Where is the intake fan on the Xbox one s?

Discus and support Where is the intake fan on the Xbox one s? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Where is the air flow for the xbox one s? 3c6abfce-8cc4-4362-ae5a-825612aade6d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zane524, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Zane524
    Zane524 Guest

Where is the air flow for the xbox one s?

:)

Zane524, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Atherza Win User

My Xbox One Shuts Down By Itself ! Help

Hey there! Is your Xbox One in a place where it can intake cool air, and exhaust warm air?
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Cooling stand for Xbox 360 Blue LEDs 3 Fans

@hobblejp

Sorry to be pedantic here but by the laws of diffusion air should flood in through any vent without a fan to fill the vaccum, so in essence a vaccum by its very nature sucks on its own.

thats the point i was making,it was being argued that the xbox does not take in air because it does not have intake fans,my point was the vent allows the air to be "pulled in" purely to fill the space left by the expelled air.this space is basically a vacuum
    and as you suggest it "sucks" in the surrounding air without the need for intake fans.the external fans cools this surrounding air therefore making the internal fans more productive.
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"][quote user=""]
    the fans are designed to disperse the heat around the console not the heat within meaning the air taken in by the console is cooler.most of these fans were originally designed for laptops,i have one under my console, my laptop and my ps3 all run silent
    and have done without any problems for over a year.i paid £1 for each from poundland.maybe coincidence but i have never had any overheating problems with any of them.

[/quote] The Xbox 360 doesn't take any cool air in. It's a negative airflow designed case. The two fans at the back are outake fans and are basically designed to suck all the hot air out and are both independant of each other (one for CPU and the other for
    GPU). There's no intake fans in the system whatsoever. The only benefit to a cooling pad/mat, as I said before is to keep the underside of the Xbox 360 a little cooler as there are four RAM chips on the underside of the motherboard that use the metal casing
    of the Xbox 360 (housed inside the plastic shell) as a heat sink. [/quote] if the console does not take in air ,where does the air come from that it expels from the fans??? it has to otherwise it would be a vacuum inside and the fans would jam as there would
    be nothing to turn them.on the left side of the slim console is the air intake,the xbox does not physically "suck" this air in but it still takes in this air in order to expel it.
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"][quote user=""]if the console does not take in air ,where does the air come from that it expels from the fans??? it has to otherwise it would be a vacuum inside and the fans would jam as there would be nothing
    to turn them.on the left side of the slim console is the air intake,the xbox does not physically "suck" this air in but it still takes in this air in order to expel it. [/quote] I'll clarify for your benefit. There is no fan that takes cool air in, only outake
    fans that expel hot air. Also you are not going to get banned for keeping your system cool. You'll get banned for Jtagging, and other dubious practices. This is from experience having modified two Xbox 360s already (for the sole purpose of keeping them cool
    by adding extra fans and adding LEDs etc, nothing dubious) Whether this will work on a slim or not I have no opinion of. I don't own one (yet). [/quote] at no point have i said there are intake fans,in order to expel air the air needs to be there be be expelled.as
    the hot air is expelled from the machine it is replaced by the surrounding air,however that happens.the cooler this air is the less heat the fans need to remove. people have got banned by replacing the internal fans as it is classed as tampering with your
    console.
  6. Unreal Warfare Win User

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]if the console does not take in air ,where does the air come from that it expels from the fans??? it has to otherwise it would be a vacuum inside and the fans would jam as there would be nothing to turn them.on the left side
    of the slim console is the air intake,the xbox does not physically "suck" this air in but it still takes in this air in order to expel it. [/quote] I'll clarify for your benefit. There is no fan that takes cool air in, only outake fans that expel hot air.
    Also you are not going to get banned for keeping your system cool. You'll get banned for Jtagging, and other dubious practices. This is from experience having modified two Xbox 360s already (for the sole purpose of keeping them cool by adding extra fans and
    adding LEDs etc, nothing dubious) Whether this will work on a slim or not I have no opinion of. I don't own one (yet).
Thema:

1. Where is the intake fan on the Xbox one s? - Similar Threads - Where intake fan

2. No way to find out where my Xbox Controller sent off for repair is

in XBoX on Consoles
    No way to find out where my Xbox Controller sent off for repair is: Hi, I am based in the UK and sent off a while ago my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller for repair as a thumbstick was broken (unresponsive due to a manufacturing defect) and it was in warranty. The...
  3. Anyone else having an issue on the Series X where their controller will lose...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having an issue on the Series X where their controller will lose...: Been experiencing this recently where the controller will disconnect from the console, and the only resolution is a hard restart of the console. Which resolves the issue Anyone else experiencing...
  4. Xbox Assist where it shouldn't be.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Assist where it shouldn't be.: I'm on the beta release of the OS and let me tell you, I have never used "Xbox Assist" for anything and for as long as I've known and tried to use it, it has never assisted me in any way. As far...
  5. Where did the saves go?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where did the saves go?: For a couple months, I have been playing Fallout 4 with no issues including saves. I went to play recently after saving the day before and the game started with the intro which is unusual. It then...
  6. where do i add a server on xbox one minecraft ??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where do i add a server on xbox one minecraft ??: hi, recently i got xbox live gold, i decided to enter a server that didn't have it, summary: i had to put the server's port, name, ip and etc to enter ... but i don't find the place to put it the...
  7. Where is the save path of Doom Eternal when downloaded with xbox game pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is the save path of Doom Eternal when downloaded with xbox game pass?: I had do some searching it seems that doom eternal have no cloud save so i wanted to backup my save before uninstalling it. It seems that the location of steam version is located at...
  8. where is my Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where is my Games: where is my Games and Money ?? 0422cf9c-f977-4554-933f-b4e8a0c0e69c
  9. Can't purchase Jet Set Radio on computer where to buy digital?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Jet Set Radio on computer where to buy digital?: I just found JSR on Xbox store and can't buy it online or on the Xbox website nor the Xbox one. My account is the main (adult) account. Where can i buy a digital version of the game without game...
  10. Does anyone know where I can get a power cord for a Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know where I can get a power cord for a Xbox 360?: Hello, I'm dusting off my old Xbox 360 because with Covid, the only way my girlfriend will play video games is if they are interactive, and it would be similar to a workout. So I'm gonna buy a...