When is Microsoft going to address the Xbox Series X game crashes and console shutdown issues?

Discus and support When is Microsoft going to address the Xbox Series X game crashes and console shutdown issues? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As somebody who has been suffering from the severe game crashing and console shutdowns on the XSX, I gave up and sent it in for repair. I am convinced... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/retrovertigo, Nov 22, 2020.

1. When is Microsoft going to address the Xbox Series X game crashes and console shutdown issues?

As somebody who has been suffering from the severe game crashing and console shutdowns on the XSX, I gave up and sent it in for repair. I am convinced it's a hardware issue, as the Insider builds that claim to address this, did not resolve it, at least not for me, and Microsoft isn't acknowledging it at all, not here and not on their Known Issues page (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5?auth=1). It simply doesn't exist, it seems...

This is a very real and major issue, and people like me are left scratching their heads. I worked hard to get this system, was lucky enough to be able to afford it and to be able to preorder it, I even received it on launch date. And since then, I've been plagued with problems playing X|S-optimized games. They simply don't work.

I work in IT, so I know that updates are necessary and expected, like most device launches, to see at least one or two updates within a week or so, to address the unexpected issues. Understandable, an internal QA team cannot find every single issue before it's released to thousands of people. But we never received any updates or statements.

Daily, my kids would ask, "Is there an update yet to fix X game?" Each day, I had to tell them no but to have a little patience, updates were surely coming. However, I gave up after 10 days of trying all sorts of things to address the shutdown issues, and having disappointed gamers. I scheduled a repair and sent it off on Friday. It's supposed to arrive at the repair facility on Tuesday, and from there it's another 6-11 business days once it's repaired and sent back (I paid the ridiculous $10 fee for expedited shipping. Expedited shiping should be standard for all console launch window issues. SMH) Lord knows, I'm hoping I get it back by mid-December.

I gave up, maybe it is a software fix that an system update will address, but enough people didn't have the problem, which lead me to wonder what's different about my system? Why is mine not working while a majority of others are just fine. To me, that says hardware issues.

Microsoft, Xbox Insider engineering team, /u/workwombat, please there are enough people having this issue daily that I feel deserve answers on the system crash/shutdown issue. I love Microsoft, I am a Microsoft enthusiast, I love the services, software, and products. I preordered the original Xbox even when people were skeptical about Microsoft's ability to compete in the console industry. But this Xbox Series X launch, for my family, has been a dark cloud, and honestly feel that my kids are going to never fully experience the true excitement of future console and device launches because their faith has been bruised by this. New consoles are supposed to be fun, not frustrating.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/retrovertigo
    [link] [comments]

/u/retrovertigo, Nov 22, 2020
  2. RealtekDDL Win User

Not happy with Responses for swapped consoles that have been defective

Funny when PS4 owners complaint their services, they threaten switching to xbox lol.

Some socalled defects is don't power up/freeze/crash/shutdown can be fixed by resetting the console: 1) unplug powercord for few minutes, plug in powercord, wait few minutes and then power up with x button on the console.

2) Still no good then push in and hold the x button on console few minutes till console show powerbutton flashing and shutdown itself etc. then repeat step 1).
  3. pjameleven Win User

Will Xbox Series X be worth it

I think it's really a matter of choice. The good news is that all games released on the Series X will be available on the One X so you can get the One X now and when you're ready upgrade to the Series X and all those games go with you. But if you really
    want the new console then go for the Series X.
  4. pjameleven Win User

Will Xbox Series X be worth it

I think it's really a matter of choice. The good news is that all games released on the Series X will be available on the One X so you can get the One X now and when you're ready upgrade to the Series X and all those games go with you. But if you really
    want the new console then go for the Series X.
  5. Harvestbuddy Win User

Borderlands 3 freezing and crashing

Hello there!

I've scoured the net (reddit) and it seems to be a problem with the game itself. I've been playing Borderlands 3 on the Xbox One X as well and I get occasional crashes and shutdowns when too many things are going on. I use Moze and Grenadier Perk and when
    those grenades start going off, that's when it happens. It seems like we'll have to wait for 2K for a fix.
  6. One Lil Orphan Win User

Xbox series x crash

Hi is it can you tell me when a crash bug fix for xbox series x i coming out my xbox series x keeps freezing the game and crashes playing for 2 min then it turns off best regards theis
    Atm its an ongoing issuse, i find it happening most with AC:Val and COD:CW. It happens also with Rouge Company and MK11Ultimate.
Thema:

When is Microsoft going to address the Xbox Series X game crashes and console shutdown issues?

1. When is Microsoft going to address the Xbox Series X game crashes and console shutdown issues? - Similar Threads - Microsoft going address

2. every time i go into microsoft edge on my xbox one, it keeps on going into my settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i go into microsoft edge on my xbox one, it keeps on going into my settings: i am unable to use microsoft edge on my xbox one because it keeps on opening the settings app. d260a817-6293-4171-acd5-6f746f3dbc5c
  3. How do I contact Microsoft support? issue with one of my devices going for repair/replacment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I contact Microsoft support? issue with one of my devices going for repair/replacment: Every time I try the contact options, I always get the option to ask an xbox gamer or request a call back. I just want to use a chat option, why do they make it so difficult? My issue is that I...
  4. Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?

in XboX Insiders
    Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?: I loved this feature, and it should absolutely come back submitted by /u/Rossomedude [link] [comments]
  5. What Time is Microsoft going to Start Selling their Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    What Time is Microsoft going to Start Selling their Xbox Series X/S: Hi does anybody know the time that Microsoft is gonna start selling Xbox series X/S. I tried to pre-order one but it won't let me. Please if someone know please let me know Thank you...
  6. microsoft flight simulator. Engine 1 stops if I go off the ramp

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft flight simulator. Engine 1 stops if I go off the ramp: Hi. When I am on the ramp preparing the plane to leave, I turn on engine 1 and 2 everything stabilizes well, but when I reverse or forward engine 1 turns off and there is no way to start it,...
  7. I was trying to see microsoft points were i go to get Xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was trying to see microsoft points were i go to get Xbox live gold: I cant click on the Microsoft. Rew ards points c2421ba6-82d9-44e7-adaa-19ff6666f4b9
  8. Is Microsoft going to make a mic and camera on the next system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to make a mic and camera on the next system?: I really enjoy my Kinect games such as just dance and I wanna know if anyone heard anything about it yet if they are going to have a camera and mic on the system i feel like it wouldnt be that...
  9. When is Microsoft going to make it so that an xbox one will be able to use the inbuilt...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to make it so that an xbox one will be able to use the inbuilt...: I was told incorrectly by the salesman that my webcam would work on the xbox one. Sure the webcam works but the xbox does not recognise the inbuilt microphone. And if I want to use a usb...
  10. Is Microsoft going to address the Green/ Black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to address the Green/ Black screen of death?: I see this is a common problem yet microsofts only answers are try using this diagnostic tool or pay us money. I don't get it after the 360 failure disaster you would think they would be doing...