When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold...

Discus and support When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What happens in this scenario: A user has Game Pass & Gold (or Game Pass Ultimate, which is my current subscription). A game is available on Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Team211, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Team211
    Team211 Guest

What happens in this scenario:

A user has Game Pass & Gold (or Game Pass Ultimate, which is my current subscription).

A game is available on Game Pass & is currently free with Games for Gold.

If you download the game, is it a Game Pass game that you can only use while having a Game Pass account?

Or is it a Gold game, that you "own" as long as you have a Gold account?

Or both?

An example of this is Gears 4. It's been a Game Pass game for awhile now.

It went up as free on Gold this month.

I downloaded the game ( I downloaded through the Games with Gold section on a PC to be installed on Xbox).

The game appears in the Game Pass section of my console but not the Games with Gold section.

Does my account see this game as a Game Pass game? Or a Games with Gold free game that I "own?"

If in the future I no longer had Game Pass Ultimate, but was subscribed to Gold, would I "own" the game still?

I realize this question is on the nitpicky side, so my apologies. I'm curious if there's a definitive answer for this.

Thanks for reading.

:)

Team211, Aug 13, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

Bought a Xbox One and the Game Pass came expired

hi, when you say that the game pass and gold have expired when you received your Xbox One, are you referring to the free trials?

have you ever used a free trial for Gold or Game Pass on your account before?
  3. Buachaill Dona Win User

Hi there,

If you open the mobile companion app, and open the store in app, swipe left twice to the GWG section. You should be able to get the game from there as part of the GWG offer, and it'll appear in both areas in my games and apps.
  4. tejo chase Win User

This isnt a new thing, I have a few games for gold games that show up as game pass games.

Also any of my games that i actually own (physical disc versions) also show up as game pass games if they are in game pass, but that just means i don't have to put the disc in too play them. I assume that when such games are removed from game pass ill just
    have to revert to putting the disc back in the drive to play.
  5. ngocphi Win User

The gamepass and the gold.marketplace are completely different sections

If you goto.the games with gold marketplace you can download from.there

Gamepass has its.own special section

Keep.in mind your account must.be actual gold for.xbox 360 games.with gold as homegold only applies to.xbox one

Gamepass only applies to.the purchasing account

This doesnt apply to xgu of course
  6. Tarnend Win User

Hi there,

If you open the mobile companion app, and open the store in app, swipe left twice to the GWG section. You should be able to get the game from there as part of the GWG offer, and it'll appear in both areas in my games and apps.
    this is the method that worked perfectly for me :)
Thema:

1. When a game is on Game Pass and free on Games with Gold... - Similar Threads - game Game Pass

2. Spotify Code For Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify Code For Ultimate Game Pass: Have not been sent the code via xbox messages The box under game pass hub is not there How do I get my code a31355db-a4d7-491f-baa8-e89fd7cd83bc
  3. Problem with the button: "Add to play later" in Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with the button: "Add to play later" in Xbox Game Pass: Hi, I don't have a button on my profile "Add to play Later" in Xbox Game Pass. I have two profiles on the console: mine and my girlfriend, example in the attachment. [img] [img]...
  4. Xbox Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Ultimate Game Pass: Hi everyone, I purchased the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass in December as part of the $1 for 3 month promotion that was going on and I'm trying to redeem one of the perks (the free 6 months of Spotify)...
  5. Charge standard rates when a new subscription deal was on offer ie $1 ultimate game pass...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Charge standard rates when a new subscription deal was on offer ie $1 ultimate game pass...: Offered $1 ultimate game pass but then was charge the standard fee why was this f9749b7f-395c-430f-84df-fcb6adc3bd13
  6. Xbox Game Pass App in the latest Skip Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass App in the latest Skip Ahead update: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  7. I uninstalled my mkxl because of game pass replacing the disc version and making the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I uninstalled my mkxl because of game pass replacing the disc version and making the...: GamePass sucks. It replaced my MKXL disc version with DLC with a downloaded version with no dlc and now i uninstalled and reinstalling it from MS store while my disc in the console. However i am...
  8. Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass: Fiz a assinatura do GamePass Ultimate, porem nenhum dos jogos inicia no meu xbox one, alguém sabe oque pode ser? I signed up for GamePass Ultimate, but none of the games start on my xbox one,...
  9. Game Pass. Metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass. Metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain.: Hi I downloaded this game on game pass but am not getting any progress beyond mission 6 (where do the bees sleep). Can someone tell me if the game pass download is restricted to only 6 missions?...
  10. DLC purchases and Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    DLC purchases and Game Pass: Hi, i read today that if you buy DLC for a base game that you only have access to via Game Pass and then subsequently the base game is either removed or your subscription ends, you need to...