Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check?

Discus and support Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Does anyone know which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing? Is there a way to check if I have Dolby Atmos Upmixing in my Xbox?... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MSPatricio, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check?

Does anyone know which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing? Is there a way to check if I have Dolby Atmos Upmixing in my Xbox?

submitted by /u/MSPatricio
    [link] [comments]

/u/MSPatricio, Sep 4, 2019
  2. JosiahB88 Win User

Dolby Atmos Download Question

Perfect! Thank you very much! Last question. Does the Dolby Atmos app for Xbox upscale/upmix all audio for headphones?
  3. Red264 Win User

Xbox One X sound to audio receiver

You can buy HDMI ARC converter boxes on Amazon that will enable HDMI-ARC on old sound systems, they are essentially dummy sound systems that pose as an ARC receiver then pass the audio to the sound system plugged in at the other end.

Be aware that HDMI-ARC is no different from optical, it only supports PCM 2.0 (stereo) Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1, thats all you get. If you desire HD audio formats or PCM 7.1 you need a 4K/HDR compatible sound system.

Dolby Atmos is buggy on Xbox because of the way the Xbox audio engine works, MS have an audio upmixer that merges the system UI sounds with audio streams but this does not play well when bitstreaming Atmos. Which on a technical level is handing off the audio
    from Xbox to the sound system to decode so you can see why their upmixer causes all sorts of problems. There really should be a toggle in the audio settings to disable the upmixer (thereby muting system audio) when using Atmos or bitstreaming Blu-ray/Movie/TV
    audio in general.

Atmos is not designed for gaming in short.
  4. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Only party audio playing through headset?

Is it possible that you set your sound output for headphones to Dolby Atmos and didn't buy the Dolby Atmos App?

If so, you will be able to try Dolby Atmos through Headphones for 14 days, after which it'll stop working.

You need to switch to basic Stereo or Windows Sonic if you want spatial 3D sound without paying for Dolby Atmos.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
Thema:

Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check?

1. Which exact Insider version was released Dolby Atmos Upmixing and how to check? - Similar Threads - exact Insider version

2. My xbox one is making a loud noise that sounds exactly like a vacuum

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is making a loud noise that sounds exactly like a vacuum: I think my xbox is damaged but I don't know where how do i fix it? ef129f66-57f9-436b-bd34-2a9730158d99
  3. What does this exactly mean ?

in XboX Insiders
    What does this exactly mean ?: [IMG] submitted by /u/giothescrub [link] [comments]
  4. Where do I find the "play later" list, exactly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do I find the "play later" list, exactly?: So, I've been using this new (or, well, not really "new" since it was introduced this summer.) Xbox "play later" feature, which basically adds games from Xbox Game Pass to a list, which is meant...
  5. So what exactly counts against a custom gamerpic?

in XBoX Accessibility
    So what exactly counts against a custom gamerpic?: I just got a small temp ban for having Penny (from fortnite) as my profile picture for several weeks now. Only tonight did I get a ban for it. Nothing is exposing minus the tanktop which shows...
  6. How does this Xbox Live Silver/Gold thing exactly work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does this Xbox Live Silver/Gold thing exactly work?: [img] Just bought this baby recently, and after some problems (And wailing (And perhaps annoying you) on here) regarding the PSU, i finally got one, and it is working pretty well! And it also...
  7. Why does ESL Gaming Allow Spamming of the same exact move in all of there Tournaments?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does ESL Gaming Allow Spamming of the same exact move in all of there Tournaments?: Example for Mortal Kombat 11 below. We regret the result, however, the rules do not prohibit spam skills. Please read the rules. https://play.eslgaming.com/mor...extra-north-america/rules/ What...
  8. Not exactly understood the 'regular user' benefit of this new feature

in XboX Insiders
    Not exactly understood the 'regular user' benefit of this new feature: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  9. What exactly is 0x87e1000a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What exactly is 0x87e1000a: I tried loading a game a while ago and got this code, and again more recently can someone please tell me how to fix it? Talking to Microsoft does not help! It is also a play anywhere game and...
  10. Xbox won’t exactly let me upload profile picture anymore

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox won’t exactly let me upload profile picture anymore: Okay, long story short, I was in Xbox app to change my profile picture. I clicked on it so I could use my own images for a profile picture, but it said “due to your past behavior, you can’t upload...