Wheel/controller app connectivity

Discus and support Wheel/controller app connectivity in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. My Thrustmaster wheel is listed as 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' in device manger, with no obvious driver issues. The Xbox Accessories app asks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by great78white, May 31, 2019.

1. great78white
    great78white Guest

Hi. My Thrustmaster wheel is listed as 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' in device manger, with no obvious driver issues. The Xbox Accessories app asks to connect an Xbox One controller, and I get no further than that. Is there an older version of the app/drivers
    specifically for a 360 controller, or do they share functionality on Win 10?

Forza Apex recognises the wheel, but I believe a lot of the settings are done through the controller app? Forza Horizon 4 won't recognise the wheel, so I'm driving with keys for now.

What can I do to get the wheel and controller app to sync?

Thanks.

:)

great78white, May 31, 2019
  2. great78white Win User

Hi. I got an Xbox One controller adaptor, and the wheel is now detected when I connect it through that. I still have a slight deadzone though, in any game without a calibration screen. Is this standard for a default One/360 controller?

Thanks.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

What's the specific model of the Thrustmaster wheel that you're using? Was this originally a 360 peripheral? That can help us further troubleshoot what specific steps we need to take or if it's compatible and able to use on PC.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there great78white,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox forums. I recommend to try the following resources:

• For in-game technical issues and FAQs, visit the
      Forza Support
      page.
    • For in-game issues or to speak with fans and experts on the game, visit Turn 10’s

Forza Horizon 4
      forum

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. great78white Win User

The wheel is recognised as an Xbox 360 Controller in Test Drive Unlimited 2, so it's an issue in Xbox specific apps like the Applications or Forza. It's not the TX version of the wheel, so doesn't need the firmware. Is there a way of resetting any Xbox
    for Windows settings?
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Thema:

1. Wheel/controller app connectivity - Similar Threads - Wheel controller app

2. Controller / Wheel no longer working on Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Controller / Wheel no longer working on Beta: As of 10/12/21, my thrustmaster and one of two controllers no longer connect to the xbox. The controller simply does not connect after the latest upgrade and no workarounds have solved this. The...
  3. Xbox series X and wheel controler thrustmaster

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X and wheel controler thrustmaster: Dear all, In xbox one only 9 buttons here recognized due to the microsoft controler number of buttons. It is a know limitation from the xbox one since 2011 when I bought my thrustmaster wheel....
  4. Can a steering wheel be connected to Xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a steering wheel be connected to Xbox adaptive controller?: hi there i am interested in the adaptive controller to connect a steering wheel for crash bandicoot. It is much easier for a one handed person to use the steering wheel and xbox one doesnt...
  5. Configuring controls on Xbox Steering wheel

in XBoX Accessibility
    Configuring controls on Xbox Steering wheel: The xbox home button is sticky on my steering wheel which makes it unplayable because the “turn console off” menu keeps appearing, is there a way I can set the home button to another button on the...
  6. Cannot select wheel controls in Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One X with Logitech g920

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot select wheel controls in Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One X with Logitech g920: Hi all, I´m quite new to sim racing. I recently bought an Xbox One X with a Logitech G920 wheel and pedals. Here´s my issue: When playing for example F1 2019 or Forza Motorsport 7, my Logitech...
  7. XBox controller vibration when using steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox controller vibration when using steering wheel: Hi, I recently bought a steering wheel and pedal set for my xbox to do some racing, but it doesn't have any vibration or force feedback. I'm wondering is there any way to make the xbox...
  8. Using a Headset while Xbox controller is plugged into a steering wheel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a Headset while Xbox controller is plugged into a steering wheel: Hi there, i recently bought a wheel too use on my xbox, & when i plug in my headset into my controller, it doesn't work. But without having the wheel connected too the controller, it works...
  9. Xbox Adaptive Controller Wheel Support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller Wheel Support: Can the Xbox one adaptive controller can be connected to a Racing Wheel (in my case a Logitech G920) and a second usb controller (one I use is created by 3drap and is called "hand controller".)....
  10. Copilot with other controllers/wheels

in XBoX on Consoles
    Copilot with other controllers/wheels: Can copilot be used with any other type of controller apart from the official wireless controller? This would be great to have when using a wheel but it never picks up the wheel when trying to...