When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated?

Discus and support When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Back in August i lost use of dolby atmos on my denon amp, it changed from at mos to multi in. After speaking to denon it turns out that the issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Raffaz, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Raffaz
    Raffaz Guest

Hi,

Back in August i lost use of dolby atmos on my denon amp, it changed from at mos to multi in. After speaking to denon it turns out that the issue is due to microsoft not updating to the latest, can you advise when microsoft intends to upgrade to 1.6?

Denon explanation below:

Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM
    signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container. And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is
    now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing yet

:)

Raffaz, Nov 6, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  4. KTM192AK Win User

Xbox One X, Dolby Atmos Not Working, Makes Distorted Crackling Sound

Update:

I have now tried a 4K Blu-ray disk and can confirm that Dolby Atmos works with it. I used the AVR Key so HDR would go to my LG OLED TV and the Dolby Atmos Sound would go to my non-HDCP2.2 Marantz SR7009 Receiver. I now believe the problem is with the Dolby
    Access App and not with the Xbox One X's operating system itself since the 4K Blu-ray would send its own Dolby Atmos track to the receiver bypassing the Dolby Access App. Where with Games and the Demo's in the Dolby Access App are using that App to process
    the Dolby Atmos signal. Thus I believe it is a problem with the Dolby Access App, but i don't know how that ties into the operating system or how the Blu-ray player app integrates with the Xbox's operating system or bypasses it because of that pass-through
    setting that lets the receiver process the Atmos Signal. Either way I have concluded there is nothing more I can do, it's definitely an issue with either the operating system or Dolby Access App having compatibility issues.
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

NO SOUND USING DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDBAR

Try this, run your HDMI OUT from the Xbox into the TV. And on the Xbox choose Stereo Uncompressed. See if the audio from the Xbox is working into the TV. I'm assuming you're running Out from the TV into your sound bar. After you have that done and the basic
    stereo sound is working then change the other audio settings one at a time on the Xbox to 5.1 and 7.1 and then Bitstream and see what the TV passes through to your sound bar.

Hi yes i tried that, i have audio for 5.1 and 7. 1 but when I choose dolby atmos via home theater actually with my soundbar dolby atmos compatible I received video but no audio .
    If I understand correctly, the HDMI audio out from the Xbox One and passes through the TV HDMI IN then HDMI OUT from the TV into your HDMI IN on the soundbar.

In reading through the manual for your soundbar the Xbox One may need to be directly connected. I'm not sure if the TV supports a pass-through for Dolby Atmos

On page 24 of the soundbar manual it states - Important: Dolby atmos® is available only in HDmI mode.

I installed the Dolby Atmos app on my Xbox One but I don't have an Atmos device to work with. I put some steps together below and let's try that.

On the HDMI OUT from the Xbox One go to an HDMI IN on the soundbar

Power up the Xbox One and Launch the Dolby Atmos App

1) Launch the Dolby Atmos App

2) Toggle down to "Get started"

3) Choose Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on the right side of the screen

4) Choose Begin Setup

5) Choose Continue

6) Choose "Go to Xbox Settings"

7) Under HDMI Audio choose Bitstream Out

8) Under Bitstream Format choose Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

9) Go back to the Dolby App and complete the setup

According to the soundbar manual, a blue light should appear when it detects Dolby Atmos
  6. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
Thema:

1. When is the Dolby Atmos app going to be updated? - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos app

2. Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC: Hi guys I need your help as this is driving me crazy at the moment :D I have a Lip Sync issue with my Xbox one X configured in Atmos and my Sasmung HW-Q90R soundbar, both connected via HDMI ARC...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones Xbox one X: Hello, im trying to enable dolby atmos for headphones on my xbox one x. when i launch the app it says to set up by turning it on for headphones by going into the audio settings and selecting...
  4. Does Dolby Atmos Upmix still exists ??

in XboX Insiders
    Does Dolby Atmos Upmix still exists ??: I know that Dolby Atmos Upmix was in the preview Programm but I never tested it myself and doesn’t Heard anything about it since a couple months. submitted by /u/IxReadyToKillxI [link] [comments]
  5. Gears of War 5 PC - Dolby Atmos - Lucid Sound LS35X

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of War 5 PC - Dolby Atmos - Lucid Sound LS35X: As soon as Gears 5 is launched on PC using the LS35X Lucid Sound headphones there is an issue with Dolby Atmos. The sound instantly starts cutting in and out. If I click on the sound settings in...
  6. DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app: I don't know what the Xbox Prime's Dolny/DTS options were.. On the 360, when I bought a Turtle Beach X41, there was an option to turn DTS movies into Dolby using the 360. It worked on DVDs and HD...
  7. Blu ray App Won't Output Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray App Won't Output Dolby Atmos: The built in blu ray player won't output dolby atmos to an atmos system, only dolby true-hd. For some background info: my Xbox one s is being fed into my Onkyo Tx-NR575, and then using arc into...
  8. Blu ray app won't play dolby atmos on UHD blu ray discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu ray app won't play dolby atmos on UHD blu ray discs: I have my xbox one s set to bitstream out dolby digital. I have enabled the "Let my receiver decode audio" in the blu ray settings. Here's my problem with the app. When I open the blu ray app and...
  9. BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0: Greetings: I recently got the Xbox One S, updated it to latest Firmware and installed the Dolby Access app. BluRay in Atmos/DTS:X works fine. Games work fine (fallback to linear PCM 7.1) Apps...
  10. DOLBY ATMOS UPDATE not available through Insider Hub app

in XBoX on Consoles
    DOLBY ATMOS UPDATE not available through Insider Hub app: I have an Xbox one S and have the insider hub app and when I click insider content it takes me to insider program but there is no option for downloading any app update that would allow me to get...