When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

Discus and support When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have good reliable internet but with my original xbox one when a downlod or update reaches 50% it becomes extremely slow. It will go from 10 minutes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ellis mccarroll, Jun 23, 2020.

1. When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

I have good reliable internet but with my original xbox one when a downlod or update reaches 50% it becomes extremely slow. It will go from 10 minutes left to 5hours in seconds once it get half way. With my brothers xbox one s this problem does not occur.
    I have only noticed this problem in the last few weeks and i know it is not a wifi issue but maybe something in settings. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ellis mccarroll, Jun 23, 2020
  2. EmirusCat Win User

When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

Is there is any chance that you could reset the source of you Internet connection? I had connections slowed down a lot in the past even with a good connection. Can you do a speed test?
  3. T eklesiast T Win User

I feel you. I have this issue quite often too but that's not triggered when the status reaches 50%, it's rather random...

Though I found that by clearing my hard drive (deleting some games...) during some downloads, it causes problems like loading times increasing. and download speeds are affected too (writing speeds I should say).

So, my advice is clean your hard drive which maybe is a mess.

Do you have an external hard drive you could use ? It might simplify the process. What I suggest is that you move every game in your internal storage, to your external storage. After this is done, you revert the process. This way every game is written in
    the good spot on the HDD and it might bring back its original performance.
  4. BrokenFattHardy Win User

There is always there possibility that you're ISP is throttling you're bandwidth due to excessive strain. Have you check with your ISP about this situation?
  5. sokolxbl Win User

Try updating the console/resetting it, if it still doesnt work, probably time to upgrade to a newer console
  6. NIGHTHAWKJW Win User

Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.

Hi Skywalker,

thanks for the reply.

I am trying to download the new COD and it could be a server issue... On my end I have carried out speed tests on my phone, laptop and Xbox and they are all reporting the download speeds of up to 50Mbps. yet my download speed in 'games and apps' for the
    COD game has not reached over 5Mbps as of me last checking and is dropping to as low as 500Kbps.

The NAT is also open..
Thema:

1. When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps - Similar Threads - downloads reach 50%

2. Error installing Football Manager 2021 after download reaching 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    Error installing Football Manager 2021 after download reaching 100%: Tried multiple times download Football Manager 2021 on the XBOX app (Windows 10). Each time, after the download reaches 100%, the installation process get to an 'error' state with the following...
  3. Download reaches 79%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download reaches 79%: On Xbox 360, i tried to download the Jet Set Radio trial only for it to reach 79%, revert to 0% and say Cant Download. I tried other games such as Islands of Wakfu, TNT Racers etc and the same...
  4. Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then fails: Hello, please help Microsoft custmomer support. I bought Duke Nukem 3D on the Xbox 360 Xbox Live market place. The games reaches 79%, then goes to 0%, cycles between 79 and 0 a few times, then...
  5. What happened to my Halo Reach game I had previously downloaded and played?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happened to my Halo Reach game I had previously downloaded and played?: I started up my MCC collection and went to continue playing Halo Reach and it told me my game isn't installed, and then it asked me if I wanted to visit the Microsoft store. I went there and the...
  6. Halo reach download fix For mcc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo reach download fix For mcc: what fixed this issue for me was uninstalling the addon for it in my games and addons after pressing start on the game from the home screen basically just tap the center xbox button then press...
  7. Game download reaches 80%, restarts itself, looping and never finishing download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game download reaches 80%, restarts itself, looping and never finishing download: Yesterday I bought Lego Star Wars from the Marketplace directly on the XBox 360 and have not been able to download it yet It stops always at exactly 80% and resets itself, as soon as it reaches...
  8. Why download is restarting from 0% after reaching 99%?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why download is restarting from 0% after reaching 99%?: Hi everybody! I am facing this issue: I own an xbox360 and I bought a game on the online store. When I download it, the bar slowly goes to 99% but then goes back to 0% instead of finishing. I...
  9. Halo 3 and Reach Download Restarts at 80% in Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 3 and Reach Download Restarts at 80% in Xbox 360: I am trying to download and install Halo 3 and Reach. The download reaches 80% then it either restarts from 0% (it leaves an incomplete file which is the size of the game)or it stops and leaves a...
  10. Download ABORTED after reach 50 Gb! PC version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download ABORTED after reach 50 Gb! PC version: I bought the standard PC version and after two days of download I had reached 50 Gb then I realized that it was reset and started again. I contacted the customer service who told me that a lot...