When playing a game on Steam, I appear online on Xbox to other people. How does that occur...

Discus and support When playing a game on Steam, I appear online on Xbox to other people. How does that occur... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I think it might be something like the Xbox Game Bar that makes me appear online on Xbox, but I couldn’t find any information on that anywhere. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nickbarros01, Apr 7, 2020.

1. nickbarros01
    nickbarros01 Guest

When playing a game on Steam, I appear online on Xbox to other people. How does that occur...

I think it might be something like the Xbox Game Bar that makes me appear online on Xbox, but I couldn’t find any information on that anywhere.

I don’t want to appear online on Xbox Live because then I keep getting messages and party-invites.

:)

nickbarros01, Apr 7, 2020
  2. _Littlepip_ Win User

When playing a game on Steam, I appear online on Xbox to other people. How does that occur and how can I turn it off?

If you have the Xbox app installed on your PC, that's most likely the cause. Try signing out from it, or setting it to appear offline
  3. Big Dawg Mills Win User

When playing a game on Steam, I appear online on Xbox to other people. How does that occur and how can I turn it off?

Open up the Xbox app on your phone, pc, or console and switch to “appear offline”

this should resolve the issue
  4. ALEA J4CTA EST Win User

Friends Status

Does your friend appear offline? The appear offline feature will still increase in day count if they play while appearing offline. If he is not appearing offline, sometimes (very seldom) will the friends list show people with a wrong status, but when
    it does it usually updates within a few hours when this issue occurs.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

microsoft solitaire collection

Hello CarolPalmieri,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to make sure we provide the correct solution. Are you playing the game on a Windows 10 computer or a mobile device? Does this issue occur when you launch any other games? Does
    an error message or error code appear when the issue occurs? Be sure to let us know the results
    CarolPalmieri!
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Minecraft connection issues

Hello zkiller011,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to make sure we provide the correct solution. Are you playing Minecraft on the Xbox One, Xbox 360, a Windows 10 computer or a mobile device? Are you able to play other games online
    with your friends? Does an error message or error code appear when the issue occurs? Be sure to let us know the results
    zkiller011!
Thema:

1. When playing a game on Steam, I appear online on Xbox to other people. How does that occur... - Similar Threads - playing game Steam

2. Games on Xbox beta app playing horrible on my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Games on Xbox beta app playing horrible on my laptop: I have a Asus ROG strix G series laptop with a GTX 1660 TI GPU. I'm trying to play games in the Xbox beta app but even the Xbox 360 games play horrible even on low settings? I know my 1660 TI...
  3. Jugar juegos de xbox clasico en xbox 360[Translation - Play classic xbox games on xbox 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jugar juegos de xbox clasico en xbox 360[Translation - Play classic xbox games on xbox 360]: Hola alguien puede ayudarme descargue 2 juegos de xbox clásico de la pagina de microsoft en mi xbox 360, pense que seria compartible pero me marca un error al intentar jugar, me dice que necesito...
  4. Australian Game Steaming and Casting to TV while playing Destiny.

in XboX Insiders
    Australian Game Steaming and Casting to TV while playing Destiny.: I am located in Perth, Australia. This morning I changed from 1911.191213-0400 (Omega and Delta ring) to the Beta ring, installed the game streaming app and connected a controller to my phone....
  5. Can I play Ark Survival Evolved with my friend from steam to box game pass pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play Ark Survival Evolved with my friend from steam to box game pass pc: i have my xbox game pass ultimate for pc and can i play with my friend who has arc in steam, eventually we both have windows 10 and we both play from the pc platform...
  6. I am currently playing through the game pass on PC and want to buy on steam

in XBoX on Windows
    I am currently playing through the game pass on PC and want to buy on steam: Hey guys! When my 2 months of game pass finishes (there is a deal for 2 months for £2) is there a way for me at all to transfer my progress across to the steam account when I eventually buy it...
  7. Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App: When playing a game I have purchased & downloaded through Steam but launched through the Xbox app, my online status shows "Xbox App" and I can't upload/share game captures. When I try to share a...
  8. Play Steam and Uplay games on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play Steam and Uplay games on Xbox: Split from this thread. O que eu quero saber é se tem como eu jogar meus jogos que tenho na conta "Steam" e "Uplay PC" no XBOX? [Translation - What I want to know is if there is how I play my...
  9. Why does this app on WIN 10 stop me from playing my games that I paid for on Steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does this app on WIN 10 stop me from playing my games that I paid for on Steam?: =Ever since this app appeared on my PC it has stopped me from launching most of my games from Steam. Why did it do this and how do I get it to stop it. The APIs keep interfering with the ability...
  10. Xbox app being able to make your friends see what games you are playing on steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app being able to make your friends see what games you are playing on steam.: Hii I was just wondering if you could help me with the xbox one app Basically on this video they demonstrate what is to come this summer. This update has already rolled out to xbox one consoles...