When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

Discus and support When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by DomekRomek, Mar 7, 2019.

1. DomekRomek
    DomekRomek Guest

When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the Google play store I can't because it shows it's loading and it doesn't load. I think maybe somehow
    my phone thinks that the controller is using Bluetooth tethering so if ignores the WiFi signal, I didn't make the phone or the controller so I have no idea if my theory is close to being right.

:)

DomekRomek, Mar 7, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Domek,

Unfortunately, if there is no direct issue with the Xbox controller and functionality is not compromised we would be unable to assist; to further resolve the issue with your device, I'd recommend checking out an Android phone based forum for support.

Thank you!
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  4. StrangeCargo71 Win User

The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed

Xbox Accessories app also do not work with Xbox One S controller connected via Bluetooth !!!
  5. GregVerrall Win User

Wireless technology?

Thanks for that, however I need to know the wireless connections for the 360 and One as well.

Does the "S" use wifi and bluetooth of just bluetooth for controller connections?
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Are xbox one controllers the same as xbox one s controllers?

You can use a regular Xbox One controller on an Xbox One S console, and you can use an Xbox One S controller on a regular Xbox One console.

All controllers connect to the Xbox console the same way, via proprietary RF.

If you are confused because of the addition of Bluetooth in the Xbox One S, just know that Bluetooth is only built into the Xbox One S controller (there is actually no bluetooth functionality in the Xbox One S console itself). The Bluetooth in the controller
    is just a secondary method of wireless connectivity designed solely for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth (without the need of a
    USB adapter). It connects to the Xbox One/One S the same way as the original controllers do.
Thema:

1. When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working - Similar Threads - connect controller phone

2. XBox One Controller won't connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Controller won't connect to PC: So I just bought a brand new XBox One controller. From how it looks I can tell it has Bluetooth built-in but I DON'T want to use BT I am using a USB charging cable. Enough radiation already lol....
  3. Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC: Hi I'm using the new bluetooth model Xbox One controller but it won't connect via Bluetooth to my PC. It was working for me for quite a while and one day it lost sync, when I tried to resync it...
  4. Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???: I have attempted to plug in my Xbox 360 controller into my PC. However, the system says, "Unkown Device: Driver is Unavailable". I have 4 ports on my PC for USB and all result in the same message...
  5. Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB)

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB): Hello, Accessories app is not available in windows store and i can't use the Elite controller because of it (detected as normal xbox controller), [img] Can you please help, Thanks...
  6. Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]: Hallo zusammen, ich habe seit einigen Wochen folgendes Problem... immer wenn meine Xbox im standby modus ist verbindet sich mein Controller nicht mehr mit der Xbox. Damit es funktioniert muss...
  7. Xbox wireless controller can't connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller can't connect to PC: I've had my Xbox wireless controller for more than a year. I used it yesterday and it worked perfectly. Today I can't connect it to my PC. When I press the Xbox button on it, the light just flash,...
  8. I can't connect a xbox one s controller to my phone whose brand is huawel through bluetooth

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't connect a xbox one s controller to my phone whose brand is huawel through bluetooth: when i try to connect a xbox one s controller to my phone of which brand is huawel through bluetooth, my phone said that my controller couldn't be connected to the phone because of incorrect pin....
  9. how connect xbox one s Controller with Windows Phone 950 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how connect xbox one s Controller with Windows Phone 950 ?: please help me. the Controller and the phone have a connection but the Controller have no Funktion? e9aecdfa-5034-455d-848a-ce707c9fef22
  10. Connecting controller to phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting controller to phone: does anybody know how to connect my iPhone 7 to my Xbox one S controller I have done it to my computer and my dads LG phone but it won't even show up while trying to connect it to my iPhone...