When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong"

Discus and support When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong - sign in with the account that purchased the game or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MinnTwins2019, Aug 2, 2019.

1. When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong"

When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong - sign in with the account that purchased the game or installed the app..." so my kids cant play unless I am home or give them my access code - which I would rather
    not do.

It happens on MineCraft and Fortnight that I know of. Does not happen on Starwars Battlefront.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

:)

MinnTwins2019, Aug 2, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong"

Setup the Xbox as the home xbox using the account that purchased the games, and everyone will be able to use the games without having to log in to the account that purchased them. More info on the home xbox setting can be found here https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Just curious, was Minecraft and Fortnite bought on your account, and Star Wars bought on a different account? If you have the Xbox console that they are playing on set as your Home Xbox, they should be able to play the games on it anytime. Do you by chance
    have multiple consoles and maybe have a different console set as your Home Xbox?
  4. choppyseize Win User

Awesome. Does that also mean every game has been redeemed on the same account? The same account that's designated as the home Xbox? When you say you have to give the kids your code, do you mean password to sign into the account? Or did you set a passkey?
  5. edhernand281962 Win User

Hola Minn Twins2019,

Oye a mi también me suele pasar, lo que hago es entrar a otro juego x, y volver a ingresar al juego con el problema, si esto no funciona, es solo esperar ó apagar la xbox y volver a encenderlo

Espero que te sirva de algo.
  6. MinnTwins2019 Win User

This is our first and only xbox.

Thanks for the reply!
Thema:

1. When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong" - Similar Threads - kids try play

2. Are you kidding me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are you kidding me?: So today I am playing For Honor and I get paired up with a 4-man team. Game goes whatever - however, then they start messaging spamming and party inviting me to the point where it crashes my xbox....
  3. Local Co-op - multiplayer games for kids

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Local Co-op - multiplayer games for kids: I'm confused!! Xbox has safety protocols for kids which is great. But, our problem is they want to play with us, and most games they want to play are not local co-op!! You have to have xbox live,...
  4. Wollt ihr mich verarschen? [Translation-Are you kidding me?]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wollt ihr mich verarschen? [Translation-Are you kidding me?]: Microschrott bucht mir 3 euro von paypal ab für xbox live gold obwohl ich das nicht wollte. Gut hatte vll ein abo.. (Wieder mal, obwohl ich es nicht wollte.) Dann funktioniert nicht mal der...
  5. Kid Kuma not allowed as name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kid Kuma not allowed as name: So I am trying to change my Gamertag to match my handle on all other site which is "Kid Kuma". However I am presented with the message that "Kuma" is not allowed as a name. I have this tag on...
  6. Help! Evil ex trying to control my kids xbox!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help! Evil ex trying to control my kids xbox!: I've given my xbox one to my step sons but their mother has signed in using her own email and name and the boys arent in our family xbox anymore... is there anyway I can control or change this...
  7. report older men talking to young kids

in XBoX on Consoles
    report older men talking to young kids: It became apparent that sickos are out there on xbox lurking around obtaining the trust of young gamers. It disturbs me as a parent how can I report and invidual doing this....
  8. Banned for trying to help kids

in XBoX on Consoles
    Banned for trying to help kids: Alright so recently i was perma banned from xbox live not on this account i made this as a smurf for rainbow six siege but i cant post on the forum with my main so here is my story. My friends...
  9. when trying to sign in on 1 of my kids' profiles its coming up 0x80070002

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to sign in on 1 of my kids' profiles its coming up 0x80070002: when trying to sign in on 1 of my kids' profiles its coming up 0x80070002 2d0610d2-6bc7-4d05-b20d-31ac63cda322
  10. trying to set up Xbox live for the kids but i set up a profile in my name& e mail first ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to set up Xbox live for the kids but i set up a profile in my name& e mail first ...: Im trying to set up Xbox live for the kids.I set up a Microsoft account for myself (the adult) useing my name & e mail and got conected useing a prepaid 3 month card. then i was trying to set up...