Where are Xbox games stored on Microsoft's end?

Discus and support Where are Xbox games stored on Microsoft's end? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I decided to download an old game on my Xbox One. Destiny. While it was installing, I wondered where do the files I download come from? Do they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Manerum, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:42 AM.

1. Manerum
    Manerum Guest

Today I decided to download an old game on my Xbox One. Destiny. While it was installing, I wondered where do the files I download come from? Do they come from servers at the company that made the game; Bungie? Or does every game published on Xbox get their game files stored at Microsoft's servers? I mainly ask this because download speeds seem to be inconsistent based on what I'm installing.

:)

2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Manerum

It depends on the game, some games are stored on the Xbox servers, while other games are stored on the developer's servers.

So, this is why you experience different download speeds depending on the game

Hope it helps, feel free to ask further questions if necessary!

Greetings
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox games are stored on Microsoft servers. While developers may manage the network functions, all purchases, uploads and downloads are handled by Microsoft
  4. XBF Paul M Win User

Overwatch Legendary edition

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist. Where did you purchase the game, was it on the Microsoft store or at your local game store? Sometimes at local game stores they include a code on the receipt. Please let us know where the game was purchased.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  5. Eden0032 Win User

I haven't got my code

Hi there!

Xbox don't sell digital codes - it's all done on the Xbox Store and you get the games instantly.

Where did you buy the code from? Was it from the Microsoft Store?

-
  6. MauritsRuyssen Win User

Buyed an add one for Fortnite and i did not get it in the game.

where did you purchase the addon, if it was via xbox store/windows store that is for console only, you have to go through the ingame store as it has nothing to do with microsoft.
    It buyed with the microsoft store online.
Thema:

1. Where are Xbox games stored on Microsoft's end? - Similar Threads - Where are games

2. Geographical Region Shows up different In-Game then where I actually am

in XBoX on Consoles
    Geographical Region Shows up different In-Game then where I actually am: So I currently I'm living in Ohio but every time I connect to any game servers such as Call of Duty Cold War, Its says that I'm in Alabama. Is there a way to change this because playing with...
  3. Where to find the background image used in the minecraft game details on the 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where to find the background image used in the minecraft game details on the 360?: Does anyone know where to find a download for the image used in the game details? It's pretty slick looking minecraft and I wouldn't mind having it as background....
  4. Where the [mod removed] is my game (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where the [mod removed] is my game (Minecraft): I own Minecraft I've had it since beta 1.2 I even migrated my account and I go to launch it today and it says I no longer own it WHERE THE [mod removed] IS MY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. Not sure where else to request games so...

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure where else to request games so...: Can you please add House Flipper to Game pass Ultimate? It has a few DLCs here and there to give funds to the game and the company. This game was once on my PC but now I've lost access to a PC...
  6. How do I tell the Xbox app where my installed games are

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I tell the Xbox app where my installed games are: I installed some games to an external hard drive for use on a different computer and the Xbox app isn't showing my installed games. How do I tell it where my games are without completely...
  7. Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...: My Xbox game pass app once launched doesn't allow me to eject my external HD drive which the games are installed in even after closing the app. it says the drive is in use so can't be ejected....
  8. Where can I see and manage all the games I own in a browser? (Not on Console, Not on APP)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can I see and manage all the games I own in a browser? (Not on Console, Not on APP): Hello All, I am looking for some help to figure out where I can see all the games that I have bought or are associated to my account. I need to see these on a browser, not on the console, not on...
  9. Where can I find the "token" for my discontinued game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I find the "token" for my discontinued game?: My Game that I purchased before 2020 discontinued in 2021 of Sept. It said if you purchased the game before June you'd get a "token" only excessible through Xbox.... And then the message cut off...
  10. Where are the original games? Where are the fun new titles? It’s been over a year now.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where are the original games? Where are the fun new titles? It’s been over a year now.: I just received my Xbox series S today. I downloaded all the updates, updated my controller, and paid for Xbox ultimate. I immediately downloaded Halo. I looked high and low for another new triple...