When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

Discus and support When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by DomekRomek, Mar 7, 2019.

1. DomekRomek
    DomekRomek Guest

When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the Google play store I can't because it shows it's loading and it doesn't load. I think maybe somehow
    my phone thinks that the controller is using Bluetooth tethering so if ignores the WiFi signal, I didn't make the phone or the controller so I have no idea if my theory is close to being right.

:)

DomekRomek, Mar 7, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Domek,

Unfortunately, if there is no direct issue with the Xbox controller and functionality is not compromised we would be unable to assist; to further resolve the issue with your device, I'd recommend checking out an Android phone based forum for support.

Thank you!
  3. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  5. StrangeCargo71 Win User

The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed

Xbox Accessories app also do not work with Xbox One S controller connected via Bluetooth !!!
  6. GregVerrall Win User

Wireless technology?

Thanks for that, however I need to know the wireless connections for the 360 and One as well.

Does the "S" use wifi and bluetooth of just bluetooth for controller connections?
Thema:

1. When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working - Similar Threads - connect controller phone

2. Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on: So this is a bit of a weird issue that I have been experiencing for a couple days now, the two xbox one controllers I have are in good condition and for a long while had no problems well now they...
  3. Xbox one controller connected but buttons don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller connected but buttons don't work: Hi all, On the oil rig where i work at we have an Xbox for a while but all the controllers and games got stolen. so i bought 2 new controllers and some games for the crew. now I've connected...
  4. Xbox one won't allow controller connections

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't allow controller connections: Hi, my xbox one is having problems connecting controllers to it. It doesnt allow wireless connections at all. Whereas it does kind of work with a usb connection but only with one certain cable...
  5. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  6. Xbox One controller not working despite being connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller not working despite being connected: So, on the Xbox one, my wireless controller connects to the xbox (light stays on) but none of the buttons or control sticks work. Even when the controller is wired in it still does not work....
  7. Xbox won’t connect to controller or TV

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won’t connect to controller or TV: My xbox was working fine an hour ago and now when i turn it on it boots up and everything but wont respond to my controller. Also, my TV says no connection. I asked my friends if i show up online...
  8. I can't connect a xbox one s controller to my phone whose brand is huawel through bluetooth

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't connect a xbox one s controller to my phone whose brand is huawel through bluetooth: when i try to connect a xbox one s controller to my phone of which brand is huawel through bluetooth, my phone said that my controller couldn't be connected to the phone because of incorrect pin....
  9. how connect xbox one s Controller with Windows Phone 950 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how connect xbox one s Controller with Windows Phone 950 ?: please help me. the Controller and the phone have a connection but the Controller have no Funktion? e9aecdfa-5034-455d-848a-ce707c9fef22
  10. Connecting controller to phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting controller to phone: does anybody know how to connect my iPhone 7 to my Xbox one S controller I have done it to my computer and my dads LG phone but it won't even show up while trying to connect it to my iPhone...