: When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a...

Discus and support : When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a... in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a blue filter"? Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Mr Rotch, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Mr Rotch
    Mr Rotch Guest

: When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a...

: When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a blue filter"?
    Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you?
    I recommend choosing RGB which is the common standard and acronym for red, green and blue.

The blue filter is to reduce blue light output but it affects image quality

In Blue Only mode only the blue pixels of a display render the picture on the screen - or, for CRT displays, the blue cathode ray tube

:)

Mr Rotch, Aug 11, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

: When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a blue filter"?

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you?
    I recommend choosing RGB which is the common standard and acronym for red, green and blue.

The blue filter is to reduce blue light output but it affects image quality

In Blue Only mode only the blue pixels of a display render the picture on the screen - or, for CRT displays, the blue cathode ray tube
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming

Below is a link to a calibrated setup guide for your specific tv make and model, it will walk you through and explain each setting, and the best options for various uses, give.it a try and let us know what you think

Calibrated Tv settings
  4. Sonic Extreme Win User

Picture quality degredation, crushed blacks etc. with HDMI input

When I first got it I was thinking the same thing. Man the stupid xbox has a bad upscaler and picture quality was ugly.

My friend has Direct TV and was even worse. Then it hit me I have to calibrate my TV for RG Limited. Cable feeds are YCBCR 444 color space. I matched the xbox to 24 bit since that's what broadcast uses. (those with receivers can find out in the menu as they
    display all the HDMI INFO from devices attached to it). I first ran my spears and munsil blue ray calibrator and compare them to the xbox calibration steps. My xbox settings where dead on with the spears blue ray calibrator. So happy to say the built in xbox
    calibrator is actually pretty good. For those with crush blacks leave the xbox on RGB Limited and change your HDMI Black Level on the TV. On my Samsung TV I leave it on LOW and the rest I do with the brightness following the steps of the calibration. I much
    rather them have a YCBCR setting instead of RGB Limited. Luckily on my HTPC I can use either one. Anyways now my TV looks perfect on the XBOX and so does my friends DIrect TV box too once we calibrated it again. Now to get my pause to work on my CIsco DVR
    box.
  5. mr funknuts Win User

put your brightness all up for the best graphics

i used the tv calibration game in the indie games to help calibrate my tv settings,everything looks much better since
  6. BearCu6 Win User

Video Quality... Shiny/sparkly faces

Maybe nobody else has had that issue. Have you calibrated your TV using the Xbox One calibration wizard?
Thema:

1. : When calibrating my TV using the Xbox's calibration guide, what does it mean by "using a... - Similar Threads - calibrating using Xbox's

2. HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping on xbox series x: I would like to know whether I should turn Dynamic Tone Mapping off while I calibrate HDR in the Xbox One X General TV & display options. 134ed37d-d3ba-4087-9b78-cfeb78d855b1
  3. Xbox Series X HDR Calibration Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDR Calibration Issues: I have my series x connected to a projector and the image is very dark. I've tried adjusting the HDR and other video settings (on the console and projector) but nothing solves the issue. I have a...
  4. Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app...

in XboX Insiders
    Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app...: I got Dolby Vision enabled and its working with various games but I noticed that the HDR Calibration app defaults to regular HDR instead. Is this correct or is this a possible bug? I want to be...
  5. windows controller calibration don't do anything

in XBoX on Windows
    windows controller calibration don't do anything: why windows controller calibration don't do anything when I calibrate my box one controller in the games it doesn't do anything I want to calibrate the analogs because it's not probably centered...
  6. Game HDR Calibration resets after updates

in XboX Insiders
    Game HDR Calibration resets after updates: I have noticed that I have a trend - it is not absolutely every time - but after about half of my updates (Beta Ring) my XSeX "Game HDR Calibration" has to be redone. It does not take long to do...
  7. Logitech G920 calibrating during game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech G920 calibrating during game: Hello, I have a Logitech G920 steering wheel + pedals, and I have been playing Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One S. When I am racing, particularly when I am turning, the wheel...
  8. Calibrating my Xbox Controller doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Calibrating my Xbox Controller doesn't work.: Guys, I have an xbox 360 controller just repaired but the right stick isn't centered. When i calibrate it with the windows built in tool.. it doesn't change anything.. it always comes back to...
  9. HDR CALIBRATION PROBLEM ON SERIES X (cant save my settings).

in XboX Insiders
    HDR CALIBRATION PROBLEM ON SERIES X (cant save my settings).: Hi .I v noticed that the settings on HDR calibration screens r not saved. Every time i restart the console i must do the same process again.Do u face the same problem?Thanks in advance submitted...
  10. Calibration of Xbox One Controller effectless

in XBoX on Windows
    Calibration of Xbox One Controller effectless: Hello there, The calibration (not remapping of buttons, which works fine) of the sticks and trigger-axis in the windows game controller settings don't have any effect on the various games in...