When trying to purchase a game it dosent give me a option to us my Microsoft account balance

Discus and support When trying to purchase a game it dosent give me a option to us my Microsoft account balance in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I put a $70 dollar gift card to pre order resident evil village yesterday but when I got into the store to purchase it it doesn't give me the option of... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by KazzoKunt69, May 5, 2021.

1. KazzoKunt69
    KazzoKunt69 Guest

When trying to purchase a game it dosent give me a option to us my Microsoft account balance

I put a $70 dollar gift card to pre order resident evil village yesterday but when I got into the store to purchase it it doesn't give me the option of using it, I went into my settings and looked at my account balance and the money is there it’s just not letting me use it

:)

KazzoKunt69, May 5, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Hello @KazzoKunt69, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link below:

Get help with purchase errors | Xbox Support.

In case the issue still persists, please contact our live support:

Contact us | Xbox Support.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Smwutches Win User

Redeeming Gift Card Codes?

When you redeem a gift code it adds money to your Microsoft account balance. When you make a purchase on the Xbox store it will give you the option of using a credit card/Paypal or using your account balance.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

LIED TO BY A ONLINE CHAT HELPER

Once you put the xbox gift card onto your account and its in your Microsoft account balance you can then go to microsoftstore.com and sign in with the account that has the gift card money on it and purchase a xbox live digital subscription card and when
    going through the checkout process it will give you the option to use the Microsoft account balance to make the purchase. it will then give you a new 25 character code to put in that will give you the amount of time that you purchased on a live subscription.
  5. Cam1380 Win User

Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.

Thanks Brad,

I'm trying to buy NBA JAM from my XBOX 1, when I change payment options it says Microsoft account balances cannot be used in this purchase channel.
  6. Smwutches Win User

how do I use microsoft account balance?

The Microsoft account balance cannot be used on all types or purchases. So depending on what you're trying to purchase it may not be a valid option.
Thema:

1. When trying to purchase a game it dosent give me a option to us my Microsoft account balance - Similar Threads - trying purchase game

2. "Oops. Don't know what happened there." message. When trying to purchase games.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    "Oops. Don't know what happened there." message. When trying to purchase games.: I've tried to buy three games within the last week and each time I just assume that it'll fix itself eventually. However, now I want to buy a game that is on sale and it isn't working so I need to...
  3. Order History not showing purchased game. (Trying to check refund request progress)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Order History not showing purchased game. (Trying to check refund request progress): Hey All, I recently purchased Fallout 76: Steel Dawn Deluxe Edition from the Xbox store while it was on sale. However I was only going to test run the game and see if I liked it without realizing...
  4. Error when trying to purchase game pass deal for $1

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Error when trying to purchase game pass deal for $1: I have a deal on my home screen for game pass for 3 months for $1, but every time i try to use it, it tells me something went wrong. [img] 389d26fb-8778-43df-ac66-780bd26ed186
  5. A problem while I try to purchase xbox game pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    A problem while I try to purchase xbox game pass?: So I tried to purchase the xbox game pass ultimate on microsoft store but I can't buy it because I get this page. (I am hungarian so the text in the attached image is hungarian too.) So it seems...
  6. When I try to purchase as games I get an "oops something went wrong" message.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to purchase as games I get an "oops something went wrong" message.: My dudes and dudets, when i try to purchase some games like borderlands 3, and some others i get an "oops something went wrong" message with a different code every time. And no support from the...
  7. Region error while trying to purchase xbox game pass for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region error while trying to purchase xbox game pass for pc: When I try buying the xbox game pass for pc, I enter my payment information (on the XBOX app) and then there's a next page and it tells me "We need your profile address" and I type in my address...
  8. Trying to purchase game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase game: Trying to purchase game and it won't accept my pay ment fe3eafad-2138-4b44-a0d3-14c505a0d80b
  9. Glitch when trying to purchase XBOX 360 games and Xbox Original games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Glitch when trying to purchase XBOX 360 games and Xbox Original games: Cant purchase XBOX 360 games and or Xbox original games. Unable to change payment method. Can purchase XBOX one games fine. Even talked to support got a case number: 1505945033, and 150601613 I...
  10. purchased wrong version of game; trying to get a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchased wrong version of game; trying to get a refund: I have written Xbox about the accidental purchase of The Witcher 3 GOTY edition instead of the base game. I have been playing the base game through Game Pass and have reached Level 36. I did not...