when I shut off my xbox it stays on the power button flashes and the gears run and you have to ...

Discus and support when I shut off my xbox it stays on the power button flashes and the gears run and you have to ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The title says it all,but ill say it again. I shut off my xbox 360,it stays on. It is quite annoying. HELP! Xbox all day... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DiamonD Enigma, Aug 12, 2014.

1. when I shut off my xbox it stays on the power button flashes and the gears run and you have to ...

The title says it all,but ill say it again. I shut off my xbox 360,it stays on.

It is quite annoying. HELP!

Xbox all day

:)

DiamonD Enigma, Aug 12, 2014
  2. DanRyder87
    DanRyder87 Guest
    Is my Xbox one X faulty??

Ok i have had it for since xmas now. There are 2 things that are making me think its faulty.

1) Sometimes when its on Instant on, il press the power button once to turn it on, however after a second or two it instantly shuts itself down but FULLY not even quick start up mode, it fully shuts down.

2) My rear USB ports seem to always supply power. Using my external hard drive (wall powered) if i turn the xbox off normally then eventually the hard drive does turn off. However if i hold the power button to fully shut it down the harddrive does not power
    off, which then results in mt xbox getting turned back on by itself. If i use the FRONT usb port then i can fully shut it down and it stays off along with my hard drive.

DanRyder87, Aug 12, 2014
  3. AG3NT JEW
    AG3NT JEW Guest
    xbox one not shutting off

when ever i turn off my xbox one my xbox power brick stay running the light on the power brick doesn't turn red it stays white i left it like that for a day to see if it would shut off and it didn't so every time i want to turn of my xbox i have to unplug
    it idk what to do

AG3NT JEW, Aug 12, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

when I shut off my xbox it stays on the power button flashes and the gears run and you have to ...

You probably have background downloading on which means that when you shut the console down it will blink like that and stay on temporarily while the Cloud is updated.

If you would like to turn off background downloading then simply follow the instructions at this link.

support.xbox.com/.../flashing-green-light-on-power-button

onyxishere, Aug 12, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

when I shut off my xbox it stays on the power button flashes and the gears run and you have to turn it on then off to turn it off

You probably have background downloading on which means that when you shut the console down it will blink like that and stay on temporarily while the Cloud is updated.

If you would like to turn off background downloading then simply follow the instructions at this link.

support.xbox.com/.../flashing-green-light-on-power-button
  6. CG_Phantom Win User

Xbox One Turns on, then shuts off after a few seconds

I get the same thing EXCEPT, using "Xbox on" turns the xbo on for a second or two then shuts off like the others commenting. BUT, when I actually get off my butt and touch the power button on the front of the console it powers up and stays on.
  7. ThirdDegreePun Win User

SOLVED Xbox One X Internet Issues - 100% WiFi strength, network statistics "Unavailable"

I don't know if this is relevant but when i tried to power it off right now the power button kept flashing and it didn't shut down after a minute so I forced it off. It also sometimes struggles to launch apps.
  8. Deerlover1 Win User

XBOX treatment. Thoughts?

i got RRoD followed by a completely dead console just by turning it off and right back on from the front panel, i consider it an improper shutdown which eventually corrupts the memory and eventually kills the unit, or is hard on the power brick. i always
    since then shut it down from the dashboard and i have had no problems. the claims of overheating seem empty as mine runs a lot cooler than my PS3 ever did. barely warm to the touch (both fat and slim models). if you notice when you shut it down via dashboard
    the front panel LED will flash green and fans continue to run for up to five minutes (depending on how hot it was) and then shut off. when i used the front panel button it just immediately shut off and never did that, so if it was related to heat, it was because
    my fast shutdowns never gave it the time to cool before shutting off completely.
  9. Shermas Win User

Launch xbox one S just died... what to do?

Hey there .

Let's have you start out by resetting your display by powering off your Xbox One completely (hold power button for 8-10 seconds until it shuts off completely). Once your Xbox One is off, hold down the power and eject button until you hear a second beep.
    I tried this and nothing happened.. Does it matter that my system isn't sending a video signal anymore? The white power button lights up, but the HDMI input source is now staying dark.
Thema:

1. when I shut off my xbox it stays on the power button flashes and the gears run and you have to ... - Similar Threads - shut off stays

2. Why does my XBox One X shut off when I start a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my XBox One X shut off when I start a game?: I can watch YouTube or Twitch but when I start a game my XBox just shuts off. Is there something I can do? 0399de61-01c3-430d-841d-2c8196a1202e
  3. My new call of duty modern warfare keeps freezing and shutting off my x box how can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new call of duty modern warfare keeps freezing and shutting off my x box how can I...: my new call of duty game keeps freezing and shutting off my x box how can i resolve this problem it dosent happen to anyother game i play in like like battlefield ?...
  4. Xbox randomly shuts itself off why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox randomly shuts itself off why: Having trouble with my system ever since the update came out my system has been randomly shutting off even while streaming is this a known problem and the heck do I fix it...
  5. Xbox one x keeps shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x keeps shutting off: My xbox one x keeps shutting off in the middle of games. Its not over heating and all the plugs are connected correctly. And ive changed the setting to not turn off at all. Whats the issue?...
  6. Xbox One X randomly shuts off while playing the new cod.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X randomly shuts off while playing the new cod.: Not sure if this is a preview insider problem or a cod problem but whenever i play cod my xbox randomly shuts off. submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  7. Random Console Shut-Offs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Console Shut-Offs: My Xbox One S has been experiencing a problem recently. Whenever I try to connect to a party or an online game I recieve multiple connection errors followed by a black screen. After about a minute...
  8. Xbox one X crashes then shuts off only in the new Modern Warfare and Metro Exodus

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X crashes then shuts off only in the new Modern Warfare and Metro Exodus: I've been trying to fix this issue with metro for a while but now it is happening with COD MW I've tried power cycles and reinstalling the campaign portion of the game. My xbox is in a well...
  9. Borderlands 3 shuts console off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 shuts console off: Borderlands 3 randomly turns my xbox one x off, it First happened when I joined a friends game and now it does it when I play solo I can play game for a few hours before it happens. I have...
  10. xbox one console beeps then shuts off after 20 seconds and wont stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one console beeps then shuts off after 20 seconds and wont stay on: how do I fix my console so it stays on? b0747d15-b067-4423-97d0-d0ab48144fde