When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated?

Discus and support When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Back in August i lost use of dolby atmos on my denon amp, it changed from at mos to multi in. After speaking to denon it turns out that the issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Raffaz, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Raffaz
    Raffaz Guest

Hi,

Back in August i lost use of dolby atmos on my denon amp, it changed from at mos to multi in. After speaking to denon it turns out that the issue is due to microsoft not updating to the latest, can you advise when microsoft intends to upgrade to 1.6?

Denon explanation below:

Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM
    signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container. And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is
    now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing yet

:)

Raffaz, Nov 6, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
  4. kev edin Win User

Dolby atmos question

My lg Dolby atmos sound system shows everything in Dolby atmos, I know there has been a issues with the app.

But I agree not every game supports Dolby atmos 👍
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  6. KTM192AK Win User

Xbox One X, Dolby Atmos Not Working, Makes Distorted Crackling Sound

Update:

I have now tried a 4K Blu-ray disk and can confirm that Dolby Atmos works with it. I used the AVR Key so HDR would go to my LG OLED TV and the Dolby Atmos Sound would go to my non-HDCP2.2 Marantz SR7009 Receiver. I now believe the problem is with the Dolby
    Access App and not with the Xbox One X's operating system itself since the 4K Blu-ray would send its own Dolby Atmos track to the receiver bypassing the Dolby Access App. Where with Games and the Demo's in the Dolby Access App are using that App to process
    the Dolby Atmos signal. Thus I believe it is a problem with the Dolby Access App, but i don't know how that ties into the operating system or how the Blu-ray player app integrates with the Xbox's operating system or bypasses it because of that pass-through
    setting that lets the receiver process the Atmos Signal. Either way I have concluded there is nothing more I can do, it's definitely an issue with either the operating system or Dolby Access App having compatibility issues.
Thema:

1. When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated? - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos app

2. Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play Dolby Atmos for Apps other then games like Kody?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play Dolby Atmos for Apps other then games like Kody?: Hi, I just noticed the new Xbox X will be here in november. This is great news. I do have one question. The current Xbox one X does dolby atmos but only for games and not for apps like kodi. Will...
  3. Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....: Hi, this is about the Dolby Atmos on Xbox being wrong, everything comes up as Atmos, also every game like Rocket League that doesn't use Atmos, resulting in a very small audio delay. Gears 5 uses...
  4. Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved &...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos app keeps turning off and resetting on Xbox One X (cont. from an unresolved &...: So since the previous thread was closed and left "unresolved" by "Brad", I have opened a continuation to that problem here. My setup: XBOX One X with Plantronics Rig500 Pro headphones (...
  5. Can we get rid of the dependency on the Dolby Atmos app

in XboX Insiders
    Can we get rid of the dependency on the Dolby Atmos app: I hate the Dolby App submitted by /u/sean_m_curry [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...: Dolby Atmos Netflix Crash Issue So this has happened a lot on the Netflix app if you use Dolby atmos. Sometimes it works but 90% of the time it doesn’t. If you look for a Netflix title that has...
  7. Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated: Given that the existing thread has just been locked (it was a month old and very active, so why lock it guys?), we need to start this up again. In summary, the current Dolby Atmos App needs to be...
  8. Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content: Seems to have started to happen with the latest changes that Microsoft did with the Dolby Atmos setup. Every content I try to play that is Dolby Atmos enabled on Netflix (has the label), it...
  9. Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated: Given that the existing thread has just been locked (it was a month old and very active, so why lock it guys?), we need to start this up again. In summary, the current Dolby Atmos App needs to be...
  10. Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dolby Atmos not working on Apps but working on Blu-Ray discs, Xbox One S: Set up is LG 65" TV, Xbox One S, Nakamichi 7.2. Xbox is HDMI to Soundbar. I was able to get Dolby Atmos working fine on my Xbox One S (Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray, Dolby Access App, Mad Max Fury Road...