 2 hours of my time that I...: Signed up for twitter.. got the notifications days in advance 11 EST Signed into my microsoft account 15 minutes before and pressed the freaking refresh button twice a minute. Jumped into the...
  10. What is your Ideal Game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is your Ideal Game?: I would create a version of gta that is set in the UK 2ca269a9-8c17-445c-8257-3794d0b1e5d2