Where to install apps

Discus and support Where to install apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently bought an xbox game pass ultimate allowing me to a multitude of games (as well as some perks) however, my puny laptop does not have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EricNg95, Nov 19, 2019.

1. EricNg95
    EricNg95 Guest

Where to install apps

I've recently bought an xbox game pass ultimate allowing me to a multitude of games (as well as some perks) however, my puny laptop does not have enough space for such games. I have an external drive, however, and I want to change the location where my
    apps are saved, but in doing so I must delete my apps, and I kinda don't want to delete everything. Is there a way to switch to my external just for these xbox games? Maybe in a new profile? Or anything so I don't have to delete my original apps?

:)

EricNg95, Nov 19, 2019
  2. kev edin Win User

Where to install apps

O dont think you have to delete apps to move them . 🤔 you should be able to move them to a formatted hard drive . 👍
  3. EricNg95 Win User

Where to install apps

What do you mean by format, and how could I do that?
  4. EricNg95 Win User

Where to install apps

It still pops up with the confirmation to delete other apps

https://pasteboard.co/IHbnx1W.png
  5. XxcementxX Win User

Where to install apps

Hey!

You should be able to do this by doing the following

1. Click the Start menu to and
    select the gear icon(settings).

2. Choose System from the settings menu.

3. Select Storagefrom the sidebar.

4. Select Change where new content is saved (Under More storage settings).

5. Select the External Drive you want to use (Under New apps will save to:).
  6. AyeeJamesy Win User

Where to install apps

If you have an external hard drive maybe you can format it
Thema:

Where to install apps

1. Where to install apps - Similar Threads - Where install apps

2. Where is Xbox Beta App PC installed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is Xbox Beta App PC installed?: Hi, Can anyone point me to where the Xbox Beta App for PC is installed? I would like to run an overlay when I'm launching games from the Xbox Beta App. Thanks!...
  3. Xbox PC game pass. Where are the games installed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC game pass. Where are the games installed?: I'm trying to find a folder with one of the games i installed via Xbox game pass for PC, but i just can't find it. It's like the game isn't on my PC at all. I find it troubling that i can't do...
  4. could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed...

in XBoX on Windows
    could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed...: hi good evening, could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed on PC? i need to erase a game that doesn't appear in "apps and features" and xbox app...
  5. "Where do you want to install?" the Microsoft store says as I attempt to install Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Where do you want to install?" the Microsoft store says as I attempt to install Minecraft.: So recently, as in..an hour ago, my mother purchased "Minecraft Starter Collection" for Windows 10. She used my account on her own computer, purchased it, and then logged out. I have downloaded...
  6. where do i find the ready to install apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where do i find the ready to install apps: where do i find my installed games d87c3d31-8b7f-4894-a95d-adbadd07e00d
  7. Where does Windows 10 install games downloaded from the store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where does Windows 10 install games downloaded from the store?: Where does Windows 10 install games downloaded from the store? 445d00c2-c278-4630-a596-747c3ae4a2dd
  8. Where to find car packs I own if they are not showing in the ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where to find car packs I own if they are not showing in the ready to install: I reinstalled my forza horizon 3 but 3 car packs are not showing up. I own the car pass but it's wanting me to rebuy them 99a7bea3-e5c0-414d-882b-f6c31d48d268
  9. I installed new computer, where are my downloaded microsoft jigsaw collections

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed new computer, where are my downloaded microsoft jigsaw collections: I installed a new computer but the xbox account does not display the jigsaw collections downloaded. On my new computer, I downloaded 2 collections but they do not appear in my collections either...
  10. Installed Fable II: Knothole glade on Xbox One, cannot find where to start it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed Fable II: Knothole glade on Xbox One, cannot find where to start it: I KNOW I installed it, Xbox store says Knothole Glade and See the future are both INSTALLED. But when I go to "my games and apps", I see only halo 5 and some AC games, not the Fable ones that I...