Which language to use for bug reports?

Discus and support Which language to use for bug reports? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I try to do a lot of bug reporting and though I usually write my reports in english (with my Xbox set to german), but I also specifically like to look... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/WienerWuerstl, Jan 16, 2020 at 6:32 PM.

1. Which language to use for bug reports?

I try to do a lot of bug reporting and though I usually write my reports in english (with my Xbox set to german), but I also specifically like to look out for localization errors, cut off text on localized text, etc. which I tend to write in german as it regards the german localization.

Question is: Do bug reports written and sent from an Xbox set to german go to someone who speaks german, then, if at all useful, translates it and sends it on to the (english speaking?) team working on that? Are non-english bug reports that aren't on localization even taken into account as much? Is it more useful for reports to just be written in english generally?

submitted by /u/WienerWuerstl
    [link] [comments]

/u/WienerWuerstl, Jan 16, 2020 at 6:32 PM
  2. ngocphi Win User

Wrong language in a game bought on the marketplace

All games in the Support ed language will have their description in the supported language unless you rely on the webmarketplace which is why you didn't see the supported language as you are referencing something you don't have access to

Using the correct regional marketplace will give you the proper description

When you use the us marketplace you still can only queue the regional content in your region its not a bug
  3. Cpt Nez Win User

Achievements in wrong language

Have you tried switching to any other language in the settings? If the achievement language consistantly stays the same then it may be be a bug. I’d try some other languages before bringing it up to https://support.xbox.com
  4. DanBuehner Win User

Kinect Fun Labs

What Language are you currently using and which language would you like to use?
  5. BleakEvergreen Win User

Spiderman friend or foe. Tried playing and the whole screen goes black

Hello Jsoili!

It seems that the game must be having bugs or someone could've hacked into the game and edited the computer language to make it go black. I suggest searching this bug on forums and see if any other players have this bug; or you could ask xBox for a refund,
    or see if they can look into the game.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sincerely,

6. snikefriend Win User

How to change language in XBOX app on Windows 10?

Xbox App uses the language that you have assigned as your preffered Windows language. In order to change that, search for "Language" (type this in your Windows language if you're not using the english version) in the search bar on Windows and then the language
    panel will come up. (It's the same panel you use if you want to change keyboard preferences) The language which is in the top, is the one that the Store and all it's apps use. Just get the language you prefer in the first spot and the Store along with all
    the apps and your keyboard will use this as preffered language.
Thema:

Which language to use for bug reports?

1. Which language to use for bug reports? - Similar Threads - language bug reports

2. Accessibility Features that would help w/Language and Articulation Barriers.

in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility Features that would help w/Language and Articulation Barriers.: Microsoft is an AMAZING company and is always evolving, and with that their is always learning to do. Over the last year or so I have watched Microsoft implement many features that aid individuals...
  3. Problem with language region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with language region: I am brazilian and live in the Japan I tried to buy some digital games from USA websites, but when I try to input serial key, returns with the follow error "you can't acquire this item in your...
  4. linguagens[languages]

in XBoX Accessibility
    linguagens[languages]: Pessoal, boa tarde Comprei para o meu filho um XBOX ONE S ALL DIGITAL... Fiz todos os procedimentos para atualizacao... Somente nao consegui colocar o conteudo em PORTUGUES... Existe algum...
  5. Apex:Legends language bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apex:Legends language bug: Ok so whenever my game installed I went to start it up like usually but i Noticed that instead something like ABUTTON to start,it said someone in german and I thought "Hm, thats weird" then when I...
  6. BUG - TOMB RAIDER / XBOX LIVE GOLD MARCH DLC - LANGUAGE ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUG - TOMB RAIDER / XBOX LIVE GOLD MARCH DLC - LANGUAGE ERROR: Hi, I am currently facing the exact opposite of Wishcatcher's problem: Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. I live in the Dutch part of Belgium, and no matter what I try, the Tom Raider...
  7. BUG - TOMB RAIDER / XBOX LIVE GOLD MARCH DLC - LANGUAGE ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUG - TOMB RAIDER / XBOX LIVE GOLD MARCH DLC - LANGUAGE ERROR: Hi, I don't know if i'm the only one but : I download Tomb Raider last Sunday, in description i saw => French and German languages I played that game and no one of these languages are Inside......
  8. System Language Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Language Bug: Hi there I'm from Switzerland (from the german part) but i prefer my Xbox and games to be in english. So i set my system language to english and location to Switzerland. Now while most of my...
  9. System Language Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Language Bug: Hi there I'm from Switzerland (from the german part) but i prefer my Xbox and games to be in english. So i set my system language to english and location to Switzerland. Now while most of my...
  10. Xbox One Language/Region Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Language/Region Bug: Hi, Im Portuguese playing in Portugal. I hate games translated to Portuguese (for example, playing star wars listening to the chars talking in brasilian is horrible and brain damaging) so I keep...