When are we gonna be able to preload this?

Discus and support When are we gonna be able to preload this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ps4 users were able to preoreder their digital versions since 10-7. So whats the deal on xbox one? I get that rockstar is partial to pS, but it seems... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BIGWORM380, Oct 18, 2014.

1. BIGWORM380
    BIGWORM380 Guest

Ps4 users were able to preoreder their digital versions since 10-7. So whats the deal on xbox one? I get that rockstar is partial to pS, but it seems like we should have been able to preload by now. Im waiting on this instead of doin it at the store but
    I dont want to wait too long. I also find it funny that I cant find any info at all on the internet about xbox one digital preorders.

:)

BIGWORM380, Oct 18, 2014
  2. CRY5lS
    CRY5lS Guest
    when are we gonna be able to edit our profile again

I cant edit my profile anymore due to the new update

CRY5lS, Oct 18, 2014
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Oct 18, 2014
  4. KGBz5150
    KGBz5150 Guest

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Seems odd, and I don't find any threads anywhere addressing this, except this one.

KGBz5150, Oct 24, 2014
  5. U2boy
    U2boy Guest
    Also wondering about this. I would like to be able to pre-download but I don't want to wait and miss out on the preorder bonus if it's not going to happen.

U2boy, Oct 27, 2014
  6. mr hill
    mr hill Guest
    i was waiting also but they took to long so i pre-ordered mine at gamesop.

which i will probably be doing from now on because you still have to wait 3 hours to play all digital copies.

i could go to the store at midnight and be home playing 2 and a half hours before digital copies are ready to play.

mr hill, Oct 27, 2014
  7. I was playing the digital version of Sunset Overdrive at 10pm Mountain Time last night. 2 hours before it was released at stores. This is not the case with all games but for some it is.

Also, I have noticed that many digital pre orders com out about 2-3 weeks in advance. I would be surprised if GTA 5 and Far Cry 4 were not available this week or early next week.

PaulyWanaCrakr5, Oct 28, 2014
  8. When are we gonna be able to preload this?

The answer here is quite simple. The PSN is a pre-order, not a pre-load. On PSN you can only pre-load days before the game is released. On XB1 you can only pre-load/pre-order when there is a game to actually download. Meaning the game has gone "Gold." The
    reason we can't pre-download right now is that the game is still not finished. Not ready to be put on discs and not ready to be put up on servers for pre-download. As soon as it is, the pre-load will be available.

Personally I prefer this to PSN's pre-order because at least you know the game is ready when you do it on XB1 but you could shell out that cash for the PSN version and the game and the game might miss it's release date and you have cash in limbo for no reason.
    Pre-orders are stupid. XB1's pre-order/pre-loads are a breath of fresh air in an otherwise greedy game economy.

"Pre-order this game now from Gamestop, even though the game has no release date and won't be seen on shelves for over a year." . . . ridiculous.

That was in reference to the new Batman game btw, not GTA V When are we gonna be able to preload this? :)

Media Streamer, Nov 3, 2014
  9. jrbisk
    jrbisk Guest
    I can't see that the game hasn't gone gold yet though. It's releasing in two weeks. That doesn't seem like enough time to press the disks have them in stores, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm really hoping to be able to pre-load/order the game to take advantage of the pre-order bonuses.

jrbisk, Nov 4, 2014
  10. SkyStalker
    SkyStalker Guest
    I would like to have a answer to this too

SkyStalker, Nov 4, 2014
  11. Fiery Ice61
    Fiery Ice61 Guest
    What is the shortest amount of time that the publisher rockstar needs to get the disks thrown in cases and shipped out all over the world? I mean that gold explanation above makes sense but we are really close to the release date. I am with everyone else
    here and say they need to just get the game on the server. There will be an update anyways. They can get it done and everyone knows they want our money this second time for a slightly better version of the same product... I knew I was buying this the moment
    I got my one and found out this was rereleasing on one haha.

Fiery Ice61, Nov 5, 2014
  12. The only point I'm trying to make is the one no one wants to face. If it doesn't make it up there soon that could mean they'll miss the release date. If they don't have time to press the discs for the 18th they won't put it up digitally either. The retail
    disc and digital download for this game are meant to be released on the same day. Don't quote me on this but I think the time for the discs is 1-2 weeks plus you have to factor in shipping. All I can say is if it had gone "Gold", we would have heard about
    it.

Media Streamer, Nov 6, 2014
  13. Fiery Ice61
    Fiery Ice61 Guest

Ghost I agree with ya man. They got 5-6 more days left to hit 1 week and then we'll probably know I'm assuming... lame on rockstars part.

Fiery Ice61, Nov 6, 2014
  14. Shamkid98
    Shamkid98 Guest
    next week at the latest once halo is out then maybe

Shamkid98, Nov 6, 2014
  15. jrbisk
    jrbisk Guest
    With MS and R* ignoring these threads I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not going to be available for Pre-Order via download for Xbox One.

jrbisk, Nov 6, 2014
Thema:

1. When are we gonna be able to preload this? - Similar Threads - are gonna able

2. So when am I gonna be able to play haven’t been able to do anything all day

in XboX Networking Hardware
    So when am I gonna be able to play haven’t been able to do anything all day: So when am I gonna be able to play haven’t been able to do anything all day Hello Dario Garcia., At this time, there is an Xbox Live Service Alert that has popped up regarding this issue. I...
  3. Will an Xbox One X brought in India will gonna work in USA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an Xbox One X brought in India will gonna work in USA: Will an Xbox One X brought in India will gonna work in USA, And can I still keep all my digitaly purchased games and will this gonna effect my games or anything? 6e13723a-68cf-45fa-9adf-aab929a33d51
  4. I'm gonna come back to xbox but i lost my main account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm gonna come back to xbox but i lost my main account.: Well, to be honest, I forgot the email of my account, and I want to go back to xbox, but I do not want to start again and for more reason I spent money on that account, it's a very old account...
  5. Error "0x80070002" while im gonna open the Xbox store app on Xbox One S! **Solved**

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error "0x80070002" while im gonna open the Xbox store app on Xbox One S! **Solved**: Hello i get the error "0x80070002" while im gonna start the Xbox Store on a Xbox one S. I've tried to restart the Xbox and close the apps plug my router in and out. Is there any fix on this error?...
  6. Im Gonna Be Hosting Some Xbox MINIGAMES!!! [Discord Is Needed To Join]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im Gonna Be Hosting Some Xbox MINIGAMES!!! [Discord Is Needed To Join]: Me And Some Friends Have A Discord Server Called The Xbox Elites! [Mod Removed] <--- if that link doesnt work add my profile [Mod Removed] "So When About 10 People Are In The Server, Im Going Get...
  7. Why I'm gonna buy a ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I'm gonna buy a ps4: so it' late and I'm watching Netflix like I usually do and here comes an update that not only forces me to either stay offline with no internet or do the update. This **** pisses me off all I'm...
  8. smartglass for 360 whats up with you are you ever gonna work again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    smartglass for 360 whats up with you are you ever gonna work again: I have everything the way its supposed to be setup for smartglass to run on my windows 10 laptop(shouldn't be running it but some idiot put it on here should have windows 7 but anywho)gamertag...
  9. So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be?: Title pretty much says it all. Does anyone have it? What do you think? Totally unrelated... kinda - Is it just me or does the COMING SOON section for Xbox at the moment seem totally lame?...
  10. when are we gonna be able to edit our profile again

in XBoX on Consoles
    when are we gonna be able to edit our profile again: I cant edit my profile anymore due to the new update a3fa0fee-1134-4936-8147-fc1cbde71928