When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold...

Discus and support When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What happens in this scenario: A user has Game Pass & Gold (or Game Pass Ultimate, which is my current subscription). A game is available on Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Team211, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:13 AM.

1. Team211
    Team211 Guest

What happens in this scenario:

A user has Game Pass & Gold (or Game Pass Ultimate, which is my current subscription).

A game is available on Game Pass & is currently free with Games for Gold.

If you download the game, is it a Game Pass game that you can only use while having a Game Pass account?

Or is it a Gold game, that you "own" as long as you have a Gold account?

Or both?

An example of this is Gears 4. It's been a Game Pass game for awhile now.

It went up as free on Gold this month.

I downloaded the game ( I downloaded through the Games with Gold section on a PC to be installed on Xbox).

The game appears in the Game Pass section of my console but not the Games with Gold section.

Does my account see this game as a Game Pass game? Or a Games with Gold free game that I "own?"

If in the future I no longer had Game Pass Ultimate, but was subscribed to Gold, would I "own" the game still?

I realize this question is on the nitpicky side, so my apologies. I'm curious if there's a definitive answer for this.

Thanks for reading.

:)

2. Buachaill Dona Win User

Hi there,

If you open the mobile companion app, and open the store in app, swipe left twice to the GWG section. You should be able to get the game from there as part of the GWG offer, and it'll appear in both areas in my games and apps.
  3. tejo chase Win User

This isnt a new thing, I have a few games for gold games that show up as game pass games.

Also any of my games that i actually own (physical disc versions) also show up as game pass games if they are in game pass, but that just means i don't have to put the disc in too play them. I assume that when such games are removed from game pass ill just
    have to revert to putting the disc back in the drive to play.
  4. ngocphi Win User

The gamepass and the gold.marketplace are completely different sections

If you goto.the games with gold marketplace you can download from.there

Gamepass has its.own special section

Keep.in mind your account must.be actual gold for.xbox 360 games.with gold as homegold only applies to.xbox one

Gamepass only applies to.the purchasing account

This doesnt apply to xgu of course
  5. Tarnend Win User

Hi there,

If you open the mobile companion app, and open the store in app, swipe left twice to the GWG section. You should be able to get the game from there as part of the GWG offer, and it'll appear in both areas in my games and apps.
    this is the method that worked perfectly for me :)
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Dont worry about appearing in Xbox Game Pass tab, looks like a bug in the operative system and isn't happening just with Gears of War 4, at least I experienced that bug with other games. If you went to "Buy" when was in his gold time you always will be
    available to play while you have a Xbox Live Gold subscription active.
Thema:

1. When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold... - Similar Threads - game Game Pass

2. Why am i still being billed for xbox game pass when i let it just go

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i still being billed for xbox game pass when i let it just go: I aint paying your [mod removed ]$40 for a service you wont let me use if im gonna pay $40 [mod removed] dollars for it than i want [mod removed] pass ultimate with the rest of the months free...
  3. Xbox Game Pass üyeliğimi iptal etmeyi unuttum.[Translation-I forgot to cancel my Xbox Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass üyeliğimi iptal etmeyi unuttum.[Translation-I forgot to cancel my Xbox Game...: 4 gün önce faturalandırılmış gözüküyor ama hesapta hiç bişey yapmadım 177tl ödenmemiş gözüküyor iptal de edemiyorum yalvarırım yardım edin ödeyemem eğer ödemezsem ne olur? [Translation-It looks...
  4. Xbox Game Pass for PC: Slay the Spire Virus

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC: Slay the Spire Virus: So I joined the Xbox Game pass for PC a couple of weeks ago. Everything was okay. I played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and finished it without complications. Today I downloaded Slay the Spire...
  5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Olá Microsoft, eu gostaria de adquirir o Xbox Game Pass Ultimate por 2 meses que sai pelo valor de R$2, quando vou efetuar a compra vocês pedem outro método de Pagamento ex : Cartão de Crédito,...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Past Due Amount?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Past Due Amount?: Hello Members. I purchased the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for one month with a promotional price of $1.00 on 11th June 2019. That time I didn't select for continuing my subscription and this payment...
  7. Ultimate game pass payment's

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ultimate game pass payment's: I have two diffrent pay dates and amou [img] nts for the ultimate? [img] 780cc82b-972e-4253-ab82-bda802409ca9
  8. game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass: If I have game pass, should I have to pay for the same game on my second Xbox? a932b38c-31d3-40c7-96ff-2232daef82e1
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC Mysterious Refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC Mysterious Refund: Hello, I've been paying for the PC Game Pass since its release and have my payment set to just take out of my account. Everything's been fine until today, when I received an email saying my...
  10. Can't "buy" games with gold game because I have game pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't "buy" games with gold game because I have game pass?: So I recently upgraded to the Ultimate gamepass xbox live sub. I now find that since I have gamepass which I did not before, I can no longer "buy" the free game with gold if it's also a game...