When the day comes that Microsoft shuts down it's servers for Xbox One X, will I be able to...

Discus and support When the day comes that Microsoft shuts down it's servers for Xbox One X, will I be able to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The day will come when Microsoft shuts down the servers for Xbox One X. Will I be able to play Red Dead Redemption 2 without an internet connection... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darth Klutzy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Darth Klutzy
    Darth Klutzy Guest

When the day comes that Microsoft shuts down it's servers for Xbox One X, will I be able to...

The day will come when Microsoft shuts down the servers for Xbox One X. Will I be able to play Red Dead Redemption 2 without an internet connection then?

Why MUST it be connected to the internet now? I own the disc, and have no intention in ever copying it.

I would like to be able to play it without an internet connection.

:)

Darth Klutzy, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Reactor Leak SF Win User

How long xbox 360 servers is open?

The only reason I don’t think Xbox 360 servers will be shut down anytime soon, even after series X comes out, is that you still have games that I’ve just been added to backwards compatibility and those games will continue on when series X comes out. A
    lot of the backwards compatible games have multiplayer elements that need servers so it wouldn’t be a good idea to shut down games you just released.
  3. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Obsolete Consoles

Its all up to you if you want to upgrade to the series x. I doubt at the stroke of midnight of launch day for the new console that microsoft will shut down the servers for the older consoles. People are still using their xbox 360s and original xboxs.
  4. THE IMMORTAL D Win User

Easy 24HR Check-in fix

at the end of the day the 24 hour check in will work like this. if you go 24 hours without being connected online to mircosoft servers, the games will not play. which means ten yeaars from now, when the life cycle of the xbox one is over and xbox two comes
    out, and microsoft shuts down the servers for xbox one, 24 hours later you will not be able to play all those xbox one games you spent ten years collecting. $500 for a system that will be a brick ten years from now? no way.
  5. Sipuli91 Win User

Why buy digital? (Pros vs Cons)

I'll keep buying mostly physical just because I want to be able to easily share games and trade them in and I want to be able to play the game even after the service has been shut down. I already have a lot of games on Steam, all of which one day will be
    lost when Steam gets shut down (hopefully this won't happen in a very long time on Steam, but I'm not so confident with Microsoft since they are now shutting down GFWL, they have shut down the servers for original Xbox and when was it they will stop supporting
    Live for 360?). I'll buy digital if there's a sale or I can't find the physical copy anywhere and can't be bothered ordering it onlne.
  6. Deft Grinders Win User

Has a video game ever made you cry?

I cried when Microsoft shut down the servers of the first Xbox, shut down Halo 2.

oky I didn't, but I had tears in my eyes.
Thema:

1. When the day comes that Microsoft shuts down it's servers for Xbox One X, will I be able to... - Similar Threads - comes Microsoft shuts

2. Is this where I come to complain about how much I hate Microsoft or Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Is this where I come to complain about how much I hate Microsoft or Xbox?: I used to own Minecraft and Terraria, but I don't seem to anymore. I can't figure out why so I haven't been able to play either of them. submitted by /u/Uncooked_wonton [link] [comments]
  3. Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for PC & Console: Spiritfarer, Microsoft Flight Simulator,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for PC & Console: Spiritfarer, Microsoft Flight Simulator,...: Coming Soon Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC) – Available Today! Spiritfarer (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Available Today! Battletoads (Console & PC) – August 20 Crossing Souls (PC) ID@Xbox –...
  4. Xbox rewards help, told to come here by Microsoft support

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox rewards help, told to come here by Microsoft support: Was told by Microsoft support to come here and ask about not getting progress towards the ultimate game sale punch card for Xbox rewards. I'm a little incredulous about that direction but here I...
  5. Is Microsoft Flight simulator coming to Xbox One ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Microsoft Flight simulator coming to Xbox One ?: I'm asking specifically about the original XBox and not Series X 9fc75a8b-650e-4e52-9b71-9934dd8676b5
  6. A New Microsoft Store Experience is Coming to Xbox Insiders

in XboX Insiders
    A New Microsoft Store Experience is Coming to Xbox Insiders: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  7. New Microsoft Store experience coming for Xbox Insiders

in XboX Insiders
    New Microsoft Store experience coming for Xbox Insiders: [IMG] submitted by /u/tmanxxx [link] [comments]
  8. Come mai mi da errore durante la connessione al tuo account Microsoft?[Translation-How come...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Come mai mi da errore durante la connessione al tuo account Microsoft?[Translation-How come...: Sto provando ad accedere su un videogioco da Playstation 4 chiamato Minecraft, mi sta dando nei problemi, mi dice che si è verificato un errore con il mio account Microsoft. [Translation-I am...
  9. A purschase hasnt come in from Microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A purschase hasnt come in from Microsoft store?: I bought Age of Wonders Planetfall Invasion and it hasn't showed up yet. How do I get it to come in from the Microsoft Store? 07ca870f-f6d9-4ad0-8b4a-2f112541005d
  10. When is microsoft rewards coming to Greece?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is microsoft rewards coming to Greece?: I live in Greece and I'm so jealous of all the other supported countries. The rewards app updates regularly and I always have hope that that might be the day but NO. It always says that my market...