When trying to connect xbox controller, controller turns off

Discus and support When trying to connect xbox controller, controller turns off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was trying to hook my xbox to my boyfriends xbox that he brought over to play a game, when we tried to connect the controller it would blink, vibrate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lexilektra., Nov 20, 2021.

1. lexilektra.
    lexilektra. Guest

I was trying to hook my xbox to my boyfriends xbox that he brought over to play a game, when we tried to connect the controller it would blink, vibrate then just turn off. I’ve replaced the batteries twice and nothing has worked. I thought it was just the controller so i tried to connect another controller but it did the same. What’s happening?

:)

lexilektra., Nov 20, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly perform the steps below on your console then check if the same issue will occur.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Darkwolfecze Win User

start up

Connect your controller by cable first. Turn on console... Then turn it off with controller and try to turn it on with controller. It should work
  4. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  5. Darkwolfecze Win User

Xbox One S Controller Won’t Turn Xbox One on

Also after that connect your controller with cable. And then try to turn off the console with the controller. And then turn it on.
  6. Kevenstu01 Win User

Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone.

hi SnackPack83

unfortunately you cannot, the controller is set to ''always'' connect to the last synced device.

you will have to sync your controller every time you want to switch device

and turning off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button until it turn off is the intended way of turning it off without turning the Xbox off (when synced to an Xbox), or when synced to another device other then the Xbox
Thema:

1. When trying to connect xbox controller, controller turns off - Similar Threads - trying connect controller

2. Hello. I'm trying to connect a Jumper T-Lite Radio Control transmitter to Windows 10 on a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello. I'm trying to connect a Jumper T-Lite Radio Control transmitter to Windows 10 on a...: Device Manager reports: Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&1d69168d&0&3 was configured. Driver Name: usb.inf Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000} Driver Date: 06/21/2006...
  3. XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...: In the last month a recent update has made all my controllers unusable, the only way they stay connected is via USB lead and when pairing wirelessly they work for a small few clicks and then stop....
  4. Xbox series x light doesn’t blink when trying to connect controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x light doesn’t blink when trying to connect controller?: I am unable to wirelessly connect controller as the xbox light on my series x does not blink. I can however use the controller through the usb-c cord. Is this a bug or is my device defective?...
  5. Cant connect controlls to xbox, tried several

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant connect controlls to xbox, tried several: Hi! I started my xbox and my controllers blinked in an odd way. I was pushing the connect button on the xbox but nothing happens, I got recommended to try to connect it through cable aswell, it...
  6. My new xbox one controller is coming up as "input" when trying to connect it to my pc via...

in XBoX on Windows
    My new xbox one controller is coming up as "input" when trying to connect it to my pc via...: Just bought a new xbox one controller today with a new bluetooth adapter, which is supposed to be universal. Ive looked up online how to connect it to my computer, but when searching for the...
  7. Trying to connect my xbox controller to Samsung Galaxy a10

in XBoX on Mobile
    Trying to connect my xbox controller to Samsung Galaxy a10: Hi when I try and connect my controller to my Samsung galaxy a10 as this pops up [img] c9b3995e-5fbf-440e-b2ce-93d32b9476c5
  8. Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...: Hello, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help. My brothers both have xbox one controllers (genuine branded), and for the last 2 years or so, they've operated without issues. That was...
  9. Controllers keep disconnecting and re-connecting tried everything - please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers keep disconnecting and re-connecting tried everything - please help!: my controller will randomly disconnect and re-connect, seems to happen the most in NHL but also happens in COD and world of warships...... Here is what I've tried as trouble shooting: 1)2...
  10. Trying to connect xbox controller to laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to connect xbox controller to laptop: I've been trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop. I am aware that I have the older controller and so I need a micro usb to connect it. however, when I plug the controller into the...