What’s wrong with my Keyboard on my Xbox?

Discus and support What’s wrong with my Keyboard on my Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is my problem. When I’m trying to type a sign on Minecraft, it won’t let me select what line to type on. Like when I click return, instead of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EmeraldPlayzMXR, Aug 15, 2022.

1. What’s wrong with my Keyboard on my Xbox?

This is my problem. When I’m trying to type a sign on Minecraft, it won’t let me select what line to type on. Like when I click return, instead of moving down to the next line, it makes me get out of the sign. What’s wrong with my Xbox keyboard?

:)

EmeraldPlayzMXR, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi EmeraldPlayzMXR, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We just need to perform troubleshooting steps.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Also, if that didn't work and you have another keyboard that you can try, that would be great.
  3. Yuyuyuy Win User

What's wrong with my controller?

I haven't tried it with another controller (yet), but my keyboard works perfectly fine when I connect it to my Xbox, but only if I turn off my controller.

While the controller is powered on my keyboard has the same problems as the controller.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my controller.
  4. Righteous Angel Win User

What's wrong with my console?

If your console is over a year old and out of warranty then your on your own mate.

All anyone can do is point you to the help pages and offer the usual advice.

Sadly It would seem this hardware is not built to last.
  5. Jacyintha Win User

what's wrong with my profile??

It might be something with your hardware. If you can, try downloading your profile to a usb and see if it still happens.
  6. VibroPlex Win User

What's wrong with my profile?

Power surges, power spikes, brownouts and other natural events can scramble, ever so slightly, the contents of that profile.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support
    http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's
    Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.
Thema:

1. What’s wrong with my Keyboard on my Xbox? - Similar Threads - What’s wrong Keyboard

2. What is wrong with Spotify on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX on Windows
    What is wrong with Spotify on my Xbox series x?: I've always used my series x to play Spotify. I have a 7.1 channel system that I have invested quite a bit of money in. It's always sounded really decent and output sound from all speakers. I use...
  3. What’s wrong with Xbox not Working on Xbox 360? While they just work on the Xbox One and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s wrong with Xbox not Working on Xbox 360? While they just work on the Xbox One and...: Why Can’t you and the Xbox team Work on Xbox 360 and why have you stopped progressing it with the new generation Xbox and Xbox one. When you got the Xbox App for those who want to really use it...
  4. i redeemed a fortnite card but redeemed it on the wrong platform what do i do

in XBoX on Windows
    i redeemed a fortnite card but redeemed it on the wrong platform what do i do: i redeemed a fortnite card but redeemed it on the wrong platform what do i do 62f49da1-3629-4fcf-9656-1fec7fcdc43c
  5. I bought money for gta 5 but bought the wrong Xbox series money and can’t get a refund what...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought money for gta 5 but bought the wrong Xbox series money and can’t get a refund what...: I bought money for gta 5 but bought the wrong Xbox series money and can’t get a refund what do I do 420f7f1c-1373-4b14-9154-da968499f82c
  6. what is wrong how do i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is wrong how do i fix it?: So my xbox one keeps shutting down almost right of boot up and what refresh when on long enough to connect to the internet i tried changing the plugs and hdmi. I even tried factory resetting. It...
  7. What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my Xbox accessories app?: What is wrong with xbox accessories my controller is fine but the profiles are screwed I can maintain my settings in game. Disabling steam xbox support doesn't help. I've tried reinstalling. Im...
  8. What is wrong whit my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is wrong whit my account: What is wrong whit my account 845a0226-97b3-488c-95fa-2cf9602d9308
  9. What Is Wrong With Microsoft/Xbox???

in XBoX on Consoles
    What Is Wrong With Microsoft/Xbox???: There are a few major concerns. Not only is it impossible to find a Xbox Series X anywhere. (Scalpers) But when you get lucky enough to find one. They just don't last. It seems the whole entire...
  10. What if someone was out to get me and filed wrongfully complaints on me to get me xbox live...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What if someone was out to get me and filed wrongfully complaints on me to get me xbox live...: What if someone was out to get me and filed wrongfully complaints on me to get me xbox live banned and what if I know who it is cuz right not I am xbox live banned...