When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair

Discus and support When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/sleepyvengeance [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sleepyvengeance, Nov 8, 2019.

1. When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair

/u/sleepyvengeance, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Fluke939 Win User

How to reconnect Xbox controller to PC after using it elsewhere? (Xbox Wireless Adapter)

you can't tell me that unpairing and repairing is required every time just to get my controller to work again with the device it was already connected to
    I'm no expert. But that might actually be the case. I have the same issue switching bluetooth xbox controllers from my xbox one to my laptop. I think that is just how they are made to only have one pairing at a time.
  3. MogZero Win User

XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB

Solution 4 is the re-pairing procedure that I have to go through when the problem occurs. I've already tried everything else on this page and re-pairing is the only thing that works.

The problem is, that I need to do this EVERY time I recharge the battery on the controller. The Bluetooth connection fails consistently after connecting with a USB cable - it does seem as though there's an issue with the controller's driver that it gets
    confused by the same controller connecting in two different ways, or something like that.

I do have a workaround but after spending the best part of £100 on a genuine Microsoft controller and genuine Microsoft battery, I shouldn't have to be resorting to annoying and time consuming workarounds on a regular basis just to connect the thing. For
    such a premium device, it really should just work. If it was a one-off problem, OK, these things happen. If it happened occasionally, it would be a bit
    [Mod removed- inappropriate]. The fact it happens EVERY time is unacceptable.
  4. Mark Staveley Win User

Terrible YouTube app update!

The Xbox One / Youtube app has lost the functionality to preserve pairing. I really enjoyed this previously - but now every time I want to use my computer / phone with my Xbox One I have to redo the pairing every time. Not cool!
  5. DexLuther Win User

Xbox One Controller forgetting bluetooth pairing after being plugged in.

the controller will always remain paired to the console without issue.
    Hi,

There is a very good reason for this. On the console, the controller doesn't use Bluetooth, it uses its own proprietary wireless connection. The original Xbox One controllers didn't have Bluetooth on release and could only be connected via a micro USB cable,
    the newer controllers have the BT feature, but still work with the original Xbox One (think Xbox One Fat 2013).

It can't re-pair automatically because it has two types of wireless sync technologies built in. The only way I believe you can make the controller sync automatically would be via the Xbox One Gaming receiver for Windows 10. The receiver doesn't use Bluetooth.

I hope that makes sense.

That's interesting information, but it's still an issue.

When I plug my phone into my PC, it doesn't forget the bluetooth pairing. Plugged in or not I can use the phone companion app just fine, and I don't have to re-pair it when I unplug it.

When I pair a soundbar to my PC, it works just as well as when I unplug it and use it through bluetooth, and again no re-pairing needed.

When I plug in my Sennheiser wireless headphones to charge it, it's still paired to my PC through bluetooth when I unplug it.

For some unknown reason when you plug in an Xbox One controller, it or Windows 10 (or both) deletes or resets the bluetooth profile associated with it, which requires Windows 10 to pair with it again. It's the only device I know of that loses bluetooth pairing
    because you plugged it in. Having two different radio technologies is not an excuse. It would make sense if I was connecting the controller to the PC through bluetooth and then plugging it into an Xbox, but that isn't the case. I don't even have an Xbox anymore.

The controller/Windows 10 has no real reason for clearing/resetting the bluetooth profile when plugging the controller in.
  6. Anxiiousiy Win User

Xbox Controller

My Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to my Bluetooth at all but it connects by USB to my computer, it also flashes when I click the pairing button and my Bluetooth is turned on, whenever I go to the pair devices and try to pair the Xbox controller
    it doesn't show up. Is there a way I can reset the controller without the console?
    Its suppose to flash when pairing also what are you trying to pair it to
Thema:

When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair

1. When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair - Similar Threads - connecting controller phone

2. Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ?: I have the old Xbox one controller (Model number 1537 Image it's a windows version "Microsoft xbox one pad" what it is called, but not sure), is there a way to connect it wired to my Android...
  3. Need help connecting controller, xbox, and phone at once, and Game streaming from console.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting controller, xbox, and phone at once, and Game streaming from console.: I have been selected for project x cloud but I want to play games from my console on my phone? Can someone help me set this up? Because I cannot find clear instruction on how to do this. I'm also...
  4. Xbox elite series 2 controller not connecting to phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox elite series 2 controller not connecting to phone: ive been trying to connect my xbox elite series 2 to my phone but it doesnt show up. ca7d04b3-7d01-479c-af6e-b487c9ccb809
  5. Connecting an xbox one controller to my android phone.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Connecting an xbox one controller to my android phone.: I have an LG K20 Plus phone and it keeps saying wrong pin try again and nothing works. Im on the testing platform for project x cloud and i cant sync any xbox controller at all....
  6. Used a xbox controller on my phone ( Bluetooth connection)

in XboX Insiders
    Used a xbox controller on my phone ( Bluetooth connection): [IMG] submitted by /u/ianbo39 [link] [comments]
  7. Trouble connecting controller to phone

in XboX Insiders
    Trouble connecting controller to phone: I have an xbox one s controller and when I try to connect via Bluetooth it says incorrect pin or passport has been entered submitted by /u/that-one-guy68 [link] [comments]
  8. Controller Connection Displaying Error on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Connection Displaying Error on phone: The device I am using for xcloud (actually multiple) will not pair with the controller and return an error mentioning a pin code. My controller is updated. submitted by /u/AnonymousPizzaRolls...
  9. Help! Controller won’t connect to phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Help! Controller won’t connect to phone: I have a iphone 7 and want to connect my xbox one S controller to it. I see other are able to do so but i cant. I tested and stuff like my earbuds can connect via bluetooth but my controllers...
  10. When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

in XBoX on Mobile
    When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working: My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the Google play store I can't because it shows...