Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10

Discus and support Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i want to know if i can find the gamefiles of gears of war 4 installed on my Windows 10 machine from the store, i have looked everywhere but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpideryWand1101, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10

Hi, i want to know if i can find the gamefiles of gears of war 4 installed on my Windows 10 machine from the store, i have looked everywhere but it seems like i cannot find them

:)

SpideryWand1101, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10

You can of course change the permissions back:

Open File Explorer.

Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.
    Right-click the file, and select Properties.
    Click on the Security tab.
    Click the Advanced button.

On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.

On the "Select User or Group" page, type the following to add the TrustedInstaller account and click Check Names:

NT Service\TrustedInstaller

Click OK.

Click Apply.

Click OK again to complete the task.

These steps now restored the ownership of the file to the built-in TrustedInstaller.

Also, don't forget to check the "Replace owner on the sub-containers and objects" and "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object" options, if you previously changed these settings on system folders.

Finally, if you granted yourself full control to the system file, you may also want to remove these settings as well, and to do that you can use the following steps:

Right-click the system file, and select Properties.
    Click on the Security tab.
    Click the Advanced button.
    On the "Advanced Security Settings" page select your account.
    Click Remove.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Once you've un-hidden the folders and found the WindowsApps folder, you'll next need to take ownership of said folder. To do this, follow instructions on

this website
    from intowindows.com (not a Microsoft owned website).
    Be very careful when performing this. A mistake could cause serious problems for your PC.

It won't. You're only taking ownership of one folder, it won't cause serious issues. It's perfectly safe, I build these things. I would suggest that it's always good practice to make a backup of any files you try to edit.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Windows 10 games whether they are on Microsoft's PC game pass App or Play Anywhere titles, use the standard Windows Universal Platform for installation. This places all downloads (apps and games) into a hidden Windows folder called 'WindowsApps'.

If your game or app is installed on C:\ drive, the WindowsApps
    hidden folder will be located within the 'Program Files' folder. On other drives the folder will be located in the root location of the drive e.g.
    D:\WindowsApps

Once you've un-hidden the folders and found the WindowsApps folder, you'll next need to take ownership of said folder. To do this, follow instructions on

this website

This does not require you download or install anything, just follow the instructions in the link.

Hope that helps
  5. MagicalGod Loki Win User

I would agree with this. Many years ago Curse took over the folders for World of Warcraft for interface mods. The game was then not able to update. Always be careful messing with Registry's or hidden files on windows systems.
  6. Ackis Win User

this website
    Be very careful when performing this. A mistake could cause serious problems for your PC.
Thema:

1. Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Where find gamefiles

2. could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed...

in XBoX on Windows
    could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed...: hi good evening, could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed on PC? i need to erase a game that doesn't appear in "apps and features" and xbox app...
  3. Where can I find the xbox terms of service?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I find the xbox terms of service?: As the title says, where can I find the xbox terms of service? 5f20794b-ddfb-4f52-baa3-42b7c6b8d9a8
  4. Where do you find a listing of ALL purchases from Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do you find a listing of ALL purchases from Microsoft?: Specifically looking for in-game purchases from Windows 10 games. They aren't listed on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/. The listing was missing multiple in-game purchases from Win...
  5. Where can I find my Microsoft account balance?!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can I find my Microsoft account balance?!: So im new to Microsoft and Xbox live i was just wondering where can I find my account balances at 7ce346da-bd88-4776-909c-16cf566184cb
  6. Where do i find the code to link my xbox one x to my xbox app on my phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Where do i find the code to link my xbox one x to my xbox app on my phone: It don't see the code on the update screen like the app says 34df15c3-0a72-4bb3-9922-ffb90d81392b
  7. AC Odyssey Gold Edition + Season Pass - but where can I find the code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC Odyssey Gold Edition + Season Pass - but where can I find the code?: I've bought AC Odyssey's Gold Edition (+ Season Pass) just recently and downloaded all the contents, but when I want to click on the season pass in the Shop Store of AC Odyssey itself, it wants me...
  8. I can not find where to buy xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not find where to buy xbox live gold: I searched everywhere. In the xbox store, on the xbox and microsoft site. The store only controls and share the gold. Please tell me where to renew the subscription....
  9. Don't know where to report this but, here is an issue I ran into. Hope it finds it way to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Don't know where to report this but, here is an issue I ran into. Hope it finds it way to...: New Solitaire has a "raw" place-holder when new Rewards are unlocked. [img] 6cd5199b-0b21-49e0-b754-7c7f83f55548
  10. WHERE DO I FIND THE XBOX ONE SYSTEM UPDATE FILE TO UPDATE OFFLINE

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHERE DO I FIND THE XBOX ONE SYSTEM UPDATE FILE TO UPDATE OFFLINE: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND AND DOWNLOAD THE XBOX ONE SYSTEM UPDATE FILE SO THAT I CAN TRY UPDATEING IT OFFLINE. AT THE MOMENT IT IS STUCK AT 55% AND WONT CONTINUE. ALL I ASK IS FOR SOMEONE...